Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I know EuropeanPete is currently staying at the property based on a post in the Design Hotel thread. If he could do an update on the breakfast situation since there's no exec lounge, I can update the exec lounge sticky/would greatly appreciate it. Thx.

Cheers.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I know EuropeanPete is currently staying at the property based on a post in the Design Hotel thread. If he could do an update on the breakfast situation since there's no exec lounge, I can update the exec lounge sticky/would greatly appreciate it. Thx.
Cheers.
I was initially given breakfast as an option due to Ambassador status, but then told that my rate actually includes breakfast anyways. I was also offered a 20min free massage as what I assume is an elite benefit - not sure if i’ll have time to make use of it.

Will put together some general thoughts on the property when i’ve had some more time to explore.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
I stayed here two weeks ago on points and was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Complimentary breakfast in the restaurant each morning. I was also provided with a large bottle of water and a fruit plate as a welcome amenity gift.

FYI: I hold Ambassador status.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Same for me as a frequent Platinum here. Free breakfast or, if your rate already includes breakfast, a treatment in the hammam downstairs. Both are kinda average but perfectly adequate.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
This hotel is walkable to both the main train station and also to the old town, however it is not a short walk in either direction. I think its about 15 mins to the train station and 20 or 25 mins to the old town. Perfectly safe in daytime and flat and level the whole way. Not sure if i would do the walk at night though.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updates. I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Concluding my comments above, I stayed here for two nights over the weekend. While the core hard product is fine and I actually though the service was excellent, the owner has clearly been starving the hotel of operating capital and so in my view is not operating at the minimum required level of a Marriott/ Le Meridien property. Common areas were quite nice, but my sheets were unacceptably tatty and stained and the Air Con in my room wasn't sufficiently able to set room temperature. I had to leave my windows open most of the time, which would make this quite uncomfortable during the summer.

Given Marrakech is such an "in" city at the moment, it's really odd that Marriott is one of a short list of cities where I won't be staying at Marriott hotels when in town (along with Tokyo, for example).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Concluding my comments above, I stayed here for two nights over the weekend. While the core hard product is fine and I actually though the service was excellent, the owner has clearly been starving the hotel of operating capital and so in my view is not operating at the minimum required level of a Marriott/ Le Meridien property. Common areas were quite nice, but my sheets were unacceptably tatty and stained and the Air Con in my room wasn't sufficiently able to set room temperature. I had to leave my windows open most of the time, which would make this quite uncomfortable during the summer.

Given Marrakech is such an "in" city at the moment, it's really odd that Marriott is one of a short list of cities where I won't be staying at Marriott hotels when in town (along with Tokyo, for example).
There's a Marriott resort signed for Marrakech - a conversion of a 360+ room property due in 2020 - and a St. Regis due in 2024, but agreed re the weak current options. The Le Méridien has been getting ripped online for years about the shambolic state it's in, and management responses have been promising a major renovation for over a year. From what I gather, no work is physically taking place.

Shame. Hope they get pushed to get it together harder as Morocco would provide excellent design inspiration for what could be a fabulous Le Méridien.

khabah
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:25 am

Let’s hope that Marrakech’s moment in the sun is not going to be passing in 5 years then.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:26 pm

Let’s hope that Marrakech’s moment in the sun is not going to be passing in 5 years then.
I’m not sure I have a lot of hope in that pipeline materializing... there have on and off promises of a W in Marrakesh and it turned out as nothing.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K

I was here for one night last week, and agree with your assessment of the property. (Thankfully my sheets weren't stained!) The AC blew, but not cold air. The temperature during the day was in the 80's, but thankfully I was on the side of the hotel which did not get the sun in the afternoon, so my room was only stuffy and not insufferable. I had to open my window to make it slightly less uncomfortable. The room was very shabby. I was with a group tour, on a group rate which included breakfast -- but since I've dropped to Gold the breakfast would not have been a benefit, anyway.

If I ever get back to Marrakech, I would not stay here again.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:51 am

I was there two months ago, it was stay on points and everything was superb (from service to upgrade and room funcionality). Maybe the problem with your stay was indirect booking?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by HRSPGPutnik
I was there two months ago, it was stay on points and everything was superb (from service to upgrade and room funcionality). Maybe the problem with your stay was indirect booking?
Unlikely, as I booked with cash on Marriott.com
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by HRSPGPutnik
It's very possible. Since I was with a group, they probably gave us the worst rooms. We were only there one night. My father (Titanium) had contacted this hotel and the Marriott in Fes prior to our stay, but never head anything back. He did not bother asking for a room upgrade. His room was down the hall, and was identical to mine with non-working AC and a similarly shabby interior. I (as a UA Rewards Plus Gold) would not have even contemplated asking.

They did give him a 4PM checkout, though. I was on an optional day trip, so I had to check out after breakfast (which was really good, by the way).
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:21 pm

Breakfast was indeed quite interesting, with lots of local dishes. But nothing comparing to the offer that was at the Sheraton in Casablanca - perfection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.