FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/606824-st-regis-san-francisco-master-thread.html)

ac/elite Aug 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53 (Post 12210298)
This room had to be at least 350' ft. 2 bottles of Evian water in the room. And one last classy thing, the hotel uses Spiegelau water glasses bedside. ^

dh

I was there last weekend too - arrived Friday for two free weekend nights on the promo. One thing you didn't mention was the great chocolate bar which they left in the room each evening.

NDDomer86 Aug 15, 2009 3:01 am

Originally Posted by boifromtroy (Post 12225935)
I was able to get the SR for next Sunday night. Saturdays, however, do seem booked up.

October 2-4 is the USC Weekender, so a bunch of parents who can spend $40k+++ a year to send their kids to college are coming to the Bay Area and all the Starwood Properties in San Francisco are charging significantly more that weekend... St. Francis is the official hotel with a group rate of $225, for example.

Right, this has nothing to do with the fact it's considered a pretty big game and that raises room rates, it's definitely because University of Spoiled Children will be in town ;) (I say this in jest as it costs $40k+/year to send an out of state student to Cal as well).

Alas, one of those $40k+/years will bring about the fall of Troy on October 17 :p.

Unfortunately the hotels in Berkeley and the East Bay aren't exactly the creme de la creme so with the easy access from across the water, SF rates rise with large events at Cal. If only a small town in Northern Indiana had such options available.

boifromtroy Aug 15, 2009 7:56 am

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05 (Post 12229305)
Unfortunately the hotels in Berkeley and the East Bay aren't exactly the creme de la creme so with the easy access from across the water, SF rates rise with large events at Cal. If only a small town in Northern Indiana had such options available.

They do have such options... It is called Chicago!

Now, back on topic, I will report back on my stay at the St Regis SF next week.

IsleTraveller Aug 15, 2009 8:57 am

I am staying here next week with Mrs IsleTraveller to celebrate a milestone wedding anniversary using a free weekend night .... I am hoping that as a P, I would get some sort of an upgrade. :D

mahasamatman Aug 15, 2009 9:22 am

Our stay for this weekend has disappeared from spg.com and it doesn't recognize our confirmation number. I hope that's not a bad sign...

mahasamatman Aug 17, 2009 9:49 am

Just finished a pleasant stay here this weekend. Nice high floor (15th) with a view of the Bay Bridge. I was disasppointed not to get the chocolate, but re-reading this thread, I guess that's only for Platinums.

AZ Travels the World Aug 17, 2009 10:25 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 12238055)
Just finished a leasant stay here. . .

Is that good?

gabo02 Aug 17, 2009 10:29 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World (Post 12238200)
Is that good?

I think he meant pleasant...

AZ Travels the World Aug 17, 2009 10:37 am

Originally Posted by gabo02 (Post 12238222)

Ah! That makes more sense.

I even went so far as to look up 'leasant.' Didn't consider that a letter was missing. Thanks. :)

mahasamatman Aug 17, 2009 11:42 am

Originally Posted by gabo02 (Post 12238222)

Fixed. Thanks.

gnp001 Aug 17, 2009 7:22 pm

I have a funny story about this hotel!

I think this hotel is great! I brought my wife here when we first started dating about 4 years ago and thought I'd upgrade to this hotel to show off a little to her! We checked in and she was in awe at the cars parked outside and how cool the lobby was and I felt like king turd of poop island as we walked to the elevator! We waited for the elevator and the door opened.................. out of the elevator came out two older gentleman in leather chaps, a leather vest and a very small pair of underwear on!!! Turns out there was an S&M festival in SF that week! We still laugh about that story!

But the hotel was great, I was very entertained by the electronics in the room like the remote control blinds and lights! Very cool place, very well located, great location for a ball game, within a decent walk of the park!

chanp Aug 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Got done with a weekend stay. Got there, upgraded from standard room to deluxe. I check on my BB before we entered the hotel and knew there were Astor suites avail. Upon check in, said they dont have any. I showed the lady my phone saying that you do. She said ok, I have a smoking AS avail. I said sure Ill take it. Then the girl next to her said something to her and now, they dont have one anymore. I get up to my room and call spg. They ring the hotel and then got a AS. It was such a hassle, still showed Astor suites avail all night on their system. Good hotel, Ive stayed there before, but if I were going to use another night, Im going back to the W next door.

MikeBOS Aug 17, 2009 7:43 pm

I was disasppointed not to get the chocolate, but re-reading this thread, I guess that's only for Platinums.

IMHO, you didn't miss much. It's milk chocolate with either crisped rice or nuts, really not any better than a Nestle Crunch or other standard candy bar. It is only for Platinums but at this point most of the time I don't even open it. I would much prefer the 500 points if they offered it (or a fruit plate, or fruit and cheese, or even beer and popcorn).

chanp Aug 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by MikeBOS (Post 12240890)
IMHO, you didn't miss much. It's milk chocolate with either crisped rice or nuts, really not any better than a Nestle Crunch or other standard candy bar. It is only for Platinums but at this point most of the time I don't even open it. I would much prefer the 500 points if they offered it (or a fruit plate, or fruit and cheese, or even beer and popcorn).

+1. It did taste like a nestle crunch bar lol.

slomback Aug 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Just finished a pleasant stay here this weekend. Nice high floor (15th) with a view of the Bay Bridge. I was disasppointed not to get the chocolate, but re-reading this thread, I guess that's only for Platinums.

You can have mine. It's aged. It has been sitting here on my desk for almost a month.

I did enjoy the 5 mini bottles of Evian they left next to the bed.

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/s...cker/photo.jpg