Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Small savings, but if you self-park yourself in the Copley Place mall garage, the maximum rate for 24 hours is $32. In addition, there is an early bird special - enter between 6am and 9am and exit by 6pm on the same day for $18. I suppose you could pull the car out on your last day between 6am and 9am, and then put it back in the garage, paying only $18 for that last day.

The garage elevators bring you up to the mall, and you can then walk inside to the Westin.

I don't think any of the suggestions relating to other places to park are worth the hassle.

The South Station (Amtrak) garage is $24/day. The South Boston lots and garages are the best deal. But the hassle factor or cost of taxis seems to outweigh in my view.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: SPG
Thanks for all your suggestions. From what I understand I just might have to suck it up and pay the price. At least i'm using points for the room.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:59 am

There is a large garage kitty-corner from the Westin. The maximum daily rate is $28 and repeats daily at 5 am. Directions, etc. are on their website. www.100clarendon.com

I have parked my car there overnight in the past with no difficulties.

There is also another garage about 2 blocks away that is a little cheaper, although I do not remember the exact price for 24 hours. The entrance is located directly across Clarendon St. from Trinity Church and is below an office building.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 4:56 pm

Westin Copley Place, Boston - 2 questions

Any experiences at this property? Westin Boston Waterfront is much cheaper but a bit further from Hynes where I want to be. Sheraton Hynes is all booked up for my dates.

Can I use 2 SPG 50's back to back because I need it for 6 nights? (Under 2 different reservations)

Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 24, 2007, 2:01 am

Programs: Starwood, United, AAdvantage, Delta
Westin Copley place is nice...

But often fully booked and expensive. There is a Sheraton that is just down the road from this hotel, I believe it is the Sheraton Boston. Its location is about the same, is more available, and cheaper. Nice property, nice location.

Have you considered the Sheraton Commander? Now I know this place is not as convenient, but with the "T" (Boston Subway), it is within reach of most anywhere downtown, or in Boston Proper. The hotel is just down the road from a stop. It is a niche hotel, and it is a bit older. But it has the virtue of being in a beautiful area, which is Cambridge. Also cheaper than the other two above. Just a thought.

Yes, you can use back to backs on the 50 program. That is assuming the offer is available when you want to stay. I mention that because the previous two times I tried to use it, they said the offer was not open.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 2:05 am
Suspended

there are very few properties that are more discussed in this forum than the boston hotels (aside for the NYC and San Fran properties, etc.).

i would try a Search first. then, pose your query in the most applicable thread.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:58 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Booked one night at Westin Copley Place using points. A quick Saturday get-a-way while the kids are off in Florida. Planning on arriving early, and then going off to the MFA for the Napolean and the Art of the Empire Style Exhibit and lunch at Bravo.

Since we have never stayed at this property, any requests (with respect to room location/type) that are suggested. Any expectation of an upgrade for a SPG Platinum on a Saturday night, 1 night stay? [OT, but got real lucky last year at the Hyatt on another BOS one night fling w/ the wife ]

Plan on parking at the hotel, since I'm originally at NYC metro area transplant --- and got used to the parking $ at the Waldorf-Towers years ago --- and, I'm a sucker for absolute convenience when I'm off for a relaxing day/evening with the wife.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Baccarat_king --

I so wanted to go to that exhibit!

Could you find out if it is being extended, at all?

Also, please give us a report of the property!

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:02 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Baccarat_king --

I so wanted to go to that exhibit!

Also, please give us a report of the property!

Thanks!
I don't think they are extending the exhibit; it is currently running through Sunday, 27 January. Of course, if I find out anything different --- I'll post the details.

This was a last minute schedule change, since the wife didn't want to go to the Red Door Spa at Harrah's AC --- even though, I had the entire MLK weekend comp'ed. [of course, I kept emphasizing the incredible adults ONLY indoor pool and spa at Harrah's.... though, we all know why I really wanted to go to AC. ]
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:08 pm
Suspended

why not just google it or go to the museum's website?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
why not just google it or go to the museum's website?

cause, any extensions are never updated so quickly and I know it is slated to leave on 1/27 -- and finally show in Paris --- the end of its tour this Spring.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:57 pm
Suspended

cause, any extensions are never updated so quickly and I know it is slated to leave on 1/27 -- and finally show in Paris --- the end of its tour this Spring.
agreed that it MIGHT not appear on the museum's website (though it might)...but, it would certainly appear in a google search.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
agreed that it MIGHT not appear on the museum's website (though it might)...but, it would certainly appear in a google search.

OK -- not that this little discussion isn't incredibly productive, but I googled and checked the MFA's website and found no news of the exhibit being extended. So maybe a MR to see it after it moves might be the best option.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:35 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I have been staying at this hotel once a month for almost 20 years. I always am upgraded to a junior suite as a Starwood Platinum member. (Maybe being a frequent return guest to this property also helps!) I usually call a couple of days prior to my stay and request them to pre-block a junior suite above the 20 th floor. The Mass tunrpike is next to the hotel and any floor lower than that is noisy, if you are a light sleeper. The other thing that they do is cycle OFF the AC/heat for 15 minutes every hour. If this is a problem for you (ie you are too hot or too cold in your particular room) they can put it on the VIP cycle so that the AC/heat runs continuously.

It is a great hotel in a superb location with some of the most outstanding Starwood employees! It is one of my favorite Starwood hotels, as you can tell!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:43 am
Suspended

Excellent info, many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.