Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers - Yokohama, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers - Yokohama, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
It's interesting how Yokohama Sheraton has increased their rate by 50-75% due to the ongoing renovations on floor 20-23 until 31st march, as well after SPG implemented the 25% brg off instead of 20%. Couple of months ago I could found rates with 260-400 euros for three nights, same days different weeks. Now that has gone up to 470-530 euros. I'd prefer the hotel kept their low rate and previous standard rather than this significant raise in their rate with a small renovation. Not sure. Would like a low cost SPG-hotel outside of Tokyo and thought Sheraton Yokohama would be perfect. Now the rate is almost on pair with Tokyo Marriott which is in Shinagawa. Tokyo Marriott > Yokohama Sheraton. (at least in my Brg reservations but this could be different of course when you look on marriott.com and spg.com)

In my world it should be cheaper to stay in Yokohama than in Tokyo.

Will be interesting to try these two hotels out but I'm pretty sure which one I'll pick for my future travels to Tokyo if both of these hotels can go for the same rate.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:15 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by joakgarp
It's interesting how Yokohama Sheraton has increased their rate by 50-75% due to the ongoing renovations on floor 20-23 until 31st march, as well after SPG implemented the 25% brg off instead of 20%. Couple of months ago I could found rates with 260-400 euros for three nights, same days different weeks. Now that has gone up to 470-530 euros. I'd prefer the hotel kept their low rate and previous standard rather than this significant raise in their rate with a small renovation. Not sure. Would like a low cost SPG-hotel outside of Tokyo and thought Sheraton Yokohama would be perfect. Now the rate is almost on pair with Tokyo Marriott which is in Shinagawa. Tokyo Marriott > Yokohama Sheraton. (at least in my Brg reservations but this could be different of course when you look on marriott.com and spg.com)

In my world it should be cheaper to stay in Yokohama than in Tokyo.

Will be interesting to try these two hotels out but I'm pretty sure which one I'll pick for my future travels to Tokyo if both of these hotels can go for the same rate.
Looked at some March stays and also noticed the rate increase. My last BRGs in Nov and Dec were just over 10k yen/nt, but for Sakura dates, I'd be looking at almost twice as much. I don't mind the Yokohama location (but obviously if you have business in Tokyo, you'll probably want to stay closer to where you need to be during the day). I've had some very nice rooms here on my recent stays (better than Sheraton Tokyo, Westin Tokyo, Hyatt Regency Tokyo), and thought the lounge was fine for breakfast and ok for evening snacks -- certainly above Japanese standards. But at these new rates, I'm staying elsewhere -- my backup would be Sheraton Tokyo for 13-14k yen, but I decided to try the new Hyatt Ginza this time.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: SPG+Marriott Platinum
Hey everyone, first post... I'm staying here currently, and they want to charge me 5,940 JPY ($55.66 USD) every night my father plans to stay with me. I currently have one adult on the non-refundable reservation.

I booked about 7 weeks before my arrival. If my memory serves me correctly, upon booking a 2nd adult on the room reservation it would only add an extra 400 JPY ($3.75 USD) per night in terms of a "consumption tax". When I booked, there was no 5,940 JPY ($55.66 USD) per night added on the room cost when I selected two adults vice one adult.

The reason why I didn't put the second adult on the reservation was because at the time I didn't know how many nights my dad would stay with me and therefore I didn't want to pay the extra 400 JPY ($3.75 USD) in terms of a "consumption tax" every night of my stay for the nights he was not on his trip here. I thought I could simply add his tax upon his check-in.

This has become an issue for me because I stay here another 18 nights this month (with my dad) and it would cost me about $1,000 to add him to the reservation. As a platinum member, if I were to not have him on the reservation, I am guessing he can't enter the Club Lounge as there is a check-in where they look your room number up and perhaps to see the number of people on the reservation.

