Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by osutraveler
Its not too bad as long as you don't expect too much. Here is a thread that reviews it thoroughly

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...heraton+gunter
I don't expect a lot, but based on your feedback I think I expect more than nothing. I switched from the Gunter to the Riverwalk.

Thanks for the info osutraveler and kluau88
Old Jun 22, 2005, 2:37 pm
tgw

In agreement with most others, I think this hotel is fantastic and had a great experience when I stayed there. Service was top notch and my room (more like a suite) was perfectly clean! I don't remember what I paid exactly, but it wasn't over $300. Overall a good value for the money though, and I will definately return.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: SPG
I have stayed several times at both the Westin and the Sheraton Gunter. I would say if there is more then a fifty dollar a day difference then I would stay at the Sheraton Gunter. Its an older hotel and clearly not as nice as the Westin,but it is usually cheaper and we have had no complaints the few times we have stayed there. Their valet is also around $10/night cheaper then the Westin. Its about a block or two further to the riverwalk but its right across the street from one of the nicest bars in San Antonio, the Vallenica hotel bar.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Anybody have experience as to what upgrade, if any, a lowly gold can expect at the Westin? River view room?
Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
Anybody have experience as to what upgrade, if any, a lowly gold can expect at the Westin? River view room?
Thanks
It really depends on the time of year. San Antonio is a busy convention / tourist city. If there is a lot going on in town, rooms will be full, so no free upgrades. Additionally, the New Orleans Saints are in town using up a bunch of rooms (players, coaches, staff) and they'll play 3 games in SA this fall (add in fans).

I wouldn't count on likely upgrades the rest of this year.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 9:38 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
We're checking in Saturday for a couple of days. Can't wait to get back to our home away from home.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:08 pm

Thanks
Just to let fellow FTer's know that within minutes of posting the above, I was contacted by Kelly Haynie of the Westin who generously offered her assistance. As a Marriott plat, who occasionally gets to sample a Starwood, I have to tell you how impressed I was by this outstanding demonstration of customer service. Thanks Kelly.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:44 pm

Just to let fellow FTer's know that within minutes of posting the above, I was contacted by Kelly Haynie of the Westin who generously offered her assistance. As a Marriott plat, who occasionally gets to sample a Starwood, I have to tell you how impressed I was by this outstanding demonstration of customer service. Thanks Kelly.
Congrats! Glad to see I was wrong.

I must say the *wood presence on this board is truly outstanding (assuming of course Kelly happened across your post here).
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt
Congrats! Glad to see I was wrong.

I must say the *wood presence on this board is truly outstanding (assuming of course Kelly happened across your post here).
I had no prior contact with the hotel. Her message to me, within minutes of my posting, was via Flyertalk. Kelly is terrific, and a credit to the Westin Riverwalk and Starwood.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 11:39 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Hey, Kelly...

I'm anticipating another visit to San Antonio in the October/November time frame, and based on a previous visit during which I sampled both the Westin Riverwalk and the Sheraton Gunter, I'd been planning on returning to the Sheraton unless prices were close. But (as I'm also a lowly Gold) I could perhaps be persuaded otherwise if I had personal assurance that my upgrade success would be better this time.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 5:08 pm

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
Westin Riverwalk San Antonio

Twas the night of Christmas Eve just after working the New Orleans game, came into the Bar and the Christmas Eve service was magically wonderful.
Jenavy and Elizabeth took such good care of us; even though they were working on the holiday. But that's actually the type of service you can always expect at this hotel.

Thanks Matt, Patty and William Sanders

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
The Westin Riverwalk rarely dissapoints, I stay there at least 5-times a yr because of this.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy - LIFETIME!!! Titanium ; AA - Platinum 2 Million Miler;
This is an outstanding property in my opinion and would recommend both the physical property and the service level to anybody interested in really enjoying themselves. One of my top-ten at SPG.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 1:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat Elite, Continental Gold, bmi Silver, SPG Plat, HiltonDiamond
Westin Riverwalk at New Year

Originally Posted by rockdocs
Twas the night of Christmas Eve just after working the New Orleans game, came into the Bar and the Christmas Eve service was magically wonderful.
Jenavy and Elizabeth took such good care of us; even though they were working on the holiday. But that's actually the type of service you can always expect at this hotel.

Thanks Matt, Patty and William Sanders

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to you too. Did you get an upgraded room?

I have a reservation there for New Year and hope that we can have a nice room upgrade if available.

Cowboy
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:15 pm

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
I was there for New Years Eve and enjoyed using points for a junior suite, city view. While it wasn't a balcony overlooking the riverwalk, the room was great. Friends at the new Watermark hotel were quite impressed with our room and said they would definitely stay with Westin next time around (probably at half the price).

Very pleased with this Westin and the staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.