Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New Orleans: Which Starwood? 2006 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Orleans: Which Starwood? 2006 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
The LM used to be a W and was swapped a few years back. The locale is fine and although I haven't stayed at the new LM, I'm sure it'll do if prices are right. It's a 10 min walk to the quarter. The W is right in the quarter - but usually more expensive and not worth it imo. I think the Sheraton on Canal is the best Starwood property in the area (2 mins walking into the quarter).

The quarter itself is very frat oriented... so be sure to head up to Frenchman street for a bit more of the local New Orleans flavor.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Cafe du Monde for beignets and Johnny's Po-Boy. And Mister B's Bistro one night. You can thank me later.

I have stayed at the Westin Canal Place, Sheraton and 4 Points French Quarter. So, I'm no help to your query. The Westin CP was best (quiet locale above upscale mall) followed by the Sheraton (perfectly fine large generic hotel). The 4 Points was a zoo (revelry for days).

Last edited by pageboy; Jan 23, 2016 at 11:23 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
The W is ridiculously bad. I walked out of there on day 2 of a 4 night stay and went across to the new Le Meridien and was very happy there. My recommendation would be the LM (which used to be a W, but got refurbished and re-branded to LM about two years ago).
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by pageboy
Cafe du Monde for beignets and Johnny's Po-Boy. And Mister B's Bistro one night. You can thank me later.

I have stayed at the Westin Canal Place, Sheraton and 4 Points French Quarter. So, I'm no help to your query. The Westin CP was best (quiet locale above upscale mall) followed by the Sheraton (perfectly fine large generic hotel). The 4 Points was a zoo (revelry for days).
I would completely agree about Mr. Bs Bistro! ^^
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The W FQ is more of a boutique hotel, whereas the LM is more of a traditional hotel. The W puts you right in the quarter, although the LM is not that much further. The restaurant at the W FQ is affiliated with Commander's Palace, and has a great happy hour, along with 25 cents martini at lunch time.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:06 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I have tended to stay at the 4 Points. It is the only SPG ON Bourbon St. The others are a walk, no more than 10 minutes or so. If location really matters, then 4 Points it is.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Vulcan
I have tended to stay at the 4 Points. It is the only SPG ON Bourbon St. The others are a walk, no more than 10 minutes or so. If location really matters, then 4 Points it is.
While it is in the Quarter you also must remember, it IS in the quarter. My stay here was filled with noise, terribly small dark rooms and quite unpleasant service. Never again.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
The W is ridiculously bad. I walked out of there on day 2 of a 4 night stay and went across to the new Le Meridien and was very happy there. My recommendation would be the LM (which used to be a W, but got refurbished and re-branded to LM about two years ago).
Wow, I could not disagree more. My fiance and I stayed there for New Years, and I had a great stay. I felt the staff was very professional. The layout of the hotel is a bit strange but it is more of a boutique property rather than a traditional hotel. We personally loved the location and had a corner patio room overlooking the street which was a neat touch.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
The W FQ is more of a boutique hotel, whereas the LM is more of a traditional hotel. The W puts you right in the quarter, although the LM is not that much further. The restaurant at the W FQ is affiliated with Commander's Palace, and has a great happy hour, along with 25 cents martini at lunch time.
And that restaurant only serves fountain soda, no bottled mineral water and runs out of coffee in the morning.

F this place... Seriously.. Ridiculously bad F&B and Service at W FQ.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, HHonors.
Love the W FQ, SOBOU has good food as well. My go to when I'm in NOLA and not in an airbnb.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:52 am

I know this is about W and Le Meridian but I agree with Vulcan. I stayed at the Four Points and was very comfortable there and it was right where all the action is. I managed to get a stay during Halloween a few yr ago. That is a crazy time to go btw but fun!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LTPPE
Both are nice...

Stayed at both locations in December.
Thought LM rooms were more upscale and quiet with a location that puts you close to everything. Did not eat at the hotel but enjoyed the Windsor Court Hotel pre-fixe lunch (hotel is located directly behind the LM).
W was good, has the boutique feel and the staff is young and energetic. The pool area is a nice place to enjoy cocktails. Have stayed in quite a few of the rooms-some can be very dark due to limited windows. As a nice touch, was given a bottle of wine and fruit plate.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
LM has the advantage of being right across the street from Mother's Restaurant!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Herb687
LM has the advantage of being right across the street from Mother's Restaurant!
Yup. I used to stay there when it was a W and would sometimes get a room where I could see how big the line was at Mothers. I'd strategically head down when it didn't look so bad - and roll over and go back to bed when it did
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by pageboy

Also agree with Westin Canal Place and a big ^ for Mr. B's Bistro - I love their Jazz Sunday Brunch. Best Shrimp & Grits around!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.