Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:22 pm
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX

Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler
I stayed for two night. What a pleasant surprise. I would stay here again. VERY modern and upscale hotel. I have stayed at many LAX hotels in the last couple of years and this is at the top.
I wrote a review on trip advisor for more info if you wish to read it.

I do think that the prices at this hotel are below other LAX airport hotels and the property is superior. It is not like the mega hotels such as the Hilton, Marriott and Sheraton LAX, so it is more comfortable.

The GM Phil was very helpful with my reservation, as was Peter and the other front desk staff.

A great hotel, a great value and again, very nice facilities!

PS Be sure to request one of the newer rooms. Some rooms have yet to be renovated.
Only suggestion is to automatically provide Gold members with breakfast, as the other chains do.
Thanks! I'm really glad you had a nice stay. Phil
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler
Only suggestion is to automatically provide Gold members with breakfast, as the other chains do.
You really get breakfast automatically everywhere in the IHG family with Priority Club Gold??? You must be amazingly lucky! (Even those of us who are PC Plat tend to get breakfast only at a fraction of HI's, for example.)

The "term" Gold is not standardized between hotel programs. Hilton Gold and Marriott Gold are the second level up (they start at Silver), while SPG Gold and Priority Club Gold are only the first level up. You shouldn't expect perks of a second level up of one program necessarily in the first level up of another program, even if these different levels happen to have the same name.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:13 pm
Suspended

well the 4P was soldout so Im at the Sheraton

1- went onto the Preferred Line and you guessed it the rep was taking those in the reg line before me, so it just doesnt happen at the 4P

2- shuttle vans, 3 for the 4P and 3 for the Hilton and 4 for The Marriott passed by before the 1st 1 for The Sheraton came. And The Sheraton is much closer to the airport then the others

3- got the SOL no Upgrades and given a room that any further from the elevators and I wont need to take the shuttle to the term in the morn I could just jump out the window

My Pt is no Hotel runs flawlessly but at least Phil is on FT and will try and fix things that arent working right, alot more then the other Hotels
Old Jan 25, 2012, 6:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz

so Im at the Sheraton

1- went onto the Preferred Line and you guessed it the rep was taking those in the reg line before me, so it just doesnt happen at the 4P

2- shuttle vans, 3 for the 4P and 3 for the Hilton and 4 for The Marriott passed by before the 1st 1 for The Sheraton came. And The Sheraton is much closer to the airport then the others

3- got the SOL no Upgrades and given a room that any further from the elevators and I wont need to take the shuttle to the term in the morn I could just jump out the window
Doesn't this seem more like a review of the Sheraton LAX than the Four Points LAX (bolding mine)?

Last edited by JFKSFOLAX_friend; Jan 25, 2012 at 7:14 am
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Doesn't this seem more like a review of the Sheraton LAX than the Four Points LAX (bolding mine)?
my point was to simply let all those who were complaining about some Cons with The 4P that its not with The 4P alone. Nor am I saying since it occurs by other Hotels thats its AOK to occur with The 4P as well
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
my point was
I knew your point.

Perhaps you missed my " "?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
whatt?! FREE BREAKFAST for Plats.....count me in.. i will stay at this hotel more often
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by jammanxc
whatt?! FREE BREAKFAST for Plats.....count me in.. i will stay at this hotel more often
We're looking forward to having you.

BTW - From an earlier post - Fox Soccer Channel is now up and running in Brewster's along with Golf & Tennis.

Best,

Phil GM
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:21 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM

BTW - From an earlier post - Fox Soccer Channel is now up and running in Brewster's along with Golf & Tennis.

Best,

Phil GM
Hi Phil,

I am a very loyal Starwood Platinum member. I wish you all had the Flight Departure Channel on the TV in the guestroom. Sheraton Gateway has this, and I really like it. (Channel 14 lists all LAX departures).

By the way, do you get Channel 13 - "My Network TV" channel?

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM

Best,

Phil GM
Phil,

I will be staying at your hotel soon, but I have a question about the SBE PREFERRED CARD... is it possible to get credit for my hotel stay for both the SPG programs and the SBE Preferred program
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Stayed at four points lax last weekend, priority line for SPG gold and plat ignored... Seems one would be better served in regular line. I have another stay this weekend at the hotel, I will use the regular line to check in. Also, early check-in was not available last Friday around 1:00 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gizmodell
Stayed at four points lax last weekend, priority line for SPG gold and plat ignored... Seems one would be better served in regular line.
When I checked out last week (around 1 PM this past Saturday) both associates were working the regular line. The elite line was unattended.

Originally Posted by gizmodell
I have another stay this weekend at the hotel, I will use the regular line to check in.
Probably a good idea at this point.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by jammanxc
Phil,

I will be staying at your hotel soon, but I have a question about the SBE PREFERRED CARD... is it possible to get credit for my hotel stay for both the SPG programs and the SBE Preferred program
Great question...

Unfortunately you will have to choose one or the other. We can't give SBE points if there is an SPG # listed on the folio.

Best,

Phil
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
When I checked out last week (around 1 PM this past Saturday) both associates were working the regular line. The elite line was unattended.

Probably a good idea at this point.
It's been an area of focus. We are working on building new habits with FD staff.

Thanks!!!

Phil
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Hi Phil,

I am a very loyal Starwood Platinum member. I wish you all had the Flight Departure Channel on the TV in the guestroom. Sheraton Gateway has this, and I really like it. (Channel 14 lists all LAX departures).

By the way, do you get Channel 13 - "My Network TV" channel?

Thanks.
The Lodgenet line-up is a more difficult fix. You've got it on our radar screen now. It absolutely makes sense to have this info available real time.

Phil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.