Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, Italy, CLOSED for renovation Aug '18[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Closing 10/1/18 for renovation.
Print Wikipost

Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, Italy, CLOSED for renovation Aug '18[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 4:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum American, Starwood, Hhonors
Most beautiful room ever? 206 in Venice, my vote

On a recent trip to Venice, we stayed at the Westin Europa and Regina, Room 206. It fronts the grand canal with a full balcony (padded for comfort as you lean over to watch the parade of gondoliers). There's a huge, beautiful chandelier and the room connects with room 205, which we rented also.

I've been lucky enough to stay in some great places in my lifetime, but this room with the view and balcony had to be one of the best.

Let's hear it for room 206!!! What was your favorite?
Old May 30, 2006, 5:55 pm

I don't remember the room number we had. It was a suite upgrade on an award stay. It was on the top of the back building. It faced the canal but not directly, which was wonderful because it was quiet but we still could see the canal and had a great view of Santa Maria de la Salutte and beyond. We had a big balcony with a table, chairs and lounge chairs. We absolutly loved it up there!
Old May 30, 2006, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

flying fool, I agree that there is nothing better than the view of the Grand Canal from your own private terrace. A couple of years ago we rented this apartment for 2 weeks. It was one of the greatest experiences of our lives. We loved seeing the Canal so quiet in the still of the night and watch it come to life in the morning. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in VCE.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 5:53 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by flying fool
On a recent trip to Venice, we stayed at the Westin Europa and Regina, Room 206. It fronts the grand canal with a full balcony (padded for comfort as you lean over to watch the parade of gondoliers). There's a huge, beautiful chandelier and the room connects with room 205, which we rented also.

I've been lucky enough to stay in some great places in my lifetime, but this room with the view and balcony had to be one of the best.

Let's hear it for room 206!!! What was your favorite?
I read this post and thought.. hmm.. I stayed at this hotel and had an awesome room, so let me check the room number... after checking I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.. the best room I've ever had was Room 306 (one floor above yours )
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:56 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
While perhaps not the most beautiful 'room/suite' I've ever had, I certainly can't complain about the view from my window at the E & R ... (attached are some pics, the first 7 are of the E & R, the last of my room with a side view of the canal at the Gritti). As a Plat, I was upgraded from very cheapo rates for a one night stay at each last year.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...b&x=1&y=2biw2e
Old Jun 6, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CPwingwalker
Remember of course that the Hemingway and the Doge's suite are specialty and not in upgrade inventory unless they run into unusual situations.

Enjoy your stay!
Is the "original" hotel the Regina wing or the Europa part of the hotel?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:51 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum American, Starwood, Hhonors
Originally Posted by mauld
While perhaps not the most beautiful 'room/suite' I've ever had, I certainly can't complain about the view from my window at the E & R ... (attached are some pics, the first 7 are of the E & R, the last of my room with a side view of the canal at the Gritti). As a Plat, I was upgraded from very cheapo rates for a one night stay at each last year.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...b&x=1&y=2biw2e
Great photos. I see that they didn't have the red pads on the balcony of the second floor in your photos, or the flags in front. I was most impressed, as you can see, with those goofy pads. If I ever have a home with a balcony overlooking a body of water, you can be sure I'll get some!!
Old Aug 9, 2006, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Europa & Regina - am I shooting myself in the foot

All - I have 2 rooms booked in late August at the Europa & Regina in Venice. I see that my reservation has been tagged to 'reqst connecting/children in 2nd room'.

Any guidance on whether this helps/hurts my chances for a Platinum upgrade? Fact of the matter is we don't need a connecting room whatsoever, as the young ones have a nanny to look after them. Perhaps all the rooms in the hotel connect? Perhaps the only connecting rooms look out over a dumpster?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Safe travels - Jamie
Old Aug 9, 2006, 8:24 am

Stayed this past June with a similar 2-room request (except my two kids are teens).

Arrived around noonish by water taxi from the train station and checked in. I was using points, and with the platinum upgrade we were treated to a beautiful suite with a largish sitting room with king bed.... and a second room which connected with two beds. These were two separate room numbers, but with the connecting door unlocked, the effect was a large 2-br suite. It was set back from the Grand Canal (Regina section?), but the windows opened upon it.

It was a terrific experience, and I believe they really took care of us. Of course, nothing was guaranteed beforehand, and so we were fully prepared for standard rooms.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
I read this post and thought.. hmm.. I stayed at this hotel and had an awesome room, so let me check the room number... after checking I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.. the best room I've ever had was Room 306 (one floor above yours )
Sorry, my vote at the E&R goes to room 673, the highest number in the entire hotel. One week award stay last week, upgraded to this Terrace Suite - the terrace itself wrapped around, had 2 sofas, 5 chairs and a table. Private elevator to the 7th floor, from which 671, 672 and 673 are accessed. Hands down the best SPG upgrade I've ever got.

Jamie
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
...my vote at the E&R goes to room 673, the highest number in the entire hotel. - the terrace itself wrapped around, had 2 sofas, 5 chairs and a table. Private elevator to the 7th floor, from which 671, 672 and 673 are accessed. Jamie
We were also given this extraordinary room for a couple of nights during our stay in June, it's got unbelievable views out over the city in all directions. It certainly made our short stay in Venice even more romantic!

I think the top floor suite we had at the Bristol in Vienna may have been even more spectacular, though. Beautifully decorated, nice appointments including a secluded little terrace overlooking the Opera House, cozy octagonal bedroom - all in, an equally remarkable upgrade.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:23 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Smile

Does anyone know of any other instant awards? I e-mailed the hotel 3 times, but still no answer. I have been sending an e-mail once every 2 weeks, so six weeks and no answer.

I am going to the hotel for 5 nights for my honeymoon in May.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Timo
Old Feb 25, 2007, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I cannot remember any awards other than the breakfast, which probably was 3k for two. That was well worth it when compared against the price in Euros.

The other awards probably were not worth it in my book, that is why I cannot remember what they were.

If you really want to know, maybe just call the hotel directly. It is surprising that they are not responding to emails, but that is why I like to call, it is harder to ignore a person on the phone.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Cattle Class
All,

I'm staying in westin regina in august for 2 nights using points and my flight arrives pretty late ~9pm. What's the quickest way to get from airport (marco polo) to the hotel?

I read from the westin website that I can reserve a water taxi through them, is this necessary? (and how much is that?)

Also, who had recently stayed there? Any feedbacks?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by ConsultantA
All,

I'm staying in westin regina in august for 2 nights using points and my flight arrives pretty late ~9pm. What's the quickest way to get from airport (marco polo) to the hotel?

I read from the westin website that I can reserve a water taxi through them, is this necessary? (and how much is that?)
I haven't stayed in this hotel, but in general the fastest way to/from the airport is the water taxi. It costs roughly 100 euros (last time it was 90 arriving and 100 departing). You can follow the signs to it on arrival, though be aware that it's a bit of a walk, probably 1/4 mile or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.