Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Salt Lake City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Salt Lake City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Are beer and wine free in the lounge?
Yep! As are liquor cocktails, just wells. No idea what the wine selection looks like, I don't touch the stuff =p. Beers are typical domestics plus (usually) plenty of sampler packs from two different localish breweries, plus whatever they have left from their last run. Think it was Wasatch and Uinta this time, with someone else's session ale also available.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by synergistic
Another great stay at the SLC Sheraton. Was glad to see the lounge coffee machine working again, but it apparently started leaking and was out of order after the first night. Was still able to get good hot chocolate in the restaurant with our buffet tokens, though, and while they were quite stingy with the Starbucks freebie coupons, I'm still grateful to have that as an option.

Re: the restaurant, it appears they've remodeled the old sports bar area to be their only restaurant. Buffet remains pretty darn good in the new location. New omelet man is a doll.
Still a lot of work being performed on the ground floor, so not sure what their eventual plan is. The showers they were installing on the club floors during my last visit are quite nice, and a great improvement over the peeling tubs we consistently experienced before.

Lounge breakfast felt lacking but the bacon was as good as I remembered. Evening lounge was fine but it appears they really only put out domestic brews now, crafts had to be requested from the (quite willing) attendant. Was not terribly impressed with the hot options this time (was actively grossed out by the unexpected beer battered salmon!) but that was just a matter of preference, my SO thought the rice balls the next night were quite good.

Even last minute with the Jazz playing our first night, the price was quite reasonable - $132, I think? The place remains one of my favorite values in the US SPG portfolio. May they never change.
This is bizarre. I've spent over 40 nights in this dump, but never again. The Marriott City Center is miles (and miles and miles and miles) ahead of the Sheraton. Marriott City Creek is better too, just not as great as City Center. The Sheraton is old, beaten down, is unsafe (cars routinely broken into), etc. The only plus side is the lobby level Starbucks.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by synergistic
Yep! As are liquor cocktails, just wells. No idea what the wine selection looks like, I don't touch the stuff =p. Beers are typical domestics plus (usually) plenty of sampler packs from two different localish breweries, plus whatever they have left from their last run. Think it was Wasatch and Uinta this time, with someone else's session ale also available.
Thanks for that info.

One more question: Is parking free?
Old May 2, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thanks for that info.

One more question: Is parking free?
Yes, parking is free.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great stay at this hotel. Front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. Did 2 nights, followed by 1 night at Marriott Park City, then 2 more nights at the Sheraton. Was upgraded to Presidential Suite (1100 sq ft and 1.5 bathrooms) on both visits . Apparently Obama slept here 3 years ago!

Advantage of the Presidential Suite is that it is a few feet away from the Club Lounge (10th floor in the Tower). Lounge was excellent by North American standards. Two hot dishes (one of which was vegetarian) every night , plus salad, cheese platter, veggies and dip, plus dessert. In addition, wine, beer and alcohol were complimentary. The only annoying thing was the wine/alcohol had to be served by the lounge attendant who always had to be prompted for a refill. I think she was just forgetful as she always poured with a generous hand.

Breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, cereal and pastries. Breakfast was same every day except for minor changes in the fruit platter.

Parking is free.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question SPG redemption?

Thanks for the review, margarita girl! Love the Obama story........... (the place he ate in YOW in 2009 sells thousands of the cookies he bought every day:

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/06/29/in...2009-a-staple/

I've been monitoring this thread since 2015, when I had to cancel a planned stay. Did you do SPG redemption? (I recall it was very reasonable).
Old May 30, 2017, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. BRG rate was $94 with 20% off.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Any recent stays here ? I have 3 nights booked next week, tried for 5 but I guess they are sold out next Thursday/Friday
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. I was there in May. My comments are in post #95 . Did you have any specific questions?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:24 pm

They've been sold out last minute more frequently lately than I'd gotten used to lately - I think we only had two stays here over the summer. Was still the lovely experience we've come to expect. l did have a dirty glass experience at the restaurant that was quickly resolved. I don't imagine you'll be disappointed!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Staying here now was upgraded at check in to a King Deluxe as a Gold, huge room, old bathtub though. They also gave me breakfast chips for a full buffet breakfast which is nice.
Bar is pretty good I found the food pretty good, very friendly staff all over the hotel. Would definitely stay here again. When I checked in I made sure I was in the main building, thanks to all that posted about the 2nd building.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any recent stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.