Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by acnev
I was trying to book this hotel for 1 night in June but it looks like they have a minimum of 5 nights. I'll pass and find something else close by.
You can still book, but you have to call SPG.

I am puzzled how his minimum stay rule sits with the Platinum availability guarantee, and why there is even a need for it given the property is probably not even close to fully occupied.
Originally Posted by holtju2
Personally I wouldn't spend 5 nights in Limassol (or in the island for that matter).
It is a resort hotel. Its attraction has little to do with the merits of Limassol or Cyprus.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
You can still book, but you have to call SPG.
Actually, even SPG was not able to help me with this. I was trying to book this before it went up in Category and SPG could not book it for me due to the 5 night rule they seem to have in place.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:06 am

In addition, I encountered some bizarre minor service issues...

- There are no irons or ironing boards available in the room or on request from housekeeping because of "safety reasons". We were told to use a wall-mounted mini-iron in the laundry room on the ground floor but it did not work. Even in a Four Points I can press a shirt so I don't see why this should be an issue in a Category 5 hotel.
I think this is a Cyprus-wide fire safety law.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
Le Meridien Limassol Cyprus

Hi All !

Some impressions about Le Meridien Limassol - Cyprus ?

Some recent stay ?

I'm going to reserve to the 1st week of September.

Thanks

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 19, 2008 at 8:46 am Reason: Moved into master thread without edit
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:26 am

I stayed there with my wife & kids around 6(?) years ago in July/August. I believe it's been refurbished and moved more upmarket since then but we haven't been back to it's difficult to be specific about what it's like now.

From what I remember, it's a decent hotel with good facilities, as long as you want to stay on site. Good pool, tennis courts, activities for the kids etc and a relaxing place to spend the day. Rooms were OK but nothing special - although, as I said, I think the hotel has been refurbished since we were there.

If you like to go out in the evenings to different restaurants etc outside the hotel, then this probably isn't the place for you as it's quite remote with not a great deal around you.

Sorry I can't remember anything else specific about the place.

Now if I lived in Northern Italy, I'd be looking to go to Sicily rather than Cyprus. We spent a marvellous week on the North coast last July and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Try and get the top floor...

..as the floors are hardwood and when any furniture gets moved..dragged its loud. Decent beach...decent pool...if b'fast is included (it was for me as a plat) dont go to the main b'fast area but theres another one down by the pool...way less crowded. This is a nice property...the concierge sent us to nice local restaurant up the mountain. rent a car and see the island..lots of ruins.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
From my vist there last year:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...s-to-alitalia/

Lovely property, excellent platinum recognition, there was this huge bowl (practically bottomless) of chocolates in the room...
Old Jun 19, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
Thanks gleff !

Some gold upgrade to report recently ?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:45 am
Community Director Emerita

I've moved luftbgy's request for information into the master thread. ajamieson has an extensive report from his March stay, where he got no recognition of his platinum status. More reports would be most welcome.

SanDiego1K
Starwood Moderator
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by HomerJ
..b'fast is included (it was for me as a plat)
Breakfast is included for everyone. It is not a platinum-related benefit.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
We spent just over a week here with out 18 month old in tow at the end of the summer and very much enjoyed it.

WARNING: This is a family resort. Why anyone without kids would want to stay here is beyond me!

Platinum benefits

Plat recognition on a paid stay was a great upgrade to an Enalia sea view studio suite.

Other plat stuff included a bottle of wine and a small fruit bowl. We also received a 1 litre bottle of water each day - not sure if this was a status or room based benefit.

Room

We thought initially this was a little remote from the rest of the resort but actually is perfectly located as the west end of the resort, in a block of 5 suites in front of the adults only Royal Spa wing of the hotel. Our room was within a couple of minutes walking distance of the beach, pools, restaurants and the all important supervised kids areas - Penguin Village.

Furniture was basic but comfortable (bed was closer to queen than king). Separate living area with a pull out sofa bed, dining table with 4 chairs etc. Bedroom could be completely closed off which allowed us to chill out in the evening in the sitting area while our son slept in his crib in the bedroom.

Large bathroom with jacuzzi bath and separate shower. Tons of Elemis toiletries - random mixture of 50ml and 100ml sizes.

Other nice touches included an infant robe a slippers!

SPA

Wow. We spent a half day here. Not cheap but excellent service from clearly very experienced staff. Thai massage nearly killed me.

One word of warning; when using the outdoor series of graduated saline pools make sure you don't have any nicks, cuts or chaffing. Ouch....

Entertainment

We were there primarily to relax so did not make much use of the entertainment. There are nightly shows, discos etc. for the kids - thankfully on the opposite site of the resort from our room. There is also a games area, football pitch and tennis courts, table tennis and an indoor bowling alley (we were given vouchers for a couple of free games; alley is also free between 15:00 - 16:00 each day)

Food

Others have mentioned the good breakfast buffet which is free for all.

