Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Taipei, Zhonghe, New Taipei City, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

NOTES
New Bathtub installation works till August 31, 2016.

PLATINUM BENEFITS (correct as of June 2016)
  • Upgrade to Deluxe Room if available (there are only 2 Suites at this property so not likely to get upgraded to them)
  • Free Mini-bar refilled daily (1 bottle of water, 2 softdrinks, 1 Taiwan beer)
  • Free Hot Steam patches (to keep warm during winter months)
Print Wikipost

Four Points by Sheraton Taipei, Zhonghe, New Taipei City, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2004, 11:27 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Stayed at the FP this past october as the GM there used to be at the Westin before he opened the Four Points. Its in the suburbs, but taxi is like 5 min from Ching An station. If you have luggage take the taxi. I have some $$$ off coupons for the FP, they are yours if you pvt e-mail me. The hotel has internet access, Wi-Fi hotel wide. Nice F&B ... bar and light fare on the first floor. Had breakfast with the GM in the morning and it was quite a spread.

As I was able to get a suite upgrade using points at the Westin, I'd stay there again vs the FP if I could get the upgrade.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL 1K, QF, SPG-G, HILTON
Taipei 4 points [Master Thread]

I just spent the weekend at the 4 Points and I can not stress how happy I was to be looked after in this hotel.

They have to be the most warmest, helpful and kindest staff at any hotel I have visited. Everyone was so helpful and courteous.

A special thanks to the duty manager Lisa Hung and Ray.

I am most appreciative of the hospitality of this hotel.

Thank you Sheraton for a great job

Regards,
Tailfirst
Old Aug 22, 2006, 1:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by tailfirst
I just spent the weekend at the 4 Points and I can not stress how happy I was to be looked after in this hotel.

They have to be the most warmest, helpful and kindest staff at any hotel I have visited. Everyone was so helpful and courteous.
Agreed. This hotel is my home away from home. Even though it is a bit out of the way, it makes up for it with the excellent service.

The one difficulty if you cannot speak Chinese is getting to this hotel. You tell the taxi 4 Points Sheraton, they ALWAYS take you to the Taipei Sheraton....
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:12 am

How far away is this hotel anyway? Let's say as a point of reference, from Taipei CKS Airport? And, in which direction?

What about from this hotel to Taipei 101?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:22 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
How far away is this hotel anyway? Let's say as a point of reference, from Taipei CKS Airport? And, in which direction?

What about from this hotel to Taipei 101?
4 Point is not in Taipei downtown, but not too far.
Taxi from 4 point to 101 is about NT$250, which is about USD$8.
Getting from airport to 4 point is $$$$ if you take Taxi, but I have no idea how much it is.
If you want to ask Taxi driver to 4 point, tell him "CHUNG HO FU PON" instead if Taipei 4 point Sheraton. Thus the driver will not confused.!
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by yuchung5
If you want to ask Taxi driver to 4 point, tell him "CHUNG HO FU PON" instead if Taipei 4 point Sheraton. Thus the driver will not confused.!
Just make sure you have your tones right!!!! or the driver will just look at you until you inevitabily say "sheraton" and off you go to Taipei.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by Taiwaned
Just make sure you have your tones right!!!! or the driver will just look at you until you inevitabily say "sheraton" and off you go to Taipei.

Best way if possible, is have the address written in Chinese, most Taxi drivers in Taipei CITY will not know that hotel or what street it is located so best have address, then they can find it easier. The hotel is in Taipei County, not city, but distance wsie not far from Taipei city line. There is also a MRT subway line not far from the hotel (10 min walk maybe?), which sometimes is faster if traffic is bad.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 9:56 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Travel tip - when travelling in a foreign country where I do not speak the language, I always copy/paste the address into a translation program and then print it out so that I have a "written" copy to hand the taxi driver.

