Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search not working properly

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Search not working properly

I think i posted this a while back....but it seems to be happening again. If you search marriott.com for hotels in Philadelphia, PA, they dont bring up close to 1/2 of the hotels. If you go to the hotel page, and input the same dates (12/26-12/28, btw), each hotel has plenty of inventory. I did bring this to marriott's attention in the past...but it is a real pain!
yscleo and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:57 pm

The only way you're going to get that fixed is if you find one or two of the hotels that aren't displaying and call the front desk and let them see they're not showing up. After all, the hotel owner is Marriott's customer, not us. Marriott will do something at that point.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:02 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
If you search marriott.com for hotels in Philadelphia, PA, they dont bring up close to 1/2 of the hotels. If you go to the hotel page, and input the same dates (12/26-12/28, btw), each hotel has plenty of inventory.
What happens if you select Philly and 12/26-27 on marriott.com?

Last edited by dayone; Nov 19, 2023 at 7:10 pm Reason: Fix quote syntax.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:24 am

Similar issue with Athens (Greece). I had to search for each property individually.
yscleo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 4:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Yeah, I had the same problem recently.

Searched for LAX on 17-JAN and the Renaissance didn't show up (neither did the Marriott). When I searched Google for the Renaissance, then clicked through to that hotel's page, I was able to book (and they had a large selection of rooms available).

Same for Hong Kong, the Renaissance didn't show up in the results when searching 19-JAN (neither did St. Regis). I went to that hotels page (from previous stay) and was able to book (again, large number of rooms available).
SPN Lifer and yscleo like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I'm having the exact same issue right now with LHR. Booking a few nights stay later this month and only one (yes, one) airport property is showing up on the website as available. If I search via the mobile app every single property shows up. First time I've actually had this happen to me.

The Courtyard Heathrow shows up in both searches. The Ren, Marriott, Sheraton, Sheraton Skyline, etc. all appear if I do the search for the exact same dates on the mobile app.

Utterly broken dumpster fire of a website is what I keep saying.

-RM
yscleo, KRSW and jonisflying like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by dayone
What happens if you select Philly and 12/26-27 on marriott.com?
Here is what i manually input and shows available (but didnt show up):

Marriott Downtown
Marriott Old Town
Renaissance downtown
Sheraton Downtown
Sheraton University City
Sheraton Four Points

Today, they are all showing up!

I tried inputting the address of the a few of the hotels, still didnt show up. Tried putting in PHL (further out), didnt show up. It was consistent on the hotels that didnt show up!
yscleo and KRSW like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I think i posted this a while back....but it seems to be happening again. If you search marriott.com for hotels in Philadelphia, PA, they dont bring up close to 1/2 of the hotels. If you go to the hotel page, and input the same dates (12/26-12/28, btw), each hotel has plenty of inventory. I did bring this to marriott's attention in the past...but it is a real pain!
Same problem in Santa Ynez valley... the Marriott in the valley doesn't appear in the results list. You have to search by putting its name in first (which means you must know it is there). Bonvoyed again!
yscleo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I've been having the same problem searching in Toronto, ON, Canada. Strangely, all the properties show up if I do a flexible dates search. It's when I select specific dates that there's properties missing. I've also found that filtering the results by brand makes the missing properties (of that brand) show up.
yscleo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:50 pm

Same issue - most cities not all the Marriott Hotels are coming up.

This is the type of issue that will get people to leave permanently, Marriott - if we can't trust your search.
yscleo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:32 pm

Seattle, Portland, Vienna, Amsterdam, Berlin - examples of multiple missing properties, mostly SPG legacy properties.
San Francisco seems to load them all.
Los Angeles - can't get it to summon the SLS even by entering SLS Beverly Hills.
Makes it appear scores of luxury properties have left the system.
yscleo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by volklboy
This is the type of issue that will get people to leave permanently, Marriott - if we can't trust your search.
Marriott has bigger problems if the actual property owners discover this. That's lawsuit material there to recovery lost business
yscleo and goodeats21 like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
Marriott has bigger problems if the actual property owners discover this. That's lawsuit material there to recovery lost business
Indeed.
Until I figured out "what was missing", I almost booked a Moxy!
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I've been having the same problem searching in Toronto, ON, Canada. Strangely, all the properties show up if I do a flexible dates search. It's when I select specific dates that there's properties missing. I've also found that filtering the results by brand makes the missing properties (of that brand) show up.

I tried picking the brand, and it was dark...meaning not able to pick it, even though they had the brand and availability!
Old Nov 19, 2023, 4:43 pm

Similar situation when I search for New York. I plan to visit NY next month.
yscleo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.