Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Left Marriott, Dec. 2018) Hotel Des Indes, The Hague, Netherlands, LC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wobbly wings
Hotel leaving Marriott
The hotel will leave Marriott on 10 December 2018.

Construction Detours

Due to construction, there are currently multiple street closures and detours obstructing direct access to the hotel. Please expect and plan for travel delays accordingly. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

(Left Marriott, Dec. 2018) Hotel Des Indes, The Hague, Netherlands, LC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
I received an email the hotel will leave Marriott on 10 December. This is a shame and a loss for Marriott. It was a great hotel. I was told none of my Platinum benefits will apply for the stay and no points/nights will be awarded for a stay since that is after the Hotel leaves the chain.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wow, that's a shame. This was one of my favorites and I often used it instead of going into Amsterdam when I had a close to 24 hour connection at AMS.

Is it migrating to a different chain or going the independent route?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
I received an email the hotel will leave Marriott on 10 December. This is a shame and a loss for Marriott. It was a great hotel. I was told none of my Platinum benefits will apply for the stay and no points/nights will be awarded for a stay since that is after the Hotel leaves the chain.
That's unfortunate. Sounds like it was a great hotel. Obviously you can still stay there, just giving up the points/bennies. If you still want points/bennies, then see if the Marriott has availability. Obviously not the same calibre, but you'd earn night/points credit & exec lounge is open.

Cheers.
wobbly wings likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wow, that's a shame. This was one of my favorites and I often used it instead of going into Amsterdam when I had a close to 24 hour connection at AMS.

Is it migrating to a different chain or going the independent route?
Indeed. Me too. I asked - I will post the answer here if they reply.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Decidedly a loss. I still remember fondly my stay there a few years ago.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
R I P. I stayed here a number of times and IIRC had one of their (really one large room) junior suites every time from theircheapest available base room, and all were different. I used SNAs for longer stays but just chanced it for a Plat upgrade on my one night stands here between flights. Breakfast was amazing, including Champagne every morning I believe. They also had a good restaurant for dinner. The hotel is especially pretty during the holiday season, with extensive elegant decorations.

Does it still have the smoking room and cigar club hidden near the front desk? I remember the area being renovated into a business center, but then I think it was moved across the hallway near the front door to the corner room, which I guess had been a sitting room or library.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:02 am

Truly, truly sad. Tried to make a reservation at Des Indes online for January using points. Nothing available even paying rate into July 2019. After much waiting on the phone instead, the reservation agent informs me that it no longer is part of the Luxury Collection/Marriott. No date given as to when it came off only to learn about it on this forum. Why not then post it on the Marriott reservation site? What a mess the merger of Starwood and Marriott systems has been.

This hotel has a special place in my heart: that is where we had our wedding reception some 35 years ago. Have been going there regularly for years. Still the Grand Dame of hotels in The Hague. Not flashy, bit stuffy (even after the renovation some 10 years ago) but like a old old worn shoe, comfortable. Still the best hotel in town. Can't beat the location.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
I hope it will go to Accor
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Rather it goes to IHG or Hilton.. Really liked this hotel and the only reason I have ever been to The Hague.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Going independent and joining Leading Hotels of the World on December 11th upon formal termination of their contract with Marriott. Source: https://www.hospitality-management.n...lusieve-hotels

khabah
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Oh man, I am really bummed out. I am checking in there for a 3 week stay later this week, and it would have been a bunch of points. Oh well, I do enjoy staying there. tls
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Really liked this hotel and the only reason I have ever been to The Hague.
Me too! Worth the trip.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:54 pm

This was my favorite way to do an overnight connection at AMS. The style of the place made it fun and logistically it was easy with frequent direct train service and the ability to walk (assuming not too much luggage) between train station and hotel.

OTOH I remember the squirmishes with only a few of their tiny single rooms being available for points and their quite upgrades being junior suites which were slightly larger room that perhaps had a sitting area and/or larger and more luxurious bathroom. IME rooms/upgrade pool suites were highly variable. Great breakfast buffet including sparkling wine and good hotel restaurant, although it seemed formal unless one ate in the bar.

RIP, I loved my stays here.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Yes, a lot of the rooms are small. Still the place is really classy, and the breakfast is amazing. And I love the Argentine restaurant on the street right behind the hotel. Tls
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:12 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Glad I got in a stay here before I left. I really liked this hotel and am sad to just learn about its departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.