Once arrived in the city I take a card from the hotel each time and hand it to the taxi driver for where I want to go (plus it helps ME REMEMBER where I am going! )
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA AA HGP SPG HH
Originally Posted by ldsant
Travel tip - when travelling in a foreign country where I do not speak the language, I always copy/paste the address into a translation program and then print it out so that I have a "written" copy to hand the taxi driver.
I never find any English to Han language program that work for addresses. But a printout of this map should work.

http://www.fourpoints.com.tw/map.htm
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:29 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Impressed "Service in Advance" from Four Points By Sheraton Chung Ho, Taipei

I planed a stay in Four Points By Sheraton Chung Ho, Taipei and booked a room on SPG website. However, I found a cheaper rate in other website so just send a Best Rate Guarantee claim form to SPG and it did approved this application. Original rate is about USD$150 per night but competing rate is about USD$132 in Superior room.

After this Best Rate Guarantee claim has been approved, I received a new confirmation letter form SPG and mentioned that room type upgraded to Deluxe room included breakfast.

I tried to send a email to local hotel's reservation department and request I preferred in King bed and early check-in. Next day I received an email reply from Ms. Emily Lee in reservation department and mentioned that they arranged Deluxe room with one king bed in hight floor with nice view, and also arranged early check-in at 6am, late check-out to 6pm benefits for me cause I am SPG Platinum member.

It's the first time I received a reply from hotel to confirm the early check-in/late check-out/room upgrade benefits in advance.

This early morning I confirmed my flight schedule and seems like I have to early check-out the hotel in 5.30am to catch my flight from Taipei to Osaka. I made a call to the hotel front desk and check the breakfast serving time in the restaurant. Hotel staff said buffet breakfast will starting from 6.30am and I said I might have to give up my breakfast cause I have to catch my flight in early morning at 5.30am.

"No problem, Sir. Just kindly advise of this case at time of check-in, we will prepare a breakfast box included some sandwiches and fresh fruits. You can enjoy your breakfast on the way to airport at your convenience."

^ I'd like to commend the Four Points By Sheraton Chung Ho, Taipei. It did provide a excellent service even you have not become a real "in-house guest". Maybe I received some benefits cause I am a SPG Platinum member, but I have to commended the service regarding the "breakfast box", it really touched me even it just costs about 5 bucks for hotel.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:42 pm

It is our regular hotel when we are in Taipei.

Be forewarned though that it is far away from downtown. It in the suburbs of Taipei. It is a good 20 minute taxi ride to downtown or a short taxi ride to the MRT. It is not a tourist area you are staying in.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:35 am

I considered this hotel when I was planning a trip to Taiwan. I was put off by the location though.

After reading your experience I probably stay there on my next trip.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:33 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
With negative threads often getting so many replies, I just wanted to let this hotel know that this has been read and noted. ^ Thanks to the OP for the feedback.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Smile

Just received an email from hotel's Senior Director to explain the BRG case:

Dear Mr. MattTaiwan,

Greeting from Four Points by Sheraton Chung Ho, Taipei.

As the best rate guarantee claim from Starwood Corporate Customer Service, I would like to explain rate on fastbooking is quite different with other website due to the some regulations requested such as only local resident with the ID card can use the rate with the limited availability. I believe NT$3,700+10%+5% is the best rate that we offer on the Starwood website.

Of course, if you don't mind that I would like to issue a NT$500 meal allowance to thank you for the explanation. Please kindly feel free to contact me if you have any question in the future.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Terence Lin
SENIOR Director
Four Points by Sheraton Chung Ho, Taipei
^What else could I said?

After I posted this thread, I sent a compliment to SPG's customer care department and forward it to Four Points by Sheraton Chung Ho. Again, I received an email reply from hotel's Senior Director and advsied that he forward the compliment to the hotel's general manager.

Don't be stingy with your praise, I think it's a kind of positive attitude to cheer someone if they really try to do the best for you.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
How much is the taxi ride from the Four Points to the MRT station? I'm thinking of staying here for a 2-night stay, mainly just to do a little shopping and sight seeing side-trip.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.