Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
funny - I was there for a week, until TUesday. Had NO complaints. I'm Platinum. The hotel was JAMMED. 3 different convention groups. Most of the above complaints appear to be digging really deep for something, probably based on the initial lack of an upgrade. Upgrades are based on availability at check in. Again, the hotel was FULL.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:55 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Well my facts speak for themselves. You do not need to dig here they are right in front of your face. We do have a upgrade to a king, non-smoke ocean front room which I should have mentioned. Glad your stay was more pleasant.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
I'm sure it's mentioned in other threads, but Moana Surfrider is my (and many other FTers') choice on Waikiki. I avoid the Sheraton Waikiki at all costs.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:04 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We picked up some friends earlier in the day. He opted for the Surf. Received a very nice upgrade without asking. We liked it so much we decided to eat at the property. They got the spend. Only downside. No gym. Have to use the Sheraton Waikiki's.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
. They got the spend. .
It all goes into the same pot...Same company owns 4 of the Starwood managed properties in Waikiki.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
We are staying at the Moana in August and are looking forward to it! Hopefully both rooms will be nice. One room is $$ and the other is points.

We'll see how they upgrade....
Old May 1, 2006, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Since I only stay in HNL for a night or two...

..on our way to Maui or Kuaui I have had great luck with the princess. Last time had a suite with both water and DH views...ok suite needed to be upgraded but hell for $130/night who's complaining...Ive had good luck with u/g's at this property.
Old May 1, 2006, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Waikiki = paradise? Uh?
Old May 1, 2006, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, UA 1P, Marriot Silver
just got back from a business trip and stayed at the sheraton one night. the staff was helpful, although a long wait to just get checked in. i did get upgraded to a beach view but my room had a moldy smell to it. either the restroom wasn't cleaned very well or something but not very impressed. if you need to be on the beach then its a good hotel. but if you don't want a hotel for the masses and rooms that are on the smallish side then look elsewhere or try the W.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: WN A+CP, UAL, Marriott LTPPE
I have spent 15 nights split between the PK ans Sheraton Waikiki
I get treated very well at both of the properties and get terrific uprades at both properties ( maybe because I am a "regular"). I typicaly pay around $140/night before taxes

The staff at both hotels are very friendly. The rooms I have been getting have been about average, but I have scored the remodeled 19th floor with the new heavenly bed a couple of times

Right now Iam in suite 2343 about twice the floor space of my first apartment
Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:55 am

Sheraton Waikiki RENOVATED ROOM report 6/29/2006

Preface: Flew into HNL for a couple nights. Trying to keep my wife on track to retain 1k. HNL always works for us.

Rate: I booked the annex for $140 online per night.

Transportation: We rented a car at HNL. Parking self is $10 per night at Hotel parking structure.

Check-in: On our last stay I made a contact at the Hotel. I e-mailed prior to our arrival and he confirmed us into a newly renovated room. Our room was known to us prior to arrival therefore.

Perks: Upgrade and amenity. Points picked.

Room: IMPORTANT STUFF. We have room on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor. The floor has been renovated but you can not tell unless you are in the rooms. I also believe no renovations have been done to the suites on any floor. We have a very good size room with a partial ocean view. You enter the room and immediately you are on newly laid tiles. The closet has the small sliding doors which also have a tile floor. The closet has a bank of shelves which you will need since there are little to no drawers. You have a small safe which will fit a small laptop. No power plug in safe. Iron board and iron in closet. You step into the room with a new thick weave carpet. Immediately you notice a standing lamp, wall with a wood shelf arrangement. On this wall are a couple of pictures and a Samsung flat panel tv. About 30 channels. On the outside wall you have their standard floor standing ac unit with thermostat above. Near this area is an uncomfortable chair and ottoman. We have a balconey with two chairs and a table to take in our partial ocean view. The side wall contains wood panels over most of the area. A light warm color. We have a desk which has a top made of the same stone as is in the bathroom. The desk has a lamp, power ports, clock and a swing out section which you can use for your laptop. The "chair" is a very uncomfortable carpeted cube with no back. So working in comfort was not the idea. The desk doubles as your side table. The bed is comfortable with four pillows. I assume sweet sleeper. On the otherside of the bed is a frig which doubles on this side as a side table. The bathroom is a ok size. They kept the tub, put in a Toto toilet (no spray), Kohler sink, tile floor, stone counter top, runner board above toilet area to set things. Brightly lit. The tub area has the swing out curtain bar, adjustable shower head and wire mess soap tray. The side table BTW in the bedroom has a lamp and at the foot of the bed is a cushioned seat. All in all they have done a great job. Compared with the old room this is it.

Communications: Wired HSIA at $10 per day I believe. I had trouble getting online and the Sprint tech just put me down for two nights. Those problems persist even in the renovated rooms.

Closing: The price is right and the digs are new. Regards from HNL.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:38 am

Online photo number 3 pretty accurately shows the type of room we are in. It is a sweet sleeper mattress.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:04 am

Sheraton Waikiki - Annex room?

I was surfing around looking for a reasonable hotel in Waikiki for a few nights in early Feb/07 - I found a rate of $150 a night for the Sheraton Waikiki but it says it is a "Annex Room" with no view and only 1 queen bed. Also mentions in the description it is not located in the main hotel. I'm not fussy about location, view, etc. I just want a cheap room that's clean. Can anyone shed any light on what I can expect from these "Annex Rooms"?
(BTW, all other rooms at the Sheraton Waikiki are starting at over $300 a night, so this SEEMS like a bargain!)
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Search for "manor wing" and you'll find lots of threads.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:09 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by sportychick
I was surfing around looking for a reasonable hotel in Waikiki for a few nights in early Feb/07 - I found a rate of $150 a night for the Sheraton Waikiki but it says it is a "Annex Room" with no view and only 1 queen bed. Also mentions in the description it is not located in the main hotel. I'm not fussy about location, view, etc. I just want a cheap room that's clean. Can anyone shed any light on what I can expect from these "Annex Rooms"?
(BTW, all other rooms at the Sheraton Waikiki are starting at over $300 a night, so this SEEMS like a bargain!)
It's pretty much as described - akin to an overpriced best western (but given the local, not so much).

I've had mixed success booking those rooms and then using 1500 pts/night to upgrade to diamond head view rooms. If you accept that a point is worth 2.5 cents, it is still a bargain.

Of note - you can only use points five-days out and can only be used for rooms booked using the starwood web sites.

GL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.