FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:15 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by profpeabody
Seems like when I look for award stays at Marriott these days, your only option above a standard room involves cash now. Is there a way to upgrade with points anymore or has that disappeared?
Originally Posted by DELee
If you want any room that's above and beyond their standard room. All other rooms involve additional cash + the points. per night. Or you've picked 5 nights where there's no standard room available.

David
Considering hotels in the Hyatt portfolio have been caught gaming the system by not making rooms available at standard award-redemption rates, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some hotels within the Marriott portfolio that do the same thing. Especially there are big hotel owners or third-party management companies with hotels across several brands. I can't imagine their bad practices are isolated only to one brand.