Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien St. Julians, Malta (converting to a Marriott Oct 2018) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien St. Julians, Malta (converting to a Marriott Oct 2018) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Viks
Anybody knows what is happening with this property? No availability on any date.
It's closing as of Sept 30 (did you read the thread?), so if you're looking post then - it will be closed for refurbishment. I emailed the GM to check the exact closing date. Will report back when I hear back

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Aug 25, 2018 at 2:50 pm
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
No, I meant no availability on marriott.com on any date before Sept 30.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Viks
No, I meant no availability on marriott.com on any date before Sept 30.
I spoke with the fd - the hotel closes Oct 1. Perhaps email them re availability in Sept
[email protected]
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Thanks! Probably a glitch related to the merger, plenty of availability for this hotel on booking.com up to Sept 30.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:19 am
Community Director Emerita

This property can no longer be found on the Marriott website. I've seen it reported elsewhere that it has left the Marriott chain. Hopefully it is simply the issue of it closing for renovation and it will reopen at some future point.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This property can no longer be found on the Marriott website. I've seen it reported elsewhere that it has left the Marriott chain. Hopefully it is simply the issue of it closing for renovation and it will reopen at some future point.
Where did you see those reports? All the recent press I’ve seen has been about the Marriott conversion and how they’re closing to kick the renovations off.

Speaking of, I’ve seen the final plans and it’s a shame they’re ditching the Le Méridien brand for the more generic Marriott one, especially as the new designs are now in line with LM’s brand aesthetic. Bummer.

khabah
remymartin and Isochronous like this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was there a few weeks ago and spoke to them about it. They are reopening next summer as a Marriott.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I was there a few weeks ago and spoke to them about it. They are reopening next summer as a Marriott.
That's great to learn. A Marriott agent had told someone otherwise when she was unable to find availability to book.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I had a fantastic stay there last year and hope the new renovated version continues to provide a high level of service. I also found that the buffet breakfast was of a high standard for European breakfasts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.