Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Recently completed a four night stay here. For reference, have typically stayed at the Hyatt Churchill and Sheraton Grand when visiting London and this was my first time at the Park Lane.

We booked on points and cleared SNAs into a one bedroom suite 5 days out (while Sheraton didn’t clear so stayed here despite an extra 100k points).

Suite was nicely appointed. We really liked the esthetic. The soundproofing is really incredible. Outside of some sirens the room was very quiet. We preferred the room over the Sheraton and probably the Churchill.

Gym was small but functional. There was a Peloton but wouldn’t connect to internet. The pool looked neat.

As others have pointed out, the lounge is small. Breakfast got crowded although we always got seats. Spread was okay - you could order eggs but seemed a bit chaotic so we never did. Much prefer the breakfast at the Churchill that globalists can take in the restaurant. We went for evening snacks one night - food was pretty good quality. There were dips, pizza, pasta, some meat, and cheese. Enough to make a basic meal. Looked like drinks were red and white wine, champagne (or Prosecco), and beer. I didn’t see any liquor which both Churchill and the Sheraton have.

The location is very good right off of Marble Arch tube station, Hyde park, and Park Lane.

Hotel is small and feels a bit more like a boutique than a large hotel. Service was good, although we were very low maintenance.

Overall, we would stay again if we can secure a suite.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 3:43 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Conrad vs Marriott Park Lane

I have narrowed it down to these two for my wife's birthday weekend. I have stayed at the Conrad and it has a great club lounge, and small like this.

Anyone stay at both?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 11:06 pm

They're generally not comparable like for like due to the difference in pricing and location. I would say that the room hard product is somewhat fancier and newer at the Marriott, but the Conrad is still more than good enough.

If the price was the same, I would probably take the Marriott (despite the mixed reviews regarding service) because the location works much better for me than the Conrad, but if the Conrad was significantly cheaper (as I have generally found to be the case) and Conrad location worked for my needs, then I would probably save the money and stay at the Conrad.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Email address for this hotel:
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.