Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee, Tribute Portfolio, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee, Tribute Portfolio, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

Formerly Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof
[CLOSED] Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Austria [Master Thread] - FlyerTalk Forums

Noting that, following this closure, the hotel has reopened and rejoined Marriott as a Tribute Portfolio Hotel.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Excellent. Looking forward to being back here.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:53 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Heading there at the beginning of April. Will add some pics here.
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 1:45 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel2

Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Schloss-Strasse 1 Hof bei Salzburg, AT 5322

Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel2 (12 Photos)

Overall this is a wonderful place for a relaxing weekend getaway. 

We were trying to rate this one against the other lake properties nearish to Munich - Tegernsee and Spitzingsee. All of them are good with different selling points. The best hotel depends largely on your planned activities. 

Check In

I checked in online, but nothing really had been prepared beyond the printout of the registration sheet. They validated my ID, but did not copy it.

There was no explicit thanking me for my loyalty spiel, but they did offer me an option of points or breakfast. I do not think I got any upgraded room as a titanium, or perhaps I did get moved to a better view room within the same category. Not sure.

Room

IMG_8623.jpeg

The bed was quite comfortable and there was one free outlet on each side of the bed for charging your devices.IMG_8624.jpeg

The tv is perhaps one of the smallest I have seen in a while in a renovated hotel room. The bevel around the screen also screen seems almost retro. Below the tv are two USB-A outlets (no USB-C anywhere in the room). The back of the alarm clock also has one USB-A port.

I am sitting at the desk writing this. The desk is spacious enough but the chair is not comfortable enough for multiple hours of laptop work. There are several free outlets below the desk.

I did not experience any issues with wifi coverage or internet speed. 

IMG_8626.jpeg

The shower was fine and did not leak per se. However, the multi-use bottles of a local brand from Salzburg (Marias) and towels were further away so I ended up getting the floor rather wait leaving the shower and returning with their bottles and then to grab the towel. There is also a separate bathtub.

IMG_8635.jpeg

The sunrise view was quite pretty.IMG_8625.jpeg

It is a really warm springtime day and the scenery is lovely.

IMG_8630.jpeg

The area is quite rural.

The hotel has a fairly captive audience particularly if you come by public transportation. The bus 150 travels about every 30 minutes to and from Salzburg main station and takes about 35 minutes.

We did not like the selection and cost of the food at the hotel restaurant. We are not big fabs if Bavarian/Austrian food so others might certainly differ.

We opted instead to walk up the road about 20 minutes back towards Salzburg to an Italian pizzeria that had decent fare and reasonable prices. On the way we also passed a reasonably priced Austrian-cuisine restaurant. 

IMG_8627.jpeg

This is the Schloss hotel that I understand will not rejoin the Marriott Bonvoy program when it reopens on July 1 of this year. I had stayed at this property many years ago during winter time and remember the beautiful wintry landscape.

While walking there we noticed there is a local farmer with and attached guest house. I am not promoting this guy's place, but if you go in a group with someone who is more price-sensitive or wants something less mainstream, it could be an option - www.schoener-Urlaub.at.

There is a fisch restarurant down near the lake that is open until 18:00. They had a fish soup special for 6 EUR. Unfortunately we arrived right as they were about to close.

We came here to hike.  Unfortunately that was not the best idea if you want challenging altitude differences.  The hiking in the area is mostly flat walking around lakes or maybe up some minor mountains.  We opted to go swimming instead 

Dining

Besides the small cafe next to the reception all the dining options including breakfast are located in the building left of the main building. There is a ground-floor enclosed tunnel you can use to get there. 

IMG_8642.jpeg
we only tried the bar where we had two well crafted cocktails.

IMG_8638.jpegIMG_8639.jpegIMG_8640.jpeg
The breakfast had a wide selection. Made to order egg dishes could be requested from the staff  

IMG_8641.jpeg
on a warm, sunny day the terrace offfers a great opportunity to take in the views while sipping your morning coffee. 

Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel2

Would you like to write a review on the Arabella Jagdhof Resort am Fuschlsee, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.