Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Great stay here on Friday night. Was using up a free night from a promo last year. They managed what I can only describe as the perfect Plat check-in (starting with an UG showing online the day before on spg). Quick and efficient at the separate desk. Amenity dealt with, asked if I wanted a 4pm checkout. Choice of paper for Saturday (was able to get the Guardian). Club lounge access offered and described. Walked to elevator (not necessary but nice touch).
Had room 211, older furnishings but a huge suite, with enormous living room and big flat screen TV, dining table for 6. Large bedroom with great bed. Two full bathrooms.
Drinks and evening snacks in lounge very nice. Friendly attendant. Not too busy. Nice selection of tapas and excellent serrano ham and good breads. Help yourself to spirits etc.
Continental breakfast also good with nice cold choice.

Location of this hotel is great.

Another excellent LM stay. I am starting to like them more and more.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
One other point, I've really noticed that the staff attentiveness level has really risen at this property. Not sure what's going on, but all staff from valet to check-in to housekeeping have really been going above and beyond to give the personal experience.

To be honest, this is why I'm starting to shift a number of my stays to the LM as opposed to the Sheraton Park Tower. At the LM I have 1) a good shot at an upgrade, 2) the renovated rooms aren't really that far off of the SPT and 3) the staff as described above, lately at the SPT it feels as though the staff are put off nearly every time they talk to me; god forbid if I ask if an upgraded room is available.

Anyway, keep up the good work LM and you're just going to find that you'll be getting more of my business.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by vandalby
To be honest, this is why I'm starting to shift a number of my stays to the LM as opposed to the Sheraton Park Tower. At the LM I have 1) a good shot at an upgrade, 2) the renovated rooms aren't really that far off of the SPT and 3) the staff as described above, lately at the SPT it feels as though the staff are put off nearly every time they talk to me; god forbid if I ask if an upgraded room is available.
This is very interesting for me to hear, as I mostly stay at Park Tower when I'm in London, mainly due to accessibility to the Piccadilly Line (and of course it's better than the standard room at Park Lane which are just so tired-looking) - I usually find it very difficult to catch a taxi from Royal Opera House after ballet/opera, so I consider accessibility of Piccadilly Line to be essential, which LM have of course.

I think I should switch to LM once I hit platinum.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
This is very interesting for me to hear, as I mostly stay at Park Tower when I'm in London, mainly due to accessibility to the Piccadilly Line (and of course it's better than the standard room at Park Lane which are just so tired-looking) - I usually find it very difficult to catch a taxi from Royal Opera House after ballet/opera, so I consider accessibility of Piccadilly Line to be essential, which LM have of course.

I think I should switch to LM once I hit platinum.
Agreed that the Park Lane, between the deplorable rooms and that it's smack in the middle between two Tube stations, is a bad option when staying in London.

With the LM, it really is about finding a way onto a renovated floor; I do want to stress that the unrenovated floors are very shabby. As mentioned in a previous post, it's like two different hotels in one.

The LM is right on top of the Piccadilly tube stop, which I like as both the Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines run through, so it's pretty good for both East-West and North-South travel.

Yes, you will need to deal with throngs of tourists during the evenings which can make for slow going, although is no worse than the throngs of tourists you have to wade through in front of Harrod's if you're at the SPT.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by vandalby
With the LM, it really is about finding a way onto a renovated floor; I do want to stress that the unrenovated floors are very shabby.
When I stayed at LM earlier this year, I was lucky enough to get the renovated room, although I was not aware how lucky I was at the time as I tend to prefer the traditional décor (but not 'tired looking' ones).

I was not very impressed with the partial shower screen over the bath which let too much shower water escape to the floor though.

In some ways I prefer the location of Park Tower to LM due to its proximity to Harvey Nichols and Harrods (it means I can just drop my shopping off and go straight back out), but all the rooms look identical to me, even the so-called 'executive rooms' so it is getting a little boring for me.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite
I stayed at LM a week ago and as Platinum rec'd upgrade to huge suite... but it was one of the nastiest smelling and tired hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Like there had been a huge cigar party there the night before or something. Plus very poor sound insulation in the "living room" part of the suite.... bedroom was ok. Heat/AC was also very old and seemingly spewed spores all over the room.. Oh, and they asked what I wanted as my platinum amenity (wine) then gave me something entirely different (yogurt, dried apricots, and nuts). I didn't have the energy to fight it.

