Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Calgary - Sheraton Suite Eau Claire or Westin? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary - Sheraton Suite Eau Claire or Westin? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by sharkshooter
Does the Westin still have the Manager's Reception on Wednesdays?
I attended one last year and was blown away by the quality - and variety - of the food.

Not to be missed!

Cheers,
Old May 24, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
The Eau Claire used to have them as well (Wednesdays IIRC).

Singlepoint
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Would folks still take the Sheraton over the Westin? Can anyone compare either to the Hyatt Regency Calgary?

Cheers -
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Would folks still take the Sheraton over the Westin? Can anyone compare either to the Hyatt Regency Calgary?

Cheers -
At this point, between the Au Claire & Westin, I would go with the best rate.

As for Hyatt, sorry, I don't stay at Hyatt because they are hardly ever where I want to be.

Cheers,
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
I was debating between the Westin and the Sheraton Eau Clair for a stay last week, I settled on the Sheraton because it has a lounge (note that I have not stayed at the Westin). I enjoyed my stay, the lounge is very nice, impressive spread at breakfast and in the evening, the staff in the lounge were also very friendly and attentive.

My room seems a little on the old side, I think they are refurbishing and I had an older room, all said though it was fine. Living room / kitchen desk, separate bedroom and a sort of jack and jill bathroom accessible from both.

My only (very, very minor) grumbles are that they do not do the green choice program (although they said they plan to) and the bathroom was a little odd, pretty large room but the toilet is tight up to the bath and a good stretch from where the paper is! I'll stay there again when I'm in Calgary, it's on the +15 and I like to have a lounge when I travel. I cannot compare to the Westin but as I was advised there was no lounge I suspected it might be marginally nicer but I like coffee, a lot of coffee, so the lounge swung it for me.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ukchris
I was debating between the Westin and the Sheraton Eau Clair for a stay last week, I settled on the Sheraton because it has a lounge (note that I have not stayed at the Westin). I enjoyed my stay, the lounge is very nice, impressive spread at breakfast and in the evening, the staff in the lounge were also very friendly and attentive.

My room seems a little on the old side, I think they are refurbishing and I had an older room, all said though it was fine. Living room / kitchen desk, separate bedroom and a sort of jack and jill bathroom accessible from both.

My only (very, very minor) grumbles are that they do not do the green choice program (although they said they plan to) and the bathroom was a little odd, pretty large room but the toilet is tight up to the bath and a good stretch from where the paper is! I'll stay there again when I'm in Calgary, it's on the +15 and I like to have a lounge when I travel. I cannot compare to the Westin but as I was advised there was no lounge I suspected it might be marginally nicer but I like coffee, a lot of coffee, so the lounge swung it for me.
Do they still have afternoon nappies in the bar off the lobby? Seem to recall feasting on free raw oysters a couple times.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.