Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Marriott Grand Chateau [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Marriott Grand Chateau [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:08 am

Marriott Grand Chateau Las Vegas construction

Long time reader...first time poster:

Has anyone stayed at the at the MVC Grand Chateau in Las Vegas recently? The website says construction "prevalent and severe at times." Just wondered how bad it really is.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Construction is virtually irrelevant.

I stayed there on opening night (when only 1/4 of the hotel was open). The sign was still being built, and the fire stairwells on lower floors had construction debris (I walked down for fun), but no noise.

Stayed there again 4 months later. No problems.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:25 pm

Thanks sbrower! That's the answer I was hoping for!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:57 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Car Rental Agnostic
Marriott Grand Chateau, Las Vegas, NV mini-review

I go to Vegas for work a good bit, and I was tired of all of my clothing smelling like smoke and getting propositioned by hookers when I am just trying to go to my room after a full day of working.

This stay was comprised of my 84th-88th actual nights in Marriott this year. I also have 10 Bonus nights from my CC, and am back in the Montreal Marriott tommorow. I stay at Hilton and Sheraton hotels too, but I really make an effort to stay in Marriotts. I stay in a variety of different level of hotels, but would say I have a about 50% fairfeild inn, 15% Springhill Suites, 15% Courtyard and 20% Full Service Marriott's.

In Vegas my company stays at Planet Hollywood, but I made extra effort to stay in the Marriott Grand Chateau. The hotel is directly across the street from Planet Hollywood, and that is the reason I selected this hotel over others in L.V.. I stayed at the PH last time, and was impressed with the room, but annoyed by the typical vegas stuff you have to go through to get to your room.

The lobby in the Marriott is nice, with a large timeshare sales area on the right and check-in on the left. There is also a store in the lobby, which had a lot of snacks and the like.

When I got in the front desk was understaffed, and it seemed to remain that way the entire time I was at the hotel.
When I checked in ($160 for the first two nights $200 for the second two, which was the same around town and as the Mandalay Bay for this time period). I noticed that I would not be getting my normal Platinum treatment: No special key, no room upgrade, no robes, no platinum arrival gift.

Disappointed, I went to my room and looked online and learned Vacation Club properties are excluded from these things. I really didn't know it would be such a diffrence in service. The hotel doesn't have that much going on for it, a small pool and bar on the roof and a little game room for kids.

The room was fine, other then having a sofa and a mini fridge, the room was
at best lackluster. The safe in the closet was locked open, and when I called the front desk to fix it the guy was looking for a tip. I am pretty generous tipper, but I normally don't tip for things that are wrong (What is everyone elses thoughts on this?)

Besides not feeling like vegas, if felt kinda like an older unremodeled fairfeild inn and suites. There was a connecting door to the next room (which i dislike, but also not a huge problem). The bathroom was clean, but for some reason this hotel only gave Shampoo, a bar of the body soap, and the little bar of Facial soap. No Conditioner? No Body wash? Not a huge problem but confusing.

I know this hotel is newer, but the rooms all had a very large gap under the door. It is so large you hear and see shadows of every person walking by, and everytime some one closes the door you hear it.

I went down to the lobby to go to the market, which was actually very nice. Besides this market there is no food service in this hotel. I got some postcards and postcard stamps, and went back to my room to write them out. There was no pen in the room! This confused me more then anything else. I went to the front desk, and asked nicely and they gave me a pen, but confirmed that the hotel does not put pens in the room.

The hotel has board games to borrow, which I guess is nice if your in town with your family. The TV was a 20" something CRT tv, and while the website said most villas have 40 something inch TVs, I guess mine was one that didnt.

All in all nothing tragic, but I would not stay in this hotel again.

The website warms "The resort will be under construction with an estimated completion date of 2016. Construction of the second tower has begun. Construction hours will range from 4:30am-5pm M - Sa. Although noise, dust, debris and views of construction will be prevalent and somewhat severe at times, the amenities and facilities of our completed tower will be fully operational. Features and amenities are subject to change.

But other then very dirty windows, and dust flying in when I opened the vent this wasn't at all bothersome.

Last edited by adammarcw; Sep 8, 2008 at 8:16 pm
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Not a Hotel

A big part of your comments/confusion might be a result of the fact that this is not a hotel, it is a timeshare. (For example, no room service, no upgrades, no robe, connecting doors, short-staffed front desk).

