Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Palo Alto, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Palo Alto, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:44 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, LHW Access, Hertz PC
Tower Suites

Originally Posted by Score8
I was finally given my room keys to find that it was actually a guest office. Not bad, but for the hour back I would have taken a regular room instead. I was really looking forward to a tower suite
The Tower Suites are nice, but they're essentially a guest office on the top floor w/ a balcony (a real one, as opposed to the fake ones most of the rooms have). You can see them if you look up at the outside corners of the building from the pool area. The balconies have either a patio dining set or a couple of chaise lounges on them. Probably 120 square feet or so.

If you don't want / need to sit outside, the fireplace suites are bigger and have nicer layouts. Not to mention the fireplace...
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
This time I received a workout room, which for the uninformed is the same as a guest office suite with a treadmill, an extra flatscreen and some other workout goodies rather than a fax machine...

Still the same problem in this room...there are two tv's and neither of them is fully viewable from the bed.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
What are the options on getting from this hotel to SFO? I have searched online and found one shuttle service but wonder if others who have stayed there have had any experiences with shuttles, public transit, etc. I am trying to figure out how early of a flight I can book out of SFO. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
When I have stayed here or the Sheraton
Palo Alto which is next door. I have taken
caltrain which is literally behind the hotel. Then from there
take Bart to SFO. Might wanna check caltrain
website
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
free breakfast to plats?

Is there any recent plat experience? I'm wondering they're still offering free breakfast to plats? I appreciate you guys feedback.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
Is there any recent plat experience? I'm wondering they're still offering free breakfast to plats? I appreciate you guys feedback.
I don't think the Westin has ever offered free breakfast to plats; at least I have never been offered out of numerous stays. I do get upgraded about 1 in every 5 stays. Since my typical stay in 1 night, its rather poor. If you want breakfast, go with the Sheraton next door which has a lounge.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
I don't think the Westin has ever offered free breakfast to plats; at least I have never been offered out of numerous stays. I do get upgraded about 1 in every 5 stays. Since my typical stay in 1 night, its rather poor. If you want breakfast, go with the Sheraton next door which has a lounge.
Thanks for your info.. I misunderstood somebody's posting. It meant Sheraton. However, I've been in Sheraton, but not quite impressive for room and even lounge.. So, this time I'm thinking going to Westin. Rate difference is only 20$.. But, 1 upgrade out of 5 stays is quite tough..
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
What are the options on getting from this hotel to SFO? I have searched online and found one shuttle service but wonder if others who have stayed there have had any experiences with shuttles, public transit, etc. I am trying to figure out how early of a flight I can book out of SFO. Thanks!
Any public transit option will take at least an hour.

From the airport:

The most direct route is the SamTrans KX bus route. Takes almost exactly an hour, costs $2, and drops off at the Caltrain station behind the hotel.

Monday-Friday 7pm to roughly 11pm and all day Sat/Sun you can take a BART train one stop to Millbrae and switch to a southbound Caltrain. The total cost will be $8.75. (During the day weekdays you have to take two BART trains to get to Caltrain.)

The easiest option is to take SuperShuttle. Frequent departures from SFO, usually takes around 45 mnutes (Palo Alto tends to be around the middle of the run) and costs about $25.

From the hotel:

SamTrans KX picks up from the bus circle at the train station, as above. The train option should be valid starting around 6pm for a 7pm BART connection. SuperShuttle will give you a 15 minute pickup window but will strongly encourage you to leave 3 hours before your flight.

Taxi is generally $85-$110 and will need to be scheduled in advance (probably won't be able to hail one).
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Just stayed... one night... upgraded to a tower suite... room was lovely, balcony was great. housekeeping and room service staff was great. breakfast (included in rate) was delicious.

calling the hotel a maze is an understatement. My guess is that MC Escher was the inspiration.

lastly, the check in staff left a lot to be desired.

If you do go.... have dinner at Reposado... walking distance, mexican... food was fantastic.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:38 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
If you do go.... have dinner at Reposado... walking distance, mexican... food was fantastic.
You picked a good one...

It seems like every good restaurant on the peninsula is within 5 blocks of this hotel.

On the way to Reposado, you pass the Peninsula Creamery, which is owned by the same people. Same quality of food but a diner menu.

There are at least 10 other places nearby that would be strong recommendations for food.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I sometimes eat in Soleil, in the hotel. The pork chop is one of my favorites.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:43 am

via my friend Greg:

Anybody there Oct 29, 2015?

12 people hospitalized due to some sort of fumes, remaining guests asked to stay in their rooms.

http://kron4.com/2015/10/29/palo-alt...unknown-order/

I hope everybody is ok.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 30, 2015 at 4:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.