Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Dubai, UAE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold

Noticed a new property today showing up in search results - zooming in on the map, this looks to be the former Hilton Dubai Creek.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/dxbmj-marriott-marquis-dubai/overview/

Edit: Maybe not, looks like there were two Hilton Dubai Creek properties. One that is still operating and might be next door to this Marriott. Maybe this is a new build?
NoY likes this.

Last edited by ElevatorEnthusiast; Feb 20, 2024 at 9:18 pm
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Reports all suggest it’s a new build opening the middle on March“The new-build Marriott Marquis Dubai will comprise 590 keys consisting of 434 well-furnished hotel guest rooms and suites plus 156 serviced apartments featuring limitless views of Dubai Creek and the city skyline.”
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Reports all suggest it’s a new build opening the middle on March“The new-build Marriott Marquis Dubai will comprise 590 keys consisting of 434 well-furnished hotel guest rooms and suites plus 156 serviced apartments featuring limitless views of Dubai Creek and the city skyline.”
Interesting, I'll plan on visiting during my next trip.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Made a booking - the top NUA choice is a 3-bedroom duplex with over 4000 square feet.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

This is getting all very confusing...

JW Marriott Marquis
Marriott Marquis
JW Marriott

margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:44 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Made a booking - the top NUA choice is a 3-bedroom duplex with over 4000 square feet.
Yes lots of options available including apartments and suites for the NUA

Last edited by diablo77; Feb 27, 2024 at 4:28 am
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Yeah it's the new Jewel of the Creek development, a bit up the creek (away from the Persian Gulf) from the old Hilton. There is also a new-build Hilton in this complex (not sure if they are calling that, confusingly, the Hilton Dubai Creek).
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL
Did anyone stay here? I am contemplating staying one night here just to try it. Pointsaver is at 18,000 a night as of writing this post.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by mangoman1
Did anyone stay here? I am contemplating staying one night here just to try it. Pointsaver is at 18,000 a night as of writing this post.
I was thinking of staying here too, some positive reviews on TripAdvisor so far but will wait for reviews on the official hotel site. The points were around 16k for my dates in June.

Last edited by diablo77; Apr 2, 2024 at 5:17 pm
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL
Originally Posted by diablo77
I was thinking of staying here too, some positive reviews on TripAdvisor so far but will wait for reviews on the official hotel site. The points were around 16k for my dates in June.
I'll give that property a try. Have a 15 hour layover in Dubai so might as well take advantage of that. I'll report back. Heading there next week.
MaxFlyer, jonisflying and diablo77 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:48 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Please let us know, I have Booked 5 nights there in January.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by mangoman1
I'll give that property a try. Have a 15 hour layover in Dubai so might as well take advantage of that. I'll report back. Heading there next week.
How was your stay?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:14 am

Stay was excellent.

Upgraded to 1 King Bed Deluxe Club room (very big) on the 14th floor. Room was excellent and spacious. Shower is excellent with dual sinks across from each other. Tub can fit in a family.

Upon arrival I had a choice of - beverage & snack or 1000 points.

Beverage options were -
  • 2 cans of sodas
  • 2 water
  • Half bottle of red (which we chose and received a full bottle worth $16ish)
  • Half bottle of white
Snack options -
  • Fruit
  • Cheese plate
  • Sweets
Upon arriving the room a chocolate box was waiting and a dedicated note from the GM.

M Club - 13th floor - open 24/7 which is FANTASTIC.
All day long snacks and small plates were put out (hummus, babaganoush etc) with bread selection. Attendants are fantastic and welcoming. Happy hour was great with big spread and good quality wine/beer/liquor selection.

Breakfast - excellent selection, on par with other hotels in Dubai. Everything we had was good and delicious. No complaints what so ever.

Late check out - no issues at all.

Overall stay was wonderful - I will be back - can't say a bad word about this hotel.
diablo77, khabah, DYKWIA and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 10:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Sounds great - I've got a 5 night stay for 67k points coming up. Sounds like a bargain!
TGLoyalty likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.