I stayed here on opening night (for the normal one week) and one other time. Both times I had the full 2 bedroom suite reserved (the "normal" timeshare usage) and it was a wonderful place. Huge kitchen (we cook meals when we stay), large bathrooms, lots of square footage. When I was there the valet parking was free and friendly (tips, of course). We were able to get in and out (I like to have a car) quicker than my friends in regular hotels could even get down the elevator.

Because it is timeshare there is also limited housekeeping service. But that was fine with us, because we didn't want anyone to rearrange our stuff (YMMV).
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sbrower
A big part of your comments/confusion might be a result of the fact that this is not a hotel, it is a timeshare. (For example, no room service, no upgrades, no robe, connecting doors, short-staffed front desk).

I stayed here on opening night (for the normal one week) and one other time. Both times I had the full 2 bedroom suite reserved (the "normal" timeshare usage) and it was a wonderful place. Huge kitchen (we cook meals when we stay), large bathrooms, lots of square footage. When I was there the valet parking was free and friendly (tips, of course). We were able to get in and out (I like to have a car) quicker than my friends in regular hotels could even get down the elevator.

Because it is timeshare there is also limited housekeeping service. But that was fine with us, because we didn't want anyone to rearrange our stuff (YMMV).
I agree with this assessment. It is a timeshare which you seem to know as you made a reference to it in your post. I stayed there last week in a 2bdr suite and loved it. Of course I have no status with Marriott so I wasn't expecting any special treatment..
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
Grand Chateau Las Vegas Award Redemption

I have been trying to book an award at the Grand Chateau in Vegas but I have been unsuccessful. The manager says that do offer award stays but they are based on availability. He also said that they had to sell the rooms to make the revenue because the place a time share.

This is all fine and dandy, but there is not a single day available through the end of the year using Marriotts website, calling them on the phone, or calling the hotel directly. This seems too odd to be true.

1. Has anybody had any luck booking an award at the Grand Chateau?

2. Doesn't Marriott Rewards reinburse the hotel for redemption stays?

Thanks for your help and Happy Travels!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by elmococker
I have been trying to book an award at the Grand Chateau in Vegas but I have been unsuccessful. The manager says that do offer award stays but they are based on availability. He also said that they had to sell the rooms to make the revenue because the place a time share.

This is all fine and dandy, but there is not a single day available through the end of the year using Marriotts website, calling them on the phone, or calling the hotel directly. This seems too odd to be true.

1. Has anybody had any luck booking an award at the Grand Chateau?

2. Doesn't Marriott Rewards reinburse the hotel for redemption stays?

Thanks for your help and Happy Travels!
I haven't tried an award stay at the Grand Chateau but as a Gold I got a killer rate on a two night stay there; might be worth looking into if it fits your budget.
Old May 1, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
What do you call a killer rate? I am going to be there on a weekend.
Old May 1, 2009, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I paid around $180 per night for the two bedroom suite with the full kitchen and everything. I was attending a convention and so everything was jacked up that week, except the Grand Chateau. There is lots of construction going on in the area around the property, so be aware.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:10 pm

That is not too bad for a convention week. The weekend that I will be there, the rooms are running about that.

I have had a better deal during a convention. I was at the Con-Agg convention in March 07. I stayed at the Marriott REN near the convention center for $120 a night.

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:46 pm

Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas and Marriott Gift Cheques: Friends or Foes?

Has anybody had any luck using a Gift cheque at the Grand Chateau in Vegas? I called and was told that if it says that is can be used at a Marriott Vacation Club then it will work.

I don't have one handy and I really don't want to get any if I cannot use them.

Has anybody used a Gift Cheque at the Grand Chateau or does anybody have one that they can look at and see if it says they are valid at the Vacation Clubs?

Your help is appriecated and Happy Travels!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United 1K
They are good at Marriott Vacation Clubs.

Marriott ExecStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are the only properties I know that don't accept them.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:08 pm

Thanks. I seem to remember seeing that...anyway, thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Marriott LV Grand Chateau - Golf Package Rate?

I've currently got a 2BR Villa booked under the AAA rate at the LV Grand Chateau which seems to be the best rate for a 2BR Suite going. I went back and found that there was a rate that included 2 rounds of golf and the overall cost is a little cheaper than the AAA rate.

I don't see any differences in the rate rules otherwise - any reason NOT to book it under the Golf Escape rate?

JC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.