Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Hotel email address:
lemeridien dot kualalumpur at lemeridien dot com
reservations dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com
supervisor dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com

General Manager email address:
michael dot delargy at lemeridien dot com

LAUNDRY (FEB 29 2020)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I would have to completely disagree Mario. I've been here all week and I have stayed here many times. The housekeeping is exceptional. I don't know too many other hotels that have senior staff come by every night after turn down service to double check that everything is OK.

I got a special suite this time, the only Sauna suite in the hotel. One of the owners is a Japanese gentleman who wanted a sauna in his suite while he had long extended stay during the opening. And to this day it is the only sauna suite in the hotel!

Free internet in the room is a great benefit!

One other neat thing here is that every Wednesday (as far as I can tell) they have a pool networking party and all Platinum guests (and other VIP's) are invited. It's been going on since the hotel opened.

I've stayed at 6 or 7 different hotels in KL over the years, and the LM is definitely my current favorite. All these benefits and I'm paying less than 400RM! I haven't seen any rate increase?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
All these benefits and I'm paying less than 400RM! I haven't seen any rate increase?

Room rates: It used to be priced around MYR200 when it first open, and once they even had a MYR160 promotion with 1 free ERL ticket thrown in. I am surprised you havent seen any rate increase despite regularly staying in KL hotels "over the years"

No doubt room rates has gone up in KL during the last 2-3 years (averaging 30%), but rates at the LM has gone up by more than twice/thrice the average increase. It used to be sold at a substantial discount to Sheraton Imperial, but now rates are quite similar and sometimes even higher. Do note that it was originally a Cat 1, then Cat 2 and now Cat3; how could a hotel jump 2 categories if the rates have not gone up

Housekeeping : the suite I got last weekend had a very strong odour in the bedroom (which didnt go away even after it had been sprayed). Carpet in the living area was also quite badly stained for a relatively new hotel. The alarm clock went off by itself at mid-night. Some toiletries in the toilet were missing/mispositioned when I first entered the room, which didnt give me any confidence. I wouldnt call all these "exceptional" housekeeping.

While I dont doubt that you have had good experiences as a regular guest, the purpose of this forum is not about special treatments accorded to regular guests ....
Old Mar 14, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mario33

While I dont doubt that you have had good experiences as a regular guest, the purpose of this forum is not about special treatments accorded to regular guests ....
I don't know about that. I think these forums are about all kinds of travel experiences even for those of us with lowly gold or no status who are unlikely to find ourselves in a suite.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Thanks for the great report, kluau88 ^
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Great little report kluau88 ^ ^

Anyhow I was in Kuala Lumpur this past weekend and decided to stay at the Le Meridien mainly in part due to the LM promo.
Could someone tell me more about this LM promo? I never get news of any promos from SPG...
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:41 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by notsosmart
Great little report kluau88 ^ ^

Could someone tell me more about this LM promo? I never get news of any promos from SPG...
7 LM Stays by 3/31 and get 4 free nights worldwide at any LM! There are no category restriction so you can redeem in Bora Bora and Seychelles both of which are Category 7. Free nights need to be used by 3/31/2009.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764182
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by kluau88
7 LM Stays by 3/31 and get 4 free nights worldwide at any LM! There are no category restriction so you can redeem in Bora Bora and Seychelles both of which are Category 7. Free nights need to be used by 3/31/2009.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764182
Damn. That's a good one. Too bad I'm not going anywhere until 3/29... I could probably hit 7 LMs in April.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:33 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I stayed at the LM KUL for 2 nights in Jan and loved the stay. Exactly as Kluau88 described. The pool was great until the rain but it was great watching the Thunder/Lighting Storm from the Club Room over drinks on the 33rd floor. Transportation was very easy and loved the city and the hotel. I would definitely stay there again!

Dave
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:03 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by newself
The pool was great until the rain but it was great watching the Thunder/Lighting Storm from the Club Room over drinks on the 33rd floor.
Dave
Saw a similar show!
Old Mar 15, 2008, 2:46 am

Thanks for the intresting trip report.

I Have to agree that there has been a big increase in room rates in KL. I too remember when the LM was around RM170.00. The Sheraton Subang is more than that now.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Housekeeping : the suite I got last weekend had a very strong odour in the bedroom (which didnt go away even after it had been sprayed). Carpet in the living area was also quite badly stained for a relatively new hotel. The alarm clock went off by itself at mid-night. Some toiletries in the toilet were missing/mispositioned when I first entered the room, which didnt give me any confidence. I wouldnt call all these "exceptional" housekeeping.

I guess you and I had polar opposite experiences, which means for the first-timers they are going to need to try it for themselves to see. It's the best way anyways. And like aussinsf said, it's good to report all levels of experience.

I'm in the Club now having a drink and watching the storms roll by.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 4:34 am
Suspended

I'm in the Club now having a drink and watching the storms roll by.
Any yummy stuff in the lounge this evening ?
I am always disappointed with food offerings in the LM lounge during cocktail hrs, Hilton next door is much better.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any yummy stuff in the lounge this evening ?
I am always disappointed with food offerings in the LM lounge during cocktail hrs, Hilton next door is much better.
Yes! Every night something different. I don't like all the dishes, but there is always at least one thing I really like. Same for breakfast.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:23 pm
iwc

I got a special suite this time, the only Sauna suite in the hotel. One of the owners is a Japanese gentleman who wanted a sauna in his suite while he had long extended stay during the opening. And to this day it is the only sauna suite in the hotel!
I have had the suite with the Sauna a couple of times. I didn't realize there was just one and i never had to ask. Overall, I concur that that LM KL is great due to ease of using KLIA Express however Hotel Imperial (and Hilton KL) have better lounge offerings.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 2:09 am

There's a starpicks promo at LM KL this and next weekend. RM304/night. Applicable for checkins on 27-29 Mar, 3-5 Apr. Excellent if you need to complete the 7 stays for the LM promo

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...lanName=WHOTA2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.