FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/606824-st-regis-san-francisco-master-thread.html)

SanDiego1K Jul 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by persian316 (Post 12136795)
Does anyone know the occupancy policy for the St. Regis? Is it a maximum of 2 guests per room? are they really strict about this rule? could i get away with having 3 individuals in one room?

Welcome to FlyerTalk! I just tried booking 3 people in a room and the website allowed me to do so. It shows rooms with 2 double beds as available.

peteropny Jul 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by persian316 (Post 12136795)
Does anyone know the occupancy policy for the St. Regis? Is it a maximum of 2 guests per room? are they really strict about this rule? could i get away with having 3 individuals in one room?

We had 3 in one room with 2 beds over Memorial Day wknd.

ThorHermes Aug 4, 2009 6:38 am

I recently spent three nights at St Regis with my partner. What a great stay. I took advantage of the weeknight promotion but was still upgraded to a corner suite.On arrival there is an immediate sense of peace and quality .We took advantage of the room service which was excellent. I love the sense of maturity of the St Regis brand. One example of this is fact that their pool and gym are always both open 24/7. It gives a true sense of a home away from home experience.

I was wandering how St Regis compares with the W up the street.

Thanks St Regis.

aCavalierInCoach Aug 4, 2009 9:01 am

Originally Posted by ThorHermes (Post 12171957)
I recently spent three nights at St Regis with my partner. What a great stay. I took advantage of the weeknight promotion but was still upgraded to a corner suite.On arrival there is an immediate sense of peace and quality .We took advantage of the room service which was excellent. I love the sense of maturity of the St Regis brand. One example of this is fact that their pool and gym are always both open 24/7. It gives a true sense of a home away from home experience.

Thanks St Regis.

Won't stay at the St. Regis for a couple weeks, but can tell you that the W is... very W. Feels like you're in a night club in the lobby and lounge, and the rooms are very, well, modern. I think my corner room had three budda's in it :D .. Guess the W brand just isn't quite me. The hotel itself is nice though, staff was so-so.

chanp Aug 4, 2009 9:47 am

Originally Posted by ThorHermes (Post 12171957)

Thanks St Regis.

If I had to choose, I'd do the St Regis first then the W. You can always walk over for a drink or food.

dhammer53 Aug 4, 2009 11:44 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how the SR treats preferred plus members this Saturday. ;)

dhammer53 Aug 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 12124325)

There is a computer on the 3rd floor where you can print out boarding cards for free.

Worth repeating. ^
After dinner on Saturday night, I was able to use the computer without interruption.

Originally Posted by AlxStevens (Post 11953288)

I especially enjoyed the smart room control device on the bedside that controlled the lights, drapes and temperature as well as serving as the clock and phone.

Very cool, and easy to use.

Arrived last Saturday at 10:00am. My room wasn't ready. i asked if it would be possible to get a room on a high floor with a view. ;) The front desk said that the hotel was sold out, and my free night reservation was for a lower floor....'but I'll see what I can do'.

Checked in later in the day to room 1515. ;)

After inspecting the room, I wondered where the closet was. Trust me when I say you'll find it. :D

Comfortable bed. The best pillow I've slept on in a long time. ^
A hugh walk-in shower with sitting area. Showerhead is a waterfalls type.
The leather (type) walls in the separated toilet area were unusual.

This room had to be at least 350' ft. 2 bottles of Evian water in the room. And one last classy thing, the hotel uses Spiegelau water glasses bedside. ^

dh

Nachoman Aug 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Also stayed there this past weekend, maybe I passed by you in the lobby. Stayed in a Superior level guest room which was quite comfortable. I actually liked the giant opening window that allowed you view the bed area from the bathroom, let me keep an eye on our toddler while we were getting ready for a wedding. The room was available for an early checkin which was nice. Didn't use the hotel ammenities all that much though. Parked in the MOMA lot just down the alley which saved 20 bucks a night for parking.

MaximusDamon Aug 14, 2009 10:27 am

Blocking Free Weekend Nights??

I can't help feeling this property is blocking free weekend night award usage through the end of the promo (end Sept). Is that even possible?

I keep trying to use my last 2 free nights and that room category is not available until the first weekend in October (after the promo ends). I've been trying for several weeks already to find weekend availability (ANY weekend before end Sep) and there's nothing.

I could believe that they really are booked up for the Superior Room category all through September, but the reason it seems strange to me is that they're selling a higher category room for less money on weekends through the end of September, than the Superior Rooms first weekend in October. :confused:

Sep 4-6
Superior Room - Not Available
Deluxe Room - $295

Oct 2-4
Superior Room - $327

boifromtroy Aug 14, 2009 10:34 am

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon (Post 12225910)
I can't help feeling this property is blocking free weekend night award usage through the end of the promo (end Sept). Is that even possible?

...I could believe that they really are booked up for the Superior Room category all through September, but the reason it seems strange to me is that they're selling a higher category room for less money on weekends through the end of September, than the Superior Rooms first weekend in October. :confused:

Sep 4-6
Superior Room - Not Available
Deluxe Room - $295

Oct 2-4
Superior Room - $327

I was able to get the SR for next Sunday night. Saturdays, however, do seem booked up.

October 2-4 is the USC Weekender, so a bunch of parents who can spend $40k+++ a year to send their kids to college are coming to the Bay Area and all the Starwood Properties in San Francisco are charging significantly more that weekend... St. Francis is the official hotel with a group rate of $225, for example.

SanDiego1K Aug 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon (Post 12225910)

Honestly, I doubt it. It is a beautiful property, and a highly desirable place to use our free nights. I expect it has been booked out by those who made their stay decisions earlier.

mahasamatman Aug 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 12226633)
I expect it has been booked out by those who made their stay decisions earlier.

We're there tomorrow and Sunday.

sdcarver Aug 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 12226724)

I will be there Sep. 11-13.

sdcarver

MaximusDamon Aug 14, 2009 3:04 pm

well at least i know who is taking up the room space! ;)

chanp Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 12226724)

Ill be at the SR SF as well tomm., checking out sunday