Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for FNA Use in Florida next week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

I had a reservation for a night on Hilton Head Island to use up an expiring FNA this week, but we aren't keen on the six hour drive to go to an area with temps in the mid-50's and raining.

So does anyone have a suggestion for a Florida Marriott that would be a nice one-night stay between now and the end of next week? We are in the Orlando area, so *not* a Disney / Orlando hotel. We have a 35K certificate that I can add another 15K points to, so top redemption has to be 50K or less. I've already checked the Keys and there is nothing there for the point value.

Would prefer something in a scenic location, whether on the Gulf or Ocean, or something in a nice walking area (e.g. green area, or cozy town). I considered Amelia Island but the weather also looks a bit cold and rainy.

I know there are a lot of properties to choose from but I don't want to just pick some random Fairfield off a highway. Hoping someone will be able to suggest a gem that would make a nice relaxing staycation of sorts.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
The Fenway Hotel in Dunedin may be a good fit. Dunedin has a cute downtown, has access to a wonderful bike trail, and is close to some lovely beaches like Honeymoon Island State Park.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Second the Fenway or, with a little more time and range, the Springhill Suites in Punta Gorda near Ft. Myers is well above average for the type. The cash room rates can be very high, however we used FNA's there earlier this year.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Check The Vinoy in downtown St. Petersburg. I rarely see rooms for 50k especially in high season but you might get lucky.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
... with a little more time and range, the Springhill Suites in Punta Gorda near Ft. Myers is well above average for the type. The cash room rates can be very high, however we used FNA's there earlier this year.
This looks perfect, thank you! We can get any night next week for our certificate without a points top-up, and as you said, the cash rate is quite high (~ $290). The area looks charming with a pedestrian and bike path along the water and through several city parks. Only a 2 1/2 hour drive which is fine.

Now I just have to get my husband well after he came down with the flu after Christmas!
Old Dec 29, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by SusanDK
This looks perfect, thank you! We can get any night next week for our certificate without a points top-up, and as you said, the cash rate is quite high (~ $290). The area looks charming with a pedestrian and bike path along the water and through several city parks. Only a 2 1/2 hour drive which is fine.

Now I just have to get my husband well after he came down with the flu after Christmas!
Sorry to hear - hope it works out. There are some excellent restaurants within walking distance (across two vacant parking lots unless something has been built since last March) and the hotel itself is excellent, particularly the breakfast (for the brand). Cash rates in March exceeded $500 a night and we were still able to use standard FNA's. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
SusanDK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.