Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Grande Lakes Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Time traveller
Effective Jan 20, 2014, this property has a $25 resort fee. (might be $20 for Marriott elites based on one report).

From the website: Daily resort fee of 25 added to room rate includes in-room Internet, theme park shuttle, resort activities and more! No details on the resort activities & more on the website, although a FTer reported yoga classes.
Self-parking is $18/day & valet is $25/day. Some reports of elites getting parking waived; can't hurt to ask.

Updated July 2017, as per hotel website, resort fee is $35 and parking $25/day for self-park and $32/day for valet.
Print Wikipost

JW Grande Lakes Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Anyone know what the current plat breakfast is under the new rules?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:29 am

Heading here in mid-March, picked it because a suite rate was considerably cheaper than similar at the Ritz-Carlton next door and I thought my chances of an additional upgrade (I'm Ambassador) might be greater. Anyone have any recent experience with elite upgrades from Executive suite to higher?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Anyone know what the current plat breakfast is under the new rules?

Would love to know this as well if anyone has a recent experience. Haven't stayed since prior to the breakfast benefit "upgrade". Hoping they aren't a muffin/coffee resort...

Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
Heading here in mid-March, picked it because a suite rate was considerably cheaper than similar at the Ritz-Carlton next door and I thought my chances of an additional upgrade (I'm Ambassador) might be greater. Anyone have any recent experience with elite upgrades from Executive suite to higher?
I stayed here 3 times in 2018 as an Ambassador - the only thing I recall ever getting was a higher floor and/or a lakefront view. Wasn't too worked up only because most of the trips were on dirt cheap promo rates they have from time to time, but would have been nice to at least get a balcony.

Separate question: in addition to any reports on breakfast, would be great to know if they are still waiving parking for Ambassador/upper tier members and have the reduced resort fee. I consider it a pretty nice perk and is the main reason why I usually pick the JW over the Hyatt when doing a weekend in Orlando.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Yes, updates, please.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:14 am

Staying here next week - will provide an update (as a lowly Platinum).
CruiserCLE and svo242 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Gunner14
Staying here next week - will provide an update (as a lowly Platinum).
Please do. If you can report on the breakfast situation I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Gunner14 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Please do. If you can report on the breakfast situation I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Platinum and above get continental breakfast buffet at the main restaurant - Citron ($25 value). Can upgrade to full buffet (hot items, omelette station) for $7. I believe it should have come off at the restaurant but I had to get my charges removed at checkout.

I'm not sure if self parking is still waived - but I had no charges on my portfolio even though informed them that I was self parking at check-in.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Yes, updates, please.

Platinum and above get continental breakfast buffet at the main restaurant - Citron ($25 value). Can upgrade to full buffet (hot items, omelette station) for $7. I believe it should have come off at the restaurant but I had to get my charges removed at checkout.

I'm not sure if self parking is still waived - but I had no charges on my portfolio even though informed them that I was self parking at check-in.
Thanks for the update. Was your resort fee also less than advertised (30 vs 35) as it has been in the past, due to wifi being included?

Sounds like the parking is the same as in the past for Plat and above - nice to hear.

Re: the breakfast, was the continental selection at least decent (euro style) or was it more limited? Seems like they aren't fully following the rules but I'll let hockeyinsider or someone else confirm that as I believe it was advised in another thread that resorts should technically be offering a full breakfast in the restaurant.

My stay is coming up later this month so part of me wants to push the breakfast issue, although on the other hand the $$ being saved on parking keeps me pretty happy so not sure I want to push on the $7 breakfast.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Thanks for the update. Was your resort fee also less than advertised (30 vs 35) as it has been in the past, due to wifi being included?

Sounds like the parking is the same as in the past for Plat and above - nice to hear.

Re: the breakfast, was the continental selection at least decent (euro style) or was it more limited? Seems like they aren't fully following the rules but I'll let hockeyinsider or someone else confirm that as I believe it was advised in another thread that resorts should technically be offering a full breakfast in the restaurant.

My stay is coming up later this month so part of me wants to push the breakfast issue, although on the other hand the $$ being saved on parking keeps me pretty happy so not sure I want to push on the $7 breakfast.
If you read the terms and conditions, a property could argue a "continental breakfast" is compliant if they aren't a resort. But, it's pretty clear the intent of the provision in the terms and conditions for resort-designated properties confers "breakfast," if you choose it at check-in.

For the sake of you and everyone else on here, I hope you force the issue.

It's the same with the resort fee. My guess is 99% of guests aren't demanding an alternative or replacement amenity.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE

Yes I'd say the continental selection was quite decent - cereals, pastries, juices, fruit, cheese, cold meats (as it should be if charging $25). Coffee also included. I didn't inquire about ordering a la carte as an alternative (many options in the $15-$20 range).

Resort fee was charged at $35.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:41 am
Suspended

Resort fee was charged at $35.
You were ripped off.

Replacement Benefit when Wi-Fi is included in resort fee
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Good to know - but realistically if they aren't proactively offering something then I'm going to have to fight for it and then it's probably not worth the aggravation. I also realize that being so complacent doesn't help the greater good - but it is what it is.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
The lazy river at resort is nice. Resort also have an Aquacourse 360. $25 all day or after 2pm for $15. Great for kids. Parents can be on the sideline without ticket and shoot water guns at kids (and also get wet when bucket tips from above).

When it rains, they have a studio with playstations, skee-ball, and air hockey. Breakfast was free for Titanium.

Below is 2 minute video of the lazy river (gorgeous), Aquacourse, and studio. Went in July and never felt crowded.

Last edited by igoncrazy; Aug 14, 2019 at 8:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
The continental breakfast is pretty awesome. Cold food selections and cereal, oatmeal etc... but they have a wall of donuts which is pretty cool. It’s literally a wall with donuts hanging from hooks
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:33 pm

Any recent stays? I'm looking towards going at the end of the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.