Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Promotion: Earn-Earn (points/miles for partner activity) United+Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2023, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Just received an email to register for a new promotion:

It’s an Earn-Earn for You:
Earn Two Ways on Flights and Stays.

Register now to earn bonus miles on stays and bonus points on flights through December 9, 2023.

Add Miles to Stays

Get 500 United MileagePlus® miles on qualifying stays at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® — in addition to the points you earn.

Add Points to Flights

Get 750 Marriott Bonvoy points on qualifying United flights — in addition to the United MileagePlus miles you earn.

Full T&Cs
Spoiler

I was able to register via the link in email without any problems.
platbrownguy and vg247 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Same here and thank you for sharing
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Not for all members apparently...
  • Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador and Titanium members can earn 750 bonus Bonvoy points per United ticket
  • United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Platinum, and Gold members can earn 500 bonus MileagePlus miles per Marriott stay

https://travel-partner.marriott.com/united/en-us/offer
ryw likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Not for all members apparently...
  • Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador and Titanium members can earn 750 bonus Bonvoy points per United ticket
  • United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Platinum, and Gold members can earn 500 bonus MileagePlus miles per Marriott stay

https://travel-partner.marriott.com/united/en-us/offer

That’s not how I read it. Eligible members are those who can register for the RewardsPlus (might be an old name) partnership. Those eligible members are

- on the Marriott side, Titanium and up
- on the UA side, Gold and up

Eligible members, once registered by linking their accounts, are then able to sign up for this promo. From the T&C:

2. After registering for the Preferred Partnership Program, members need to register for this promotion at the Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Partner | United Airlines Landing Page between October 10, 2023, 12:00 AM EST and December 9, 2023, 11:59 PM EST (“promotion dates”).
And then they can earn in either program through transactions in the other:

3. Eligible Participants will earn 750 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points for each unique United travel itinerary documented with a confirmation number and completed between the promotion dates; provided, however, that travel for an itinerary must start no later than December 9, 2023, 11:59 PM EST to be eligible. Only itineraries with flights operated by United or United Express are eligible. Flights booked with miles or money and miles are not eligible for this promotion.

4. Eligible Participants will earn 500 United MileagePlus miles per qualifying stay with hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program completed by December 9, 2023. The stay is eligible for the bonus if the Eligible Participant checks in and completes one (1) night of their stay prior to December 9, 2023, 11:59 PM EST. Point purchases or redemptions do not count toward a qualifying stay. Stay must be paid for in cash.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for sharing! I deleted this email earlier because I assumed that it was just another non-promo junk email that Marriott likes to send. But it'll accrue me at least an extra 5000 United miles.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post # 1)
Originally Posted by kalo93406 (Post # 3)
As a mere lifetime Marriott BONV°Y™ Platinum Elite status participant, who was Titanium through February 2023, I was able to register, too.

However, my wife, who is also a Marriott BONV°Y™ Platinum Elite status participant, and lifetime Silver, but who has never been Titanium Elite, was unable to register for the promo.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Oct 10, 2023 at 5:23 pm
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I'm Gold with United, Titanium with Marriott. I was able to successfully sign up for this promo.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Thanks for posting. I didn’t get the email but was able to register thru the link above.
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jtwiz (Post # 7)
I'm Gold with United, Titanium with Marriott. I was able to successfully sign up for this promo.
​​​​​You are the target market, both ways.

The interesting issue will be whether former Titaniums whose accounts are still linked will eventually get the UA miles under this promo.
jtwiz likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:53 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I got the email and was able to register. I am MR Lifetime Titanium and UA Silver.

--Jon
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:02 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
General Linking Error

Lifetime Titanium and UA 1K. I can log in, but when I enter my UA number, I get an general linking error. Please try again.

Anyone else?
ORDtoAnywhere likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by dshafiee
Lifetime Titanium and UA 1K. I can log in, but when I enter my UA number, I get an general linking error. Please try again.

Anyone else?
I'm Marriott Titanium member,get the same error with you.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That’s not how I read it. Those eligible members are

- on the Marriott side, Titanium and up
- on the UA side, Gold and up

Eligible members
'eligible members" & "Not all members". Not exactly getting what's different between what I wrote and what you wrote.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See also RewardsPlus: Bonus UA Miles for Marriott Bookings (500 miles per booking 2023) (Post # 61 et seq.) (United Forum).

Beaucoup BONV°Y™!
Old Oct 10, 2023, 10:24 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
UA Silver and MB Ambassador - was able to register successfully, and received an email confirmation of the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.