- Has anyone stayed here in the past where they know the hotel charges an extra 5,940 JPY ($55.66 USD) in the booking rate for a 2nd adult vice 1 adult? I think this is a significant price increase and by my accounts this is something they just added?
- Any comments or suggestions for me looking forward to my situation?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

It is common for hotels in Japan to charge more for multiple guests in the room. When making a reservation for Sheraton Yokohama at SPG.com for a random date (5/16), I see a charge of 17,318 yen for one guest and 22,248 yen for two guests, so about a $50 difference per night. This charge is normal and expected in Japan, and doesn't get waived for Plat status. You can try to smuggle your dad in, but you'll be breaking the rules.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by WorldPalmHand
I'm staying here currently, and they want to charge me 5,940 JPY ($55.66 USD) every night my father plans to stay with me. I currently have one adult on the non-refundable reservation.
The amount they ask for is reasonable. About the same thing in Europe if you have another mate in your room.
​​​​​​
Checked out of Yokohama Sheraton on sunday after four nights. We stayed one a low rate after a pretty expensive stay at the Prince Gallery Tokyo. The difference between these two hotels are of course big but I've to admit I enjoyed my stay very much at the Yokohama. The club lounge and breakfast is, as recently posts, renovated and feels fresh. The breakfast has the important things you need for breakfast. There is also a chief making omelettes, fried eggs etc for you on request.
The hotel has a pool but it's nothing special. Pretty old and the depth is only 1.3m. I'm 1.99m so I wasn't in the pool that long.

About 30 minutes to Shibuya with F-liner and same thing to Shinjuku. Jr tokkaido line to Shinagawa, Shimbashi, and Tokyo are all faster with 18-25 minutes. Was a bit tiresome to be on a train on 30 minutes to Yokohama after a long day in Tokyo but the lower room rate makes up for it.
I can recommend a visit to Enoshima and Kamakura. Just 20 minutes train ride. Yokohama and especially Sakuragicho station is a favourite spot for me and that was only two subway stations away.

Will be happy to get back to Yokohama Sheraton and can recommend it. As a plat we were upgraded to club room with one bed. Room and bed was okay. Nothing special but not bad at all.

Last edited by joakgarp; Apr 10, 2018 at 5:38 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
I booked 1 people in Japan hotels mostly and checked in with 2 for no issue (SPG and Hilton only) You can try but I know it will break the rule.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:54 pm

I'm landing in HND at 8:30pm and leaving the next day at 7:00am from HND as well. Would this hotel be a good choice to stay at for easy/convenient/cheap transportation to HND or should I look elsewhere?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Look elsewhere. Preferably outside of Yokohama.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
7:00 am is quite tight but doable. It also depends if it’s a domestic flight, or an international flight where you need to leave more time before departure. However, personally I would prefer one of the hotels in the terminals or near Anamori-Inari station of the Keikyu line.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Any feedback on how Yokohama Sheraton treats golds? Just made reservations there for 2 night early April. Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Desirees
Any feedback on how Yokohama Sheraton treats golds? Just made reservations there for 2 night early April. Thanks!
I stayed back in January. No particular recognition for being a Gold.
Desirees likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Stayed there earlier this month with my brother (who is gold) in separate rooms and I can confirm that he didn't receive any special recognition for being Gold. He asked casually if they could assign a room on the same floor as me (I was upgraded to one of the Club floors), but without Club access and was refused. The associate said that since he already booked a luxury room (one category above the base), they were unable to upgrade him any further.
Desirees and yjc281 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Thank you for your replies. Wondering if there is an upcharge that could have us in Club...will definitely report back if it is possible.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your replies. Wondering if there is an upcharge that could have us in Club...will definitely report back if it is possible.
That should be possible. Think it was something like 15000 yen a night when I did it two years ago, but I don't know what it would cost today.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Has anyone stayed here on points as a Gold? Is there a decent chance of getting out of the base room somehow?

We are looking for a quick two night stay (before five nights at the Conrad Tokyo) and being on top of Yokohama station would be quite convenient, as we can likely use the last couple of days of our JR pass and visit stuff further out in the city. But only the double room is available on points, and it looks fairly tight for two people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.