Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa (was Cabo San Lucas) Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
This property was the Westin Cabo San Lucas, which closed following hurricane damage in 2016 and reopened as the Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa in April 2017.
Print Wikipost

The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa (was Cabo San Lucas) Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:12 pm

We are staying here for a long weekend in a couple of weeks. We are renting a car at the airport from Cactus. Our flight gets in at 7:50 so we will be driving after sunset and this is the first time we are doing this. (We usually shuttle in to the corridor). Does anyone know if WAZE or GOOGLE maps works from the airport to the corridor? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR PP, SPG PLAT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by G37driver
We are staying here for a long weekend in a couple of weeks. We are renting a car at the airport from Cactus. Our flight gets in at 7:50 so we will be driving after sunset and this is the first time we are doing this. (We usually shuttle in to the corridor). Does anyone know if WAZE or GOOGLE maps works from the airport to the corridor? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Google works well here; recommended you download the offline maps prior to your arrival to the area.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:13 am

Great Thank you!!!

I will submit a review when we get back.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR PP, SPG PLAT, HH DIA
Exclamation

Currently staying at the resort on one of the previously mentioned timeshare deals ($199 for 4 nights). Presentation is 2 hours (mine was 3 to get an understanding of all available offers before ultimately declining, for those interested in taking the deal PM me for details).

First Impressions: The resort is well maintained and the staff is courteous, egar to help all around. Check-in was somewhat easy with a cold towel and fruit juice upon arriving. Parking is $10/night for valet or you can park for free in the dirt lot below the resort (its about a 7min walk to the front desk from there).

SPG Platinum Recognition: Breakfast coupons given (continental breakfast) and late checkout offered. No other recognition.

Note: Any purchases made on the property (including the concierge) will asses charges in MXP with an unfavorable exchange rate (19 to 1) when using an Amex. You can either dispute the charges after they posted provided you can provide the original price in dollars or use a Visa if you want to be charged in dollars. I found this to be the case in most of Cabo.

Room: The rooms have good finishes and all have views to the Sea of Cortez (The West Tower has the better views as the other tower is blocked by a timeshare development). I was on the top floor near the elevators in a studio. This contains a kitchenette with bar with seating for 3 all electric appliances and a small fridge (the studio apartment variety). There is also a king bed with lamps on each nightstand and a queen pullout sofabed. There are a plethora of outlets (usb and regular) and a small angled balcony with a table, two chairs and outlets. The closet is in the hallway adjacent to the stacked washer dryer (with complementary detergent). The bathroom has the Westin Rain shower with nozzle and vanity mirror and white tea amenities.

Notable Issues: My SO was upset that the room did not have a full length mirror. "This renovation was not designed by a woman."

The door for the room has a delay in the lock engaging after closing the door, if you are not there to have the lock engage, it is possible the door will unlock and stay ajar.

Additionally I noticed that several rooms had paper stuffed in the doorjam; the combination of the two was highly suspicious and I altered the front desk and SPG to the issue. Something to be aware of in all hotel situations.
bizum likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:48 pm

Any recent updates regarding this property? When I'm booking online it specifically mentions the following

"As a villa resort, we are unable to offer select SPG® elite member benefits, including upgrades, Suite Night Awards, 4pm late checkouts, and Your24. In addition, due to limited restaurants, bars, and room service, some elite welcome amenities are not available."

Not really looking to take advantage of any elite benefits except for 4pm checkout...but seems like it's hit or miss?

Is the timeshare offer still available?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by emofeng

Not really looking to take advantage of any elite benefits except for 4pm checkout...but seems like it's hit or miss?
Unless it is off-season, you'll be expected to depart at 10:00 a.m. Even owners are subjected to that policy unless they are 5-Star Elite with VSN which provides for a 12:00 noon check-out.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hey all! I just booked a timeshare deal for my wife and I in December. It was $299 for 5,000 SPG (15,000 Marriott - I asked her to confirm that they would transfer appropriately) points and 4 nights of lodging. The woman on the phone told me my platinum benefits would not be recognized. I told her I was not sure that was allowed... I don't care that much about an upgrade, but I saw one post earlier that said as platinum they still got free breakfast. Can anyone else confirm?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hey all! I just booked a timeshare deal for my wife and I in December. It was $299 for 5,000 SPG (15,000 Marriott - I asked her to confirm that they would transfer appropriately) points and 4 nights of lodging. The woman on the phone told me my platinum benefits would not be recognized. I told her I was not sure that was allowed... I don't care that much about an upgrade, but I saw one post earlier that said as platinum they still got free breakfast. Can anyone else confirm?
Was your timeshare deal booked through Vistana Signature Experiences? If so, then you will be considered a timeshare guest and your Plat benefits will not be honored.

If your timeshare deal was booked through Starwood, then I would expect the Plat benefits to be honored unless the T&C of the timeshare offer states otherwise.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Has anyone stayed here recently? Hows the breakfast? Most other Marriott/SPG Hotels say "Continental" but in reality provide a very nice and full breakfast buffet.
Is it the same experience here as well?
How are the restaurants onside? Does anyone have menus of the same?
How is Public Transportation from this hotel? Can we take a bus?
Lastly, how much is the cost of Taxi from SJD Airport to the hotel and back? Any recommendations?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I have not stayed here but just got the same letter. $299 for 4 nights, 5 days including 15,000 starwood preferred points (not sure what that means since it will be Marriott tomorrow) or a $75 credit at the spa, dinning or for activities. 90 minute presentation that both my spouse and I have to attend and its clear in the T&Cs that your Marriott/Starwood status will not be recognized.

Seems like a decent deal
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, UAL, Hyatt, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Has anyone stayed here recently? Hows the breakfast? Most other Marriott/SPG Hotels say "Continental" but in reality provide a very nice and full breakfast buffet.
Is it the same experience here as well?
How are the restaurants onside? Does anyone have menus of the same?
How is Public Transportation from this hotel? Can we take a bus?
Lastly, how much is the cost of Taxi from SJD Airport to the hotel and back? Any recommendations?
Wanted to follow up on the same and see if anyone had any info on this hotel as well.

Haven't gotten the timeshare offer but found what seems like a very solid rate of $360 per night for a two bedroom villa (incl breakfast for 2) over President's Day weekend (the short flight to Cabo from LAX and a true two bedroom setup is so amazing with our toddler in tow).

Since I'll just be a Gold next year not sure I even care about the restrictions on status benefits...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Gold
1 Bedroom Baja Point Villa layout

Booked a 1 bedroom Baja Point unit that states there is a sofa bed but the pictures don't show an obvious sofa bed and the Vistana layout diagrams definitely don't show a sofa bed. Where is the sofa bed located in these units? In the main living area?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by tschwartz
Booked a 1 bedroom Baja Point unit that states there is a sofa bed but the pictures don't show an obvious sofa bed and the Vistana layout diagrams definitely don't show a sofa bed. Where is the sofa bed located in these units? In the main living area?
You might be better served floating this question over on TUGBBS. The Vistana website is quite clear that the 1-bedroom has a sleeping capacity of 2 while the Marriott website shows 4.

The posters on the Vistana forum on TUGBBS will be quite familiar with the actual layout and whether what appears to be a sectional sofa is actually a sleeper sofa.
Da5id likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Titanium at Marriott & Platinum at American (both Lifetime) + various others
Its been well over a year since any posts here. Just looking at www.marriott.com, it looks a reasonable proposition, but does anyone have a recent guest experience, including of how they treat Bonvoy Elites? Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:32 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Any recent stays here? Would love to know how they are handling covid precautions and if they still offer free breakfast for Plats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.