Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Excelsior Rome, Italy, 2007 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Excelsior Rome, Italy, 2007 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
OK I am torn. I currently have a reservation at the Marriott, but was thinking of changing to this hotel. Seems to be a mixed bag of reviews so I am asking if anyone has stayed at both and where you would stay.

Will be using points at either hotel as I don't pay those prices

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Reading through the mixed reviews on this hotel here, I wonder whether things may have changed for the better at this property? I've stayed here a few times over the past year, and have enjoyed exceptional service every time, and great suite upgrades. Last week I had to cancel a stay on points due to Easyjet destroying my itinerary, and they kindly refunded the 12k points even though I canceled after 6pm day of arrival - which I thought was very nice.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We stayed there for three nights in December, and are very happy we did. The location is great (the subway is a short walk away, but we only used it once and walked everywhere else), we got a nice corner two-room suite (on an early check-in), and the staff were exemplary.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Inexpensive Parking Alternatives?

We will be arriving at the holel by rental car from Florence. Since it seems that the rental car locations other than the airport close pretty early, my plan is to keep the car overnight and return it the next morning. The hotel offers valet parking for 40 Euro, which seems a little steep. The website also mentions "Garage Excelsior." Has anyone used this or any other "public" parking garage in the neighborhood that might be a bit more reasonable?

TIA.

xlax
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by xlax
We will be arriving at the holel by rental car from Florence. Since it seems that the rental car locations other than the airport close pretty early, my plan is to keep the car overnight and return it the next morning. The hotel offers valet parking for 40 Euro, which seems a little steep. The website also mentions "Garage Excelsior." Has anyone used this or any other "public" parking garage in the neighborhood that might be a bit more reasonable?

TIA.

xlax
I would never drive in Rome lol! However, I did notice a big parking garage down at the end of the street from the Excelsior, about a block away, which looked to be 'public', although I wasn't paying all that much attention.

Maybe you can "google earth" it or email the hotel for details.

Cheers,
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Exclamation low cost parking

There is a public parking in front of the hotel Eden:

Via Ludovisi, 60, 00187 Roma, Italien

http://www.060608.it/it/trasporti/pa...-ludovisi.html

Giornaliero: € 18,00
Note costo:
- dalla 1Ş alla 5Ş ora € 2,20/h
- dalla 6Ş alla 13Ş ora € 1,00/h
- dalla 14Ş alla 24Ş tariffa bloccata per un costo giornaliero di € 18,00

BTW: 40 € should be the fee for a Smart. Two years ago a VW Golf was 55 €.

Bigger car ==> higher price
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
There's a guy that posts in the Italy forum who has a great website on Rome. One of his recent articles is on parking in Rome. http://www.roninrome.com/%20transpor...arking-in-rome.

Go to the section on Roma Villa Borghese; it is very close to your hotel.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Thanks

Thank you very much Flews, Forstebetrieb and Dingo for your help!

xlax
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:20 pm

We drove our Hertz rental car to this hotel a few years ago and were able to simply leave it with the hotel staff in front - Hertz is just up the road in the park and apparently they come and get it (or the hotel brings it to them). At least that was my experience.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
At the moment there is a promotion for spg - members:

Buffet Breakfast 23 € instead of 29 €

20 % off at the restaurant doney for lunch and dinner

20 % off at the ORUM Bar

20 % off at the laundry

^^^
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
At the moment there is a promotion for spg - members:

Buffet Breakfast 23 € instead of 29 €

20 % off at the restaurant doney for lunch and dinner

20 % off at the ORUM Bar

20 % off at the laundry

^^^
How 'bout 20% off the points required for a free night, since it just went up a category!?!?!?!? I'll miss this hotel......
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by clublounger
How 'bout 20% off the points required for a free night, since it just went up a category!?!?!?!? I'll miss this hotel......
This is where last year's 25% off points promo comes in handy!

Cheers,
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Flews
This is where last year's 25% off points promo comes in handy!

Cheers,
Unfortunately the Westin Excelsior is now cat. 6, so you can't use any more the 25 % off...

Salute!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Unfortunately the Westin Excelsior is now cat. 6, so you can't use any more the 25 % off...

Salute!
Unless you booked before the end of February...

Cheers,
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:44 am

Also, let's keep in mind this years category change to 6 is simply reverting back to where it was before last year's downtick.

I was fortunate to be able to take advantage of last years drop so I can hardly complain about it going back up to where it normally is...

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.