Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Flagstaff, AZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Hi all

I'll be staying in Flagstaff for 4 nights in April (since I can't afford Sedona prices ). The Residence Inn shows no availability and the CY is quite a bit pricer, but the Fairfield Inn and Springfield Inn have OK prices if I pre-book. The Fairfield is a bit cheaper, but not close to anything for walking. Any thoughts between the two?

Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:20 pm

I’ve stayed at Fairfield and it was one of the saddest breakfast experiences ever. I wrote to them about that even, and they acknowledged and promised to do better. Not sure if it’s better now.
painintheuk and yscleo like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I stayed at the Courtyard back in December and it was pretty dated. I like the Doubletree there better if you are ok with going Hilton. Also have heard great things about Little America.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
I stayed at the Courtyard back in December and it was pretty dated. I like the Doubletree there better if you are ok with going Hilton. Also have heard great things about Little America.
Thanks for the info. Normally I'd be happy with a DT, but I've lost (likely permanently) my Diamond status, and with the double night promotion this should get me to Plat with Marriott, which I haven't had in more than 10 years! I went with the Springfield Inn based on the previous comment about the breakfast. I'm there for a race, so will definitely want lots of brekky .
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:37 pm

Programs: National - Exec, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Delta - Gold, AA - Plat
As someone who lives in Flagstaff, here are my thoughts:

1.) Shame that the Residence Inn is showing fully booked. It really is a great central location. That being said, there generally is plenty of parking around Flagstaff, so something that falls within the 6-blocks of the "downtown" area isn't really essential.

2.) However, if you MUST be able to park and walk around downtown, there are a few other good options.

The Weatherford & the Hotel Monte Vista are both very historic, and generally fun places to stay. Both have quality restaurants and bars and serve as destinations themselves
Other chain-related hotels are the Country Inn&Suites and Drury Inn are both new-ish and perfectly fine. Drury in also serves as a training facility for the local university hospitality program, as a fun aside.

3.) If you're OK with driving, I would say the best experience would be Little America. Their outdoor facilities, restaurants, and general facilities are great. You will need a 5-minute drive into the downtown area, but the overall hotel is really nice.

4.) If you insist on Marriott brand, I would say the Springhill Suites would be the best bet. The Courtyard facilities are a bit nicer, but the hotel feels a bit dated. The Fairfield is newer, but much further out of the downtown area, and feels more like a random freeway exit hotel (which it truly is). Beyond the two gas stations and the pizza restaurant (genuinely good one, though) in the same parking lot, there is nothing else there.
painintheuk and martzipan like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
What I really enjoyed about the Springhill Suites in Flagstaff 4⅓ years ago was that it was a very short walk to the WalMart. No need to worry about the limited parking spaces.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...taff/overview/
painintheuk likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I ended up going Hyatt when booking Flagstaff for this May. 6500pts/nt for the Hyatt Place seemed like a steal compared to the ~$300 cash rates of it and all the similar hotels, and it's relatively new, unlike most/all of the Marriott properties.
martzipan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I ended up going Hyatt when booking Flagstaff for this May. 6500pts/nt for the Hyatt Place seemed like a steal compared to the ~$300 cash rates of it and all the similar hotels, and it's relatively new, unlike most/all of the Marriott properties.
A colleague of mine stayed at the Hyatt Place and had nothing but positive feedback about it.
martzipan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:48 pm

Concur with above regarding Hyatt Place - very new and wonderful service. Also concur about Oregano’s pizza - really nice pizza joint. Ended up visiting a few of their locations road tripping in Arizona.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.