Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Two weeks at the same hotel? Wow. That's a lot of time in London. Why not split your stay up between two or three properties to maximize your experiences?

In general, these sorts of properties tend to be good for elites in and around Christmas because so many business travelers are off-the-road. If the hotel isn't playing games with upgrades then a platinum should have good luck. Then again, getting an upgrade for a 2-week stay will be much more difficult than an upgrade for a 5-night stay.
I interpreted it as he's going two weeks before Xmas, not that he's staying there for 2 weeks.

Cheers.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:20 am

Looks like for a 5 night award stay, MR requires almost $500 USD in addition to the points?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Looks like for a 5 night award stay, MR requires almost $500 USD in addition to the points?
If you want any room that's above and beyond their standard room. All other rooms involve additional cash + the points. per night. Or you've picked 5 nights where there's no standard room available.

David
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:51 am

Seems like when I look for award stays at Marriott these days, your only option above a standard room involves cash now. Is there a way to upgrade with points anymore or has that disappeared?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by profpeabody
Seems like when I look for award stays at Marriott these days, your only option above a standard room involves cash now. Is there a way to upgrade with points anymore or has that disappeared?
Originally Posted by DELee
If you want any room that's above and beyond their standard room. All other rooms involve additional cash + the points. per night. Or you've picked 5 nights where there's no standard room available.

David
Considering hotels in the Hyatt portfolio have been caught gaming the system by not making rooms available at standard award-redemption rates, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some hotels within the Marriott portfolio that do the same thing. Especially there are big hotel owners or third-party management companies with hotels across several brands. I can't imagine their bad practices are isolated only to one brand.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:48 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently at this property? There is a recent comment on tripadvisor
about the food in the executive lounge? Maybe a case of a guest with very high! standards.
I'm just curious. Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pilgrim
Has anyone stayed here recently at this property? There is a recent comment on tripadvisor
about the food in the executive lounge? Maybe a case of a guest with very high! standards.
I'm just curious. Thanks.
Spent a night there last summer and it was fine. Not memorable--in fact, I can't remember what we ate (beyond some bags of
really tasty popcorn really tasty popcorn
). Not as good as the Grosvenor House, and I wouldn't try to stretch it to dinner, but just fine for snacks.

I read the review you mentioned and it is very vague. Hard to say if the food was bad, or if they simply expected more or something else.

I also don't understand making the food in the lounge a decisive criterion in choosing a hotel in London. An edible breakfast is helpful, but beyond that? You are in London. There are fantastic restaurants and lots of great food you probably can't get at home. Why are you wasting your time on hotel food in the lounge?

If you can't figure out where to eat, I've got a raft of suggestions.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Executive Lounge photos from April 2017: Entrance

Seating:

Breakfast fare:

A bag of chips:

Their food in the Executive Lounge, when we were there, was good. There were plenty of Americans, some not so well behaved.

David
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:52 am

We lived in London for two years and are always excited to return. This is a different property
for us. Thanks for all the information.

Last edited by pilgrim; Jul 6, 2018 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:15 pm

London Marriott Park Lane will honour the free lounge access if you booked months ago for stays after the merge (aug 1st) until end of Dec.

Just email them and have it in writing before you go! Good luck
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip
London Marriott Park Lane will honour the free lounge access if you booked months ago for stays after the merge (aug 1st) until end of Dec.

Just email them and have it in writing before you go! Good luck
If you are Plat in the new system (Gold in the old), don't you still get lounge access regardless? What has changed?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by lexdevil
If you are Plat in the new system (Gold in the old), don't you still get lounge access regardless? What has changed?
He may be referring to the Golds who got it through status match who won't be upped to Plat level post-Aug 1.

Cheers.
lexdevil likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:12 am

Just completed 2 rooms of 7 nights each room at this property. Both rooms have Gold status with Marriott so both rooms got lounge access. Lounge food/drinks selection weren't great but can't complain. It's small and can get crowded (may be cuz it's peak season of the year?)

Both rooms got assigned on the 2nd floor looking at some dirty wall and machines and rooms were tiny without bathtub even though website room description says combination of bathtub/shower. However the room itself is nicely renovated and service at hotel in general is very good. If you care for a nice view, make sure you pay ahead of time to upgrade to a nicer room.

Kids Channel never worked by pass 7pm for my kids and they couldn't fix the issue for the whole week.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by musicscrip

Both rooms got assigned on the 2nd floor looking at some dirty wall and machines and rooms were tiny without bathtub even though website room description says combination of bathtub/shower. However the room itself is nicely renovated and service at hotel in general is very good. If you care for a nice view, make sure you pay ahead of time to upgrade to a nicer room.
Just finishing my 7 night stay. Was originally upgraded to a larger room, but given a choice at check in to take an Executive room that was smaller, but had a park view. We opted for the view. It is, however, shower only. If a bath is needed I would communicate this well before arrival.

Upgrades are minimal at this hotel, due to small number of suites. I'm very happy with our room. May have received better treatment due to PP status.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lexdevil
Just finishing my 7 night stay. Was originally upgraded to a larger room, but given a choice at check in to take an Executive room that was smaller, but had a park view. We opted for the view. It is, however, shower only. If a bath is needed I would communicate this well before arrival.

Upgrades are minimal at this hotel, due to small number of suites. I'm very happy with our room. May have received better treatment due to PP status.
Highlighted text is untrue. This property has the highest percentage of suites per room count of Marriott properties in the London area (see wiki in Marriott-family hotels in London, England):
London Marriott Hotel Park Lane Hotel Web Page Fact Sheet 140 Park Lane, London, England W1K 7AA
Stats: 5 floors, 124 rooms, 28 suites (%Suites: 23%) Concierge Lounge: yes Category: 9 Built: 1919 Last Remodel: 2015
What is true at this property is that the suites sell out given its clientele base.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.