Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Express by Sheraton London Euston, UK, opens Jul 2024 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Express by Sheraton London Euston, UK, opens Jul 2024 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

The hotel website is now up, says it is opening in July (not yet taking bookings).

"Located within the Bloomsbury district and in walking distance from Euston, King's Cross, and St Pancras stations, Four Points Express by Sheraton London Euston offers 201 comfortable rooms for a convenient stay in central London. Enjoy many top London attractions with easy connections through buses and underground, like London Zoo, Oxford Street, and the West End. A few minutes walk from the British Museum and all the many offices on Euston Road, Four Points Express London Euston is the perfect place for your leisure or corporate stay in London. Inspired by its surrounding greenery and parks, the dcor embraces natural elements, setting the perfect, peaceful ambience for your stay.Whether you like a full breakfast or a quick coffee to go, we've got you covered. At the hotel restaurant you can enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast. Or help yourself to a coffee at the reception as you check out with our warm welcome station or onsite Caf Nero."

Note that per brand standards, you only earn 1 EQN for every 2 nights stayed.

Location on Google Maps

Old May 1, 2024, 2:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Platinum, BW Diamond, RR Premium
A whole half night? Wow! Seriously, though, one of the room sizes is described as "Compact No Window." Half a room, half a night, and probably twice the price. Say it with me now, I've been BonVoyed!
Old May 2, 2024, 3:28 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Initial renderings look nice, but I am a bit worried when I see the old pictures on Google Maps... Even with a renovation, it looks like bathrooms were shared.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...n_England.html
Old May 3, 2024, 2:44 am

Wow, hopefully they entirely gutted it down to its exterior shell and tore out all the interior walls, because some of the rooms in the TripAdvisor photos look smaller than anything I've seen in my life. They look like prison cells, with barely enough space to walk around a single bed.

The whole place looks like it needed a wrecking ball and not a renovation.

It looks like the layout of the lobby, at least, is unchanged, just renovated:
Old

New

ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 4:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Based on the attire of the guest, can I assume these photos were taken in the 18th century?
dw, Swanhunter, MaxFlyer and 5 others like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 4:43 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Based on the attire of the guest, can I assume these photos were taken in the 18th century?
I havent laughed harder at a combination of FT posts in a long time.
Old May 3, 2024, 6:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Looks like a prison. lol
Old May 3, 2024, 7:04 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
This article has a rendering of a room. Tiny indeed- looks like the smallest rooms will have a single bed and not much else (other than the bathroom).

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...but-in-the-uk/
Old May 3, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by dw
This article has a rendering of a room. Tiny indeed- looks like the smallest rooms will have a single bed and not much else (other than the bathroom).

Looks neat. I would still have a preference for the Great Northern Hotel, for rooms that would be of a comparable size.
Let's hope that all rooms will have a bathroom.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by dw

its a budget hotel (bed factory) I actually think thats fine. Clean warm safe with a decent bathroom will work for plenty of people on a budget.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
its a budget hotel (bed factory) I actually think thats fine. Clean warm safe with a decent bathroom will work for plenty of people on a budget.
I agree, but let's see how really budget it is, considering its location, and the tendency of Marriott selling budget rooms at luxury prices... Look at most Moxies in US cities.
CorSter likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by olivedel
I agree, but let's see how really budget it is, considering its location, and the tendency of Marriott selling budget rooms at luxury prices... Look at most Moxies in US cities.
the European Moxys are much cheaper though but generally of a lower standard tbh

Im actually surprised theres no proper central London Moxy even in the works but we have this 4P Express. theyre all currently greater Excel, Stratford and Heathrow even Birmingham doesnt have a Moxy yet (NEC doesnt count)
Old May 6, 2024, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
the European Moxys are much cheaper though but generally of a lower standard tbh

Im actually surprised theres no proper central London Moxy even in the works but we have this 4P Express. theyre all currently greater Excel, Stratford and Heathrow even Birmingham doesnt have a Moxy yet (NEC doesnt count)
Marriott does not really know Budget pricing. The standard to me is Accor with their ibis brand.
Old May 6, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
30 or so years ago I use to work in a few buildings away on the same road. Every now and again we would go to the restaurant at the County for lunch. It was very old school and basic. Thankfully I never stayed there.

The Imperial hotel down the road is just as bad.

The location to Euston station (1 min walk) is very good but only earning 1/2 an elite night would put me off.
Old May 6, 2024, 11:48 am

Be careful too as its 1 night per 2 nights. If you stay 1 you get nothing stay 3 you get 1 etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.