Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando Airport Sheraton Suites [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This hotel is in serious need of renovation. The rooms are outdated and felt unclean since there were stains on the walls and carpet. I stayed two nights and had to go to the front desk 3 times to get my key reactivated. The front desk staff said the keys get de-activated easily since they are cheap.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Is there a lounge or do they give breakfast coupons for Platinums?

I only need a one night stay for a flight the next morning so not too concerned if the rooms aren't 10/10 but breakfast for the kids is always nice, and easier.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I was given breakfast coupons for their buffet but I think it was because I was on a corporate rate that included breakfast versus being platinum.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
i stayed here a couple of months ago on a Hotwire bid. I would not pay full price here unless it was really cheap. The decor is a bit dark. I found the parking lot to be dark. The layout is nice, but the suite was not as clean as I have seen reported on here. I found a jolly rancher stuck to the floor in the closet. It was pretty obvious.....

Priceline or Hotwire for one night is ok. There are much better options. PL would be the Marriott... If paying rate, go for the Embassy Suites.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Is there a lounge or do they give breakfast coupons for Platinums?
No lounge and no free breakfast for Plats. Only positive aspect, they participate in the 1000 points promo.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Originally Posted by FD1971
No lounge and no free breakfast for Plats. Only positive aspect, they participate in the 1000 points promo.
I did get Plat breakfast coupons for a recent stay in November (on a AAA rate that did not include breakfast), but I had to ask for them.

Lots of service issues with the stay, but the manager was responsive. In addition, the ventilation system in the room was really dusty - allergy sufferers beware!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:52 pm

Just completed a stay at this hotel.

Check in was OK but I had to ask for the internet code and breakfast cert that was part of my corporate rate. Shuttle was available to take guests to area restaurants which was nice. The food on premises was quite poor and the prices weren't very good. The "daily special" grouper was awful and the breakfast buffet was stale and had lots of gnats flying around the stations. The room was layout was nice (and they actually had HD channels on the flat screen) but all the carpets in the room and hallways were filthy. My corporate rate at the Spring Hill is significantly cheaper. I think I will stay st the Spring Hill in the future as the breakfast buffet is nice and the hotel is spotless. This is a hotel that makes me sad that I am so vested in the Starwood brand (SLC downtown Sheraton also falls in this category).
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I guess some things never change... I last stayed there in 2004 and it sounds like the same 'ol same 'ol rundown place.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:53 am

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC
Arguably the worst Starwood I have ever stayed in

Hi All;

I had an early morning flight out of MCO the other day, so I checked out of the Westin Imagine (Gorgeous place) and into the SS for one night.

Arguably the worst decision I have made this year; the place is grimy, dark, old & generally run down; if I had to pick just one word to describe it, it would be 'Shabby' (and not in a 'Shabby Chic' way).

No in room safes & the safe behind the check in has containers just about large enough to hold a passport & some tickets.

I got the breakfast coupon & wandered down at around 7am, there were 3 other folks there; as I went to the buffet & picked up a plate, it felt grimy & the guy next to me said 'They are all like that'. I chose a few more & realised that he was correct, all of them seemed to have some encrusted food residue which made the surface of the plates feel matt in some areas. So I declined the plate & just took a muffin & ate it on top of my unfolded napkin.

There are not enough guns in Texas to make me stay there, ever again; this hotel doesn't require a refurb, it requires an air strike.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:36 pm

This property once charged me thousands of dollars on my credit card for somebody else's stay (I was there overnight on a PC reservation because my flight got cancelled after an incoming bird strike). For weeks they refused to return my phone calls or address my issue. I finally had to get SPG Corporate involved to resolve it. Even though I received 20,000 bonus points for my aggravation, I would never stay here again.

Cheers,
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
I just completed a stay at the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport last night. Upon walking in I thought that while it did look a bit worn out and in need of a refresh it didn't seem that bad. That is until I as I was getting ready to jump into bed and noticed a spot on the carpet moving. Got up closer and noticed that I had an unannounced visitor of the bug kind: http://twitpic.com/78p7os

After promptly killing it, I decided I would just tell the front desk in the morning. I wanted to do nothing more than sleep since I had a 6am MCO-ATL flight to catch and it was already 1030p. When I got down to the lobby at 430a there was no one around. I know there are very limited staff on property at those kinds of hours, but if one is going to gone for an extended period then how about putting up a "will return" sign or something? I stood there for 5 minutes and tried to calling out to the back office areas, but there must have been no one back there. I wound up just leaving my key on the counter and hoped that my folio was correct.

Suppossedly the hotel is going to contact me in the next few days. Not sure what that will do since I'm not necessarily seeking compensation, so I guess we'll see what happens.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
Just stayed there and definitely no breakfast certificates anymore - at least the front desk agent insisted so - which is kind of a bummer because after a dozen stays when my early morning flight made the certificates moot, when I finally had a 10:25 flight that would permit me to sit down and have the breakfast, they stopped offering them. A quick trip to nearby publix for some cereal and milk the night before, just as I have done all those times when I left too early for the restaurant, and I was fine.

Otherwise, always upgraded to the larger balcony ground floor rooms, stay always meets my expectations for an overnight prior to a morning flight home.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
nah

My 2nd stay at this hotel.
I stayed 1 night about a year ago, didn't think much of the place then but at least as a platinum I got breakfast

One night stay earlier this week;
Musty damp smell pervades the corridors to the rooms, pool closed, gym closed.
I took the "breakfast buffet" instead of Platinum points amenity.
it was a mistake, the breakfast is a sad offering. Even the ants that so enthusiastically scurried around the food last year have moved-on

The room was clean and well equipped, and I slept well.
I doubt that I will return though.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC *E, SPG Plat, Hertz

Stayed three nights.

Property: older, but room was fine

Area: in the middle of a cluster of airport hotels, about 5 mins from the airport. Closest chain restaurant is a Hooters and a Dennys. There are more options across the highway, about a 15 minute walk away

Plat upgrade: got a preferred room which faces the courtyard / pool

Food: No club lounge, and the 13.99 breakfast is a sad affair. Restaurant/bar was dead all the nights I was there

Gym / pool: smallest sheraton gym I've seen in a while, but it does have the life fitness cable and pull up station (a great piece of equipment). No flat bench however.

Pool was nice, well heated even in the outdoor part

Overall, not a great property, but livable if you have business in the area I guess
Old May 28, 2013, 11:08 am
war

Programs: united lifetime gold aa ex plat starwood plat
one of sheraton's worst properties....got to be a thread for this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.