There are several evening dining options including a generic buffet beside the main pool which we tried to avoid.

Of the other restaurants the best of the bunch were: (both of these are outdoors)
- Vieux Village (Cypriot): Great service and decent food
- Kojima (Japanese): Very good food and a little more refined

There were a couple of indoor restaurants in the main hotel which I think were closed

Kids stuff

We had booked our 18 month-old into the Penguin village for a couple of hours each day. This is a gated, fenced off area of the resort with an outdoor play ground and pool for older children and a smaller fenced outdoor & indoor play area/crèche for infants and toddlers.

Have to say the staff there were fantastic.

Cost was €9 per hour.

Babysitting is also available for €9 per hour plus a fixed transport fee (€17 I think)

Pools and beach

There are five pools of various depths including one salt water pool. The best of the bunch for us was the Quiet Zone pool (right beside the Royal Spa wing). No under 16s allowed and also the most interesting pool set up; both the deepest and with multiple rock archways and alcoves.

Beyond this we used the shallow kids pool which was fine for testing water wings!

The beach is a quite small and a little rocky but has both a very shallow slope and a couple of protected crescents so again very kid friendly.

Gripes

1: Too many cats!

Staff mentioned that there had been a bit of a population explosion this summer and expected something to be done before next season....

2: The Enalia Seafood Restaurant

Good location overlooking the sea but.... appalling service, dreadful food and shockingly bad value for money. It is so out of keeping with the rest of the resort I am amazed the restaurant manager still has a job. Enough said.

Overall

Just what the doctor ordered!

-- Dambus
Old Sep 24, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
As a childless couple we didnt mind it at all..

...the place is big enuf and the adults only b'fast at the pool were great..honestly...there were lots of kidz but they didnt bug as as the property was big enuf we could get away..i liked the property.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 3:57 am

Same here, the pair of us enjoyed the place. We knew it was a resort and that it would be full of families but, as Dambus noted, there are plenty of quiet areas and the shallow kids' pool is away from the best rooms. It is actually a lot more adult-friendly than similar resorts such as the Sheraton Costa Adeje Tenerife and you're only a cab-ride away from the flesh-pots of Limassol Although it seems Dambus was luckier in actually getting some kind of Platinum recognition here - there was certainly no bottled water, fruit or room upgrade for me

Agree about the stray cats - and the other little critters on the grass!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:16 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by HomerJ
...the place is big enuf and the adults only b'fast at the pool were great..honestly...there were lots of kidz but they didnt bug as as the property was big enuf we could get away..i liked the property.
Same here, the pair of us enjoyed the place. We knew it was a resort and that it would be full of families but, as Dambus noted, there are plenty of quiet areas and the shallow kids' pool is away from the best rooms. It is actually a lot more adult-friendly than similar resorts such as the Sheraton Costa Adeje Tenerife and you're only a cab-ride away from the flesh-pots of Limassol
Fair enough. Feeling guilty now.....

Our experience may have been tainted by one particularly LOUD 10-year old only child who seemed to enjoy sitting at the table next to us for dinner...

Although it seems Dambus was luckier in actually getting some kind of Platinum recognition here - there was certainly no bottled water, fruit or room upgrade for me
Sorry to hear that. We may have been helped by the fact that I booked a taxi transfer through the hotel a few days prior to arrival. I ended up speaking to in-house reservations to make the booking (very friendly and helpful by the way). While on the phone the person I was dealing with mentioned that she had spotted the plat status on my reservation and processed the upgrade there and then. ^
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:35 am

We stayed recently (end March) at this property and I can add a few comments.

Our rate did not include breakfast, which was as well since they stopped serving at about 10.

As Gold, we were upgraded to a larger sea-view room and there was water, wine and a fruit bowl in the room. No problem with late check-out.

The restaurants were expensive, and it seemed that many guests were on a half or full board plan. The lunch buffet, for example, was €33. Dinner was €45 or so. The à la carte items for lunch were more reasonable, and the servings were large. We tried the Japanese restaurant and found it just ok. Some things were good (the tempura was well-prepared) and some were not ("udon" that was linguine), but the shrimp tempura was almost €35. Miso soup was €7.

There was WiFi in the room, but we had trouble connecting. The ethernet connection worked well, but the jack for the cable was next to the bed and the long cable barely stretched to the desk.

Overall, the room was quite nice and comfortable. The toiletries were very good (sorry, I don't remember the name) and came in big bottles. The grounds are pretty and well-maintained. The airconditioning is blocked at 18°C, however.

The staff, mostly from outside of Cyprus, was uniformly helpful and pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.