Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:24 am

Referral

would appreciate a referral to the westin vacation club in Maui
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Any recent Ambassador experiences?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:18 pm

Not sure if anyone checks this anymore but I received an offer to stay at the The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas for $599 for 5 days. When I called, they had the dates I wanted, but since it was spring break I have to pay $50/day extra. I’m actually still interested, as it still makes it a good deal. However, when I checked the Westin website, it said that property was fully booked. Are there certain rooms set aside for this timeshare offer? Or do you think they will try to move dates on me after I pay? I’m a teacher, so I can’t go any other time.

Has anyone had them change the date on them?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:27 pm

Yes, there is a different pool of available rooms compared to the website, as it's a timeshare property. They won't move your dates once confirmed.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Myrtle4
Not sure if anyone checks this anymore but I received an offer to stay at the The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas for $599 for 5 days. When I called, they had the dates I wanted, but since it was spring break I have to pay $50/day extra. I’m actually still interested, as it still makes it a good deal. However, when I checked the Westin website, it said that property was fully booked. Are there certain rooms set aside for this timeshare offer? Or do you think they will try to move dates on me after I pay? I’m a teacher, so I can’t go any other time.

Has anyone had them change the date on them?
Nice property, but you will have to attend the timeshare thing more than likely. Only an hour or two of your time, but just say no at the end, and keep saying no. It will be very high pressure sales...
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:05 pm

I figured that, but 2 hits seems worth it for what you get.

I have a new question now. Are the villas under construction? I’ve been seeing mixed things in online reviews, has anyone been there recently?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I figured that, but 2 hits seems worth it for what you get.

I have a new question now. Are the villas under construction? I’ve been seeing mixed things in online reviews, has anyone been there recently?
They are currently working on refurbishing building 5 in the North phase which includes adding ovens to the larger side of the kickoffs (lower floors at present - upper is complete). North phase will be totally finished sometime in 2020. South will be done in 2021 from what I understand.

Overall the resort is in really really good shape and well maintained.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:41 pm

Not sure if anyone checks this anymore but I received an offer to stay at the The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas for $599 for 5 days...
I received a similar offer last year and completed a 5 night stay in August for $799. The offer included a mid-class car rental (not including taxes) and $75 credit towards charges at the property. Overall, it was a pleasant trip. Service was generally good and the food was better than average. My only issue was with 2 roach incidents during our stay, but it seems this is a common problem in some Maui properties.

The details of your offer may be different, but I was not given any other benefits as a Platinum Elite. A room upgrade was offered for an additional cost per night, which I declined. The studio villa was spacious enough for 2 adults and 1 child in a crib. No points or daily breakfast was offered. Although the rooms were in good condition, mine showed some wear and tear. No remodeling was observed during our visit.

Prior to our arrival, we were contacted by our "personal concierge" to meet after arrival in order to receive the benefits of our package. The brief meeting was to go over our package and to sign us up for a time-share presentation. He assured us there was no pressure relative to time-share presentations in Mexico. I set a time and day but cautioned that I may cancel since my offer did not require going to a presentation (which he acknowledged). The next day, I cancelled without any difficulties. Hope that helps.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Pardon my ignorance, but do Vistana properties give out breakfasts as regular Westin hotels do? About to spend a Cat 6 package here in light of this year's Marriott devaluations, really regret not jumping on the $799 5-night timeshare sales offer I got in the mail quite some time back...
Old Jun 26, 2020, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Anyone ever been upgraded room size from "studio" to "villas as a result of status? (Either Plat of Titanium - Either Points stay or cash?)

Seems like they want an extreme amount of points to confirm anything above studio in advance - which is totally understandable. Just wondering if a villa counts as a "suite" type upgrade or something that's just off the table.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2020, 4:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Anyone ever been upgraded room size from "studio" to "villas as a result of status? (Either Plat of Titanium - Either Points stay or cash?)

Seems like they want an extreme amount of points to confirm anything above studio in advance - which is totally understandable. Just wondering if a villa counts as a "suite" type upgrade or something that's just off the table.

Thanks
Extremely difficult to receive an upgrade based on Marriott Bonvoy status at a timeshare property. But yes there are those who have scored an upgrade.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Yep. Upgrades there are very, very rare — and, per the program terms, the timeshare properties don’t offer them.

Beyond it being the rule for a timeshare property, I believe all of their “villas” are considered “suites” — making it technically an all-suite property in Bonvoy. That includes their “studio villas”, which are really just hotel rooms with a tiny kitchenette.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by controller1
Extremely difficult to receive an upgrade based on Marriott Bonvoy status at a timeshare property. But yes there are those who have scored an upgrade.

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Yep. Upgrades there are very, very rare — and, per the program terms, the timeshare properties don’t offer them.

Beyond it being the rule for a timeshare property, I believe all of their “villas” are considered “suites” — making it technically an all-suite property in Bonvoy. That includes their “studio villas”, which are really just hotel rooms with a tiny kitchenette.

Thanks all. That's about what I figured. Sounds like if we're concerned with enjoying our Titanium benefits to the fullest, we'd be better off at either the Sheraton (which we've stayed at, gotten very nice upgrade and they've got a nice breakfast situation) or maybe I should research the property in Wailea Beach Resort. We had dinner there when it first opened and the rooms looked nice but we didn't actually stay.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Thanks all. That's about what I figured. Sounds like if we're concerned with enjoying our Titanium benefits to the fullest, we'd be better off at either the Sheraton (which we've stayed at, gotten very nice upgrade and they've got a nice breakfast situation) or maybe I should research the property in Wailea Beach Resort. We had dinner there when it first opened and the rooms looked nice but we didn't actually stay.
Until Covid19 completely runs its course Titanium benefits may be limited anyway.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt
Westin Kakanapali $698 5 nights

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this.

I know there is an old thread on this offer but it is closed to new posts. My wife and I were talking last night about a September trip to Maui and then the Westin email come through this morning with the above offer.

my question isn’t about the merits of the offer or having to sit through the timeshare sales pitch.

what I really want to know is how difficult it is to redeem for preferred dates. As I said we were looking at going in September but when I look for availability on the Westin website for the room type in the offer, I don’t see any available rooms in the category needed.

Is it unrealistic to expect to get preferred dates with one of these offers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.