Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy™ 5th Anniversary Elite Evening at Marriott HQ on 2/22/2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy™ 5th Anniversary Elite Evening at Marriott HQ on 2/22/2024

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Kinda looking forward to it. I’ll be there with my wife. I’ll post up post-party info and pix.

My last event was an SPG night at Hamilton in NYC. We we’re offered tix for face value (which at the time was a great deal). Starwood bought out the entire theatre for one show. All concessions and drinks at theatre were complimentary. Plus everyone was given a swag bag with a Hamilton program, travel mugs, etc. It was very well-received, IMHO.

SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by FreeNight; Feb 22, 2024 at 2:08 pm
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

It was a fine time, as expected. Good food, drinks, discussion with chef, many warm greetings from Marriott employees, chatting with other Bonvoy members, Floor 57 tour, swag bag.

Entrance

One of two open bars

Meeting room

Chef chat

Bead bracelet bar

Dessert

Tour floor

Sample rooms

Swag bags w/Yeti travel mugs
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Sorry I missed you. I met a lot of the people on your photos, not sure if I met you. The bottle of Grey Goose in the bar photo, well that's gone now

It was a very nice event. Quite enjoyable. I spoke to one of the loyalty program VPs and she was very pleased with the turnout.

-J.
SPN Lifer and FreeNight like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I would love to know how they decide whom to invite to events like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
From the few I asked, seemed like Titanium or higher plus living somewhat locally to HQ.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by FreeNight
From the few I asked, seemed like Titanium or higher plus living somewhat locally to HQ.
A combination of that, though this year they had a few extra spaces available and put a form link on the Bonvoy Insiders group on Facebook. That's how I was invited. It was the first year they had done this and I met several others who were invited via that channel.

-J.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:26 am
Community Director Emerita

Who is the chef who is pictured and what is her relationship with Marriott? We enjoyed her TV program traveling to remote restaurants around the world.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Who is the chef who is pictured and what is her relationship with Marriott? We enjoyed her TV program traveling to remote restaurants around the world.
Kristen Kish. Seems to have a longish relationship with Marriott.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/resta...oston-insider/
SanDiego1K and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
At the risk of going further off topic, you might consider a more official feedback channel such as the website, Twitter, or phone. It sounds more like something's wrong with your account.

Invitations for this event were not sent en masse, so if you didn't get the email, it isn't something you missed.

Is anyone else going besides myself and FreeNight?

-J.
I got the invite, but unfortunately was already traveling this week. I hope the event went well!
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Kristen Kish. She is a judge on Top Chef and has the other show which you mentioned, which sounds really interesting. I need to check that out.

-J.
SanDiego1K and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
A room full of Bonvoy elite members who have nothing better to do with their time. Sounds like a fun event.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
A room full of BONV°Y elite members who value and celebrate their travel experiences. Sounds like a fun event.
FreeNight likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by FreeNight
Seems a bit silly to limit the invites to people around corp HQ. Obviously the invitees travel more than average so casting a wider net might have yielded more interesting results (for Marriott) in terms to feedback / interaction they could have had. I'll bet a lot of us here (myself included) would have considered flying in for something like this. The opportunity to have a true roundtable session with Bonvoy folks (not a complaining session - a true constructive discussion) would have been very interesting.
margarita girl and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
A room full of BONV°Y elite members who value and celebrate their travel experiences. Sounds like a fun event.
Exactly. Not sure what’s wrong with people that share common interests getting together in person to help celebrate the success of a program that offers upside to frequent travelers. Many hobbies are like this, in fact.
SPN Lifer and chipbennett like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RCyyz
Seems a bit silly to limit the invites to people around corp HQ. Obviously the invitees travel more than average so casting a wider net might have yielded more interesting results (for Marriott) in terms to feedback / interaction they could have had. I'll bet a lot of us here (myself included) would have considered flying in for something like this. The opportunity to have a true roundtable session with Bonvoy folks (not a complaining session - a true constructive discussion) would have been very interesting.
Actually, now that you mention it, I kinda think I heard that they were going to repeat something like this in other cities - or maybe it was the Aviation gin talking?!

Also, the Marriot people seemed pleased with praise and reasonable improvement suggestions, but this event wasn’t formally or otherwise for that purpose.

However, setting up formal feedback sessions with members is a fantastic idea!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.