Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvory Hotels in Bandung, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:26 am
Original Poster

the Four Points & Courtyard hotels seem to be in the same area and are also similarly priced. Any suggestions as to which one to pick? Which of the two has better Internet connections and better Elite recognition?

Is Grab a recommended way to get around in Bandung?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:45 pm

Going to Bandung myself in a few days and booked Moxy (out of curiosity), I stayed at Sheraton Bandung last year and recalled it being frumpy and old. Checked out after 1 night. Havent stayed at Courtyard or 4P, I think Courtyard Bandung used to be an IHG hotel.

Yes, use Grab.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

@broadwayboy, i would be very keen to hear of your experience at the Moxy as I have never stayed in one before! If you happen to have the time, I would be interested to know what you thought of the Four Points & Courtyard and whether you think they offer value for money.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
the Four Points & Courtyard hotels seem to be in the same area and are also similarly priced. Any suggestions as to which one to pick? Which of the two has better Internet connections and better Elite recognition?

Is Grab a recommended way to get around in Bandung?
I personally would stay at Courtyard as they give the most bang for the buck.
  • Lot of suites, so your chance of getting upgraded would be way higher than Four Points (Four Points only has 4 suites).
  • Breakfast is included for Platinum elite member as they do not have any club lounge (Breakfast at 4P could be obtained in lieu of welcome bonus)
  • Welcome bonus of property credit (i.e. 2 x 10USD) could simply cover both lunch and dinner.

The only pros about Four Point is they have newer building and hardware. Please PM me if you have any further question.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Ag; Agoda VIP/Pt
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I think Courtyard Bandung used to be an IHG hotel.
That's right. It used to be Holiday Inn Bandung

Originally Posted by rwrhj
I personally would stay at Courtyard as they give the most bang for the buck.
How do you find the location in the immediate vicinity of the hotel? I know it's just a few minutes walk down the same street (Juanda) as FPbS/Moxy but their location seemed preferable for some reason.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
haven't stayed in the Courtyard but have been to both Moxy and 4P.

Breakfast is much better at 4p compared to Moxy.
Moxy suites is just a bigger room with sofa and bean bag but 4p also doesn't have that many suites so most likely will only be upgraded to their premium room that have an extended sitting area with a sofa bed.
There are only 2 lift at 4P and they are always busy, expect to wait at least 5 minutes or more.
4P is located a bit further away from main road (there's a small cafe building in front of it) while Moxy is right at the corner of the road so a bit more noisy from the traffics

location wise they are just across of each other

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.