Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Louis City Center Sheraton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Louis City Center Sheraton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
More for families

Stayed last week with my family in two 2Q 1BR suites. Very spacious (700+ sq ft) but dark due to only one or two windows in the BR and minimum lighting throughout. That may be to help hide the stained furniture, scuffed walls and filthy carpet.

One other complaint was the uncomfortable sleeper sofas. The roll away beds were fine for the little ones, but a bit short for teens. The rooms were big enough that the extra beds didn't get in the way.

No problems with plumbing (drains/hot water), linens, or beds as reported in the past. Appreciated having a fridge and extra sink in the living room. WiFi was reliable, though limited to 3 devices per room, which you'd think would be enough until you realize every kid has at least one device and the parents 2 or 3 themselves.

The Club Lounge and Bistro 14 buffet food were the standards and of decent quality. As the hotel was full of families on Spring Break the staff had a hard time keeping everything stocked, though they sincerely tried.

The gym was good, hot tub was soothing, and the pool was large, great for lap swimming. However, it was usually full of kids (Spring Break!) and thus short on towels. Parking garage is cramped but always found space near the elevators. Easy on/off access to/from West I-64 (but not East) and otherwise close to a lot of downtown attractions.

Received good Plat recognition: reservation showed Club upgrades prior to arrival, proactively asked what amenity I wanted, no Internet charge hassles, even comp'ed parking.

I felt sorry for the few business people there in the madness of all the families with kids. We were all there because the room size, hotel amenities and location make it very family vacation-friendly for the price. Now if only they cleaned the rooms better than my kids clean theirs...

Last edited by megalab; Apr 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 20, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Ribs within Walking Distance

Any outstanding steak or BBQ places within walking distance?
Also we have never been to St. Louis. can anyone recommend a nice easy drive to experience Missouri. We range in age from 15 to 85.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:24 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canalskater
Any outstanding steak or BBQ places within walking distance?
Also we have never been to St. Louis. can anyone recommend a nice easy drive to experience Missouri. We range in age from 15 to 85.
I would recommend Pappy's BBQ. It might be a bit far to walk, but not too bad I don't believe.

I'll let Missouri natives answer your other inquiries.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:21 pm

Leaving Starwood on October 29, 2014

Leaving Starwood on October 29, 2014

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=1364
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Interesting - in the time that I saw space at the Sheraton Clayton and send to my TA to book, it was snatched up. So I'm potentially staying here, unless I want to move to Marriott...is this still the huge, dumpy, dirty hotel I remember from 2-3 years ago?

Would prefer the Westin but even my great corporate codes are going for $299/night (more than the AAA rate, which NEVER happens)...that's more than I pay in LA, Chicago, and other higher priced markets for comparably nice Starwood hotels.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
If not a Sheraton....

What will the hotel's new identity be?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:52 pm

Looks like this hotel will be returning to Sheraton after a decade under other names, following a major renovation:

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...ca54879b0.html
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by James Luckard
Looks like this hotel will be returning to Sheraton after a decade under other names, following a major renovation:

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...ca54879b0.html
That's awesome! I was heavily involved with that hotel during it's (first) Sheraton identity; I was a project manager for Starwood's new builds team and this was my assigned property for about a year just before 9-11. Aside from the customary construction issues, the project was great, mostly due to the outstanding efforts by Don Breckenridge and his daughter Linda (and her husband Greg). They were truly wonderful to work with and it's saddened me to see the hotel in a less than desirable situation of late.....until now! Great to see that there's a clear path for success there.
James Luckard likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:39 pm

Looks like it was a Red Lion Hotel for a while, and right now it's an OYO hotel, an Indian chain.

It's funny, the page for the hotel on the OYO website uses outdated photos with Red Lion signage:
https://www.oyorooms.com/us/105125/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.