Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently in the post corona virus / covid era.
I really enjoyed my stay.
My notes :

--At the time of my visit (late July 2020) it seemed like the hotel was operating just as in the pre virus era. Apart from the plastic divider screens at reception everything else seemed normal. Got a nice upgrade to a junior suite corner room
-Breakfast is being served on the top floor as always and it's a FULL BUFFET with common serving thongs and common serving spoons. Was slightly surprised, but it was not the first hotel in Austria where I saw a full buffet being offered. (The other was an accor hotels property in another Austrian city)
-The indoor and outdoor swimming pools were both open.
-Windows in all rooms can be opened which is always appreciated.
-The restaurant on the top floor is also open. While choices are a bit limited, the food is really excellent and portions are large. I was given probably the biggest "wiener schnitzel" (traditional austrian veal cutlet) I ever had in all of Austria. Enough for 2 people and a child.
-The balcony on the top floor is open and you can walk around almost 360 degrees. Fantastic mountain views and on some sides you can see right over into Swizterland as the border is only 5km away.
-Parking garage in the hotel costs 10 euro per day. You cannot park at the shopping mall across the road after evening closing hours. They will apparently tow your car away after dark, so it's for day use only.

General notes:

-This hotel is only 5km from the border to Swizterland, and the hotel and all the businesses in the whole area around it cater to thousands of swiss residents who cross the border each week to go shopping, get fuel for their cars and/or stay in a nice hotel at the weekend, all at cheaper prices in Austria. There is an enormous supermarket just opposite he hotel called "Interspar" together with a shopping mall. On the other side of the street is a "Burger King" and 2 gas/petrol stations.

-Refueling your car is much cheaper in Austria than in the neighbouring countries of Swizterland, Italy or Germany, so I strongly reccomend getting gas/petrol before you leave Austria, if you are heading to ( or coming from) any of these 3 countries.

-Important tip for car drivers. In December 2019 the Austrian government designated some short sections of the motorways/highways as totally free so you do NOT have to buy a "vignette" (Highway tax sticker). This includes the A14 highway from Lindau in Germany / Horbranz in Austria all the way to "Hohenems" in Austria including free use of the Pfander-tunnel. This means you can travel in your car from the German border to this hotel (and back) using the motorway/highway without paying anything. However if you go further south in Austria than "Hohenems" on the highway you have to pay.

More info on free use of motorways in Austria here:

https://www.asfinag.at/toll/vignette/

jpdx and escape4 like this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Aug 4, 2020 at 4:07 am
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Any recent stays here?
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have a say booked here in two weeks. Will report back.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Fantastic stay here again. Felt like pre-covid times, service was amazing from check-in to bar.
Got upgraded to a junior suite and even a handwritten note and small amenity (some Mozart Kugels) in the room.
Breakfast was great as always, a normal full buffet, only letdown is the terrible coffee out of the WMF machines, but those seem to be an issue throughout Austrian/German hotels :-(.

Covid wise it all felt quite relaxing. I felt safe the entire time. They ask for proof of test/vaccination at check-in, cannot check in without it. The EU green pass worked fine, then no need for masks etc in the hotel.
Same went for most restaurants in Austria, just a quick scan of your EU greenpass QR code is needed. Much more relaxt than in Germany for example.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:21 am

Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by thomas199023

thanks for this review! Is the spa open? Is there anything to do in the city?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
I think the spa is open, but am not totally sure. I did see people walking around in bathrobes in the elevator area. Best to email the hotel I think.
I did not go into Dornbirn this trip, but did go to Bregenz. Restaurants and bars are open like normal.
Also apparently there is a beautiful hike with waterfalls quite near Dornbirn. I will have to check it out on a next stay: https://g.page/Rappenlochschlucht?share
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
The spa was open when I was there end of June, so I'd suppose it still is open (pretty awesome area by the way).
thomas199023 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.