Not sure I would stay again based on this experience. Encouraging to hear there are better rooms, but I hate having to do battle to ensure a good room.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSP2SEA
I stayed at LM a week ago and as Platinum rec'd upgrade to huge suite... but it was one of the nastiest smelling and tired hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Like there had been a huge cigar party there the night before or something. Plus very poor sound insulation in the "living room" part of the suite.... bedroom was ok. Heat/AC was also very old and seemingly spewed spores all over the room.. Oh, and they asked what I wanted as my platinum amenity (wine) then gave me something entirely different (yogurt, dried apricots, and nuts). I didn't have the energy to fight it.

Not sure I would stay again based on this experience. Encouraging to hear there are better rooms, but I hate having to do battle to ensure a good room.
It's too bad that this property hasn't done a consistent top to bottom renovation. Given some of the amenities (e.g. pool), the club lounge, some of the room layouts that are enormous by London standards, and location, they really could have a property that owns the competition.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:38 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Has anyone had a C&P stay here? I've searched a lot of dates without seeing any and wonder if they participate at all...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Had a stay here first week of April. As a gold, I was upgraded to a huge Junior Suite (that smelled and I had problems to adjust the water temperature in the shower) on third floor. Paid 60 pounds to get Club Benefits (two pressings, lounge access and free wifi).
Old May 13, 2009, 7:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Had a stay here first week of April. As a gold, I was upgraded to a huge Junior Suite (that smelled and I had problems to adjust the water temperature in the shower) on third floor. Paid 60 pounds to get Club Benefits (two pressings, lounge access and free wifi).
After reading all of the reviews on this property. I don't know what to think and a little bit worried.

I'm sure there are some people just with a very high standard of comfort but this is my first time going to London and many of the reviews here kinda scare me. Is there another Starwood with a good location, treats plats well and has a bathroom in the same room ... ?

I'm used to Asian hiltons / starwoods (hilton BJ, Conrad HK, Le Royal M SH etc) though I've stayed at a doubletree in Tulsa, Oklahoma before so my standards really aren't that high. I'm just hoping that this hotel beats like a Hilton Garden Inn in Denver?

It doesn't have to be high class / chic - but I just don't want any issues. I want good lighting, a comfortable bed, a working thermostat and a quiet room ... that's about it? Also - bathroom in the same room is important ... ?
Old May 13, 2009, 7:25 am
Suspended

Forget about Platinum treatment, what you want is a hotel room with decent furnitures which even the "renovated" rooms at the LM cannot provide. This has got to be the most worn hotel room I have stayed at anywhere.

The Sheraton Park Towers however is at the other end of the scale. I found the rooms there to be one of the best in the Starwood chain. My stay was pre-Platinum but I was treated very well as Gold.
Old May 13, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Originally Posted by mario33
Forget about Platinum treatment, what you want is a hotel room with decent furnitures which even the "renovated" rooms at the LM cannot provide. This has got to be the most worn hotel room I have stayed at anywhere.

The Sheraton Park Towers however is at the other end of the scale. I found the rooms there to be one of the best in the Starwood chain. My stay was pre-Platinum but I was treated very well as Gold.
How is the location of the Sheraton Park Towers for someone that has never been to London?
Old May 13, 2009, 10:09 am

Programs: NW Platinum, United 1P, American Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, HH Gold
just stayed there. hated it. no one to even open the door for me as i walked out of the cab, same with the other 10 people struggling to get into the side door.

check-in took FOREVER, followed by a crappy room that was supposedly upgraded for me (a platinum member).

stay away.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
I just got home form a three night stay and had a good experience. I was upgraded to a two room suite with updated furniture and decent view. Staff was friendly and let me check-in at 7:00AM off of the red-eye on Monday. Additionally I had issue with getting a pacakage from the states and they went out of the way to track it down at UPS and get it to the hotel. The only complaint was the heating/cooling which like hte Park lane and Park Tower seemed to function on its own and would take direction from me! ALso the new lounge is very nice, you can get a decent breakfast and wine/apps at night for no cost as a Plat.
Old May 15, 2009, 11:58 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I just had a less-than-spectacular one night stay here. I did email the GM about the shortcomings and he promised some staff retraining, but the review is what is it.... Lots of pics of a Jr Suite inside. Le Meridien Piccadilly review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.