Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bellevue Dresden, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bellevue Dresden, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Breakfast at the Dresden Bellevue is also a very good experience - lots of options, many opportunities to satisfy whatever you need to start the day.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
The best breakfast in Dresden is in their posh restaurant. You get white tablecloth, your eggs prepared fresh to order, your private little buffet on the table and enjoy a spendid view and private service. On my last visit on a breakfast included rate they gave me the choice (notwithstanding the huge three room suite I enjoyed).
Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amazing - the latest post into this threat was mine too.

I had a further great stay at this great hotel. Euro 129 incl. full breakfast for two, a huge three room and 1 1/2 bathroom suite with full view at the old town, the Frauenkirche and the Semperoper. 10 am check-in, 6 pm check-out.

I really like this place!
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I had a further great stay at this great hotel. Euro 129 incl. full breakfast for two, a huge three room and 1 1/2 bathroom suite with full view at the old town, the Frauenkirche and the Semperoper. 10 am check-in, 6 pm check-out.
You seem to be able to manage a great rate with breakfast at this hotel. I assume this was a weekend rate. My stay there last November was OK, upgraded standard size room with a view of the River at 139 Euro (or was it 159 Euros, it's been a while).
Old Aug 13, 2008, 5:33 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
another question: what does "family suite" means in this hotel?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last stay in Dresden for this year: 98,20 Euro on a coporate rate and upgrade to one of their big three room suites with a breathtaking view over the Elbe and the old city. Wonderful Christmas market in Dresden. A really nice stay. Big (current) advantage: Due to constructions works close to Neustadt Rail Station the trams 9 and 4 detour via Neustadt Rail Station (for the Airport) and this takes you there in four minutes. From there you can take the train to Dresden Airport - 1.80 Euro for the full journey. Even if taxis are cheap in Dresden, this is a quick steal.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 8:26 am

Last stay in Dresden for this year: 98,20 Euro on a coporate rate and upgrade to one of their big three room suites with a breathtaking view over the Elbe and the old city. Wonderful Christmas market in Dresden. A really nice stay.....
I agree it's a very nice hotel. Great view over the Elbe river... Dresden is really nice, I have been there only in summer, never during the Christmas season. Where is the Dresdner Christmas market located?

Regarding the Westin, as said before, a very nice hotel, but I noticed two minor things:
-first, the garage is detached from the hotel, you have to walk (in rain or snow) from the garage to the hotel.
-next, when you come by car from the "wrong" side, you can't drive directly to the hotel. You have to pass the hotel and turn (at a round-about or so) to come back to the hotel.
Both are not real problems, but could have been avoided.
BTW, when you go again to Dresden, visit the "Glaeserne Manufaktur". Very interesting. When I was there the "produced" the Phaeton and some Bentley at this place.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USAFAN
Where is the Dresdner Christmas market located?
After the construction work is finished, the market is back to its historic location on Altmarkt.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:45 am

After the construction work is finished, the market is back to its historic location on Altmarkt.
Thanks!

Very tempting to check it out.. :-:Winter in Dresden:-: ... here is the "problem":

"BBC Weather Center - Dresden Germany
Current Nearest Observations:
clear 34°F
SE (13 mph)
Relative Humidity (%): 83,
Pressure (mB): 1000, Rising,
Visibility: Good

Nearest weather observation station:
Latitude: 51.13,
Longitude: 13.75.
Observed: Saturday 29/11/2008 at
2300 (GMT)"

Actually, not too bad. Cold and dry is OK .... last time (when Frauenkirche was opened) we had very nice weather, the time before we had really lousy weather, cold and lots of rain for two full days.

Anyway, thanks for posting ...
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just back from a stay at Dresden. In generel the Hotel is quite fine. Especailly the Italien Restaurant. We had breakfast there and it was q quite place in the corner. But long way to the buffet. Extracost of 21,- € each.

No upgrated toom given extrapoints without request.

On Friday and Saturday (public holiday in Saxonia) was a don of Medical fair in the Hotel. The Hotel was really crowded with many peaople which did not stay in the Hotel. Cars almost inside the lobby no way to come with your own car to the lobby. No parking rules even at night where followed or requested by the Hotel. Kind of chaos outside!

The complete lobby was full of tables and charts with some horrible - internal boddy picture - some medical stuff with cancer on you way to the breakfast. Very nice I tell you!!!

Very noisy noisy noisy!

But the room was quiet. Next time I will stay again at the 4Points Dresden which has no problem giving upgrated room and is more family like with a very good restaurant!

Well I think I have no luck with Westin. Not in terms of upgrade but service and feel comfortable or maybe feel welcome. I had really problems in Munich. (Here I really complained at SPG) Small problems in Leipzig. Things which not happen in Sheraton Hotels.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
just a short report on my stay last saturday:

booked a standard room during the birthday promotion (rate EUR 50,-) which really was a bargain.

upon arrival I was upgraded to a deluxe room with a fantastic view over the river & oldtown. I'm only a gold member (thanks to the latest promotion ), but they didn't hesitate. very nice staff!

only minus is the very old-fashioned and worn wellness area.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
recent reviews

Upcoming one night stay in March. Recent reviews? Restaurant recs, or off the beaten path sights to see?

cheers
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by singtx
Upcoming one night stay in March. Recent reviews? Restaurant recs, or off the beaten path sights to see?

cheers
The Kempinski restaurant at the Volkswagen Glaeserne Manufaktur has great 2-3 course Business Lunch Specials...

http://www.lesage.de/

Make sure to double-check, if they are any conferences/conventions etc. going on at the Westin. If so, I would def. recommend the 4 Points, which is actually more luxurious than many US Starwood properties. If you are a Plat, chances for a huge corner suite are very high. They have several suites and hardly anyone books them regularly. Ironically, both the Westin & 4 Points are served by the same tram and both hotels have a tram station 10 metres away from the hotel entrance.

Otherwise, some rooms at the Westin have stunningly beautiful views, however the hotel is in need of renovations, has no lounge, does not offer free breakfast for Plats and suites are also hard to come by.

I am really trying to make a case for the 4 Points here, saves you quite some $$$ and walking by the Elbe to enjoy the view is also fine, at least for me.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy AMB/LTE , Diamond HH, SEN LH
Dresden

Take a taxi, try the www.restaurant-kanzlei.de.^ Is in the suburb Striessen. Is more local and not so expensive. The most restaurant in downtown is only for tourists.

Last edited by Eastside; Jan 8, 2011 at 12:55 am
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by FD1971
The Kempinski restaurant at the Volkswagen Glaeserne Manufaktur has great 2-3 course Business Lunch Specials...

http://www.lesage.de/

Make sure to double-check, if they are any conferences/conventions etc. going on at the Westin. If so, I would def. recommend the 4 Points, which is actually more luxurious than many US Starwood properties. If you are a Plat, chances for a huge corner suite are very high. They have several suites and hardly anyone books them regularly. Ironically, both the Westin & 4 Points are served by the same tram and both hotels have a tram station 10 metres away from the hotel entrance.

Otherwise, some rooms at the Westin have stunningly beautiful views, however the hotel is in need of renovations, has no lounge, does not offer free breakfast for Plats and suites are also hard to come by.

I am really trying to make a case for the 4 Points here, saves you quite some $$$ and walking by the Elbe to enjoy the view is also fine, at least for me.

THANKS! After reading and reviewing prices...I can get the Sheraton for far less and it includes breakfast for two!

Thanks and PM or Post any more recs....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.