Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Platinum Card and Ambassador Gifts Still?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:54 am
Original Poster

I achieved Lifetime Platinum elite in 2021 and didn't receive anything in the mail. I know they used to send out congratulations email from the CEO and a card in the mail but I never got either. Pre covid they used to send yearly Ambassador gifts fore requalifying for Ambassador Status in the mail such as coffee mugs ect. Do they still send gifts since covid?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I achieved Lifetime Platinum elite in 2021 and didn't receive anything in the mail. I know they used to send out congratulations email from the CEO and a card in the mail but I never got either. Pre covid they used to send yearly Ambassador gifts fore requalifying for Ambassador Status in the mail such as coffee mugs ect. Do they still send gifts since covid?
Good question. I'd be curious to know. I achieved LTP right before Marriott announced they were acquiring Starwood in late 2016 (it was maybe within a couple of weeks). I was initially worried it had all been for nothing, until I was pleasantly surprised to receive a welcome package containing my metal SPG LTP card. A few days later, a very plush St. Regis bathrobe with my name embroidered on the front arrived by courier. I think it's a size XXL (way too big for me) and slightly tacky, but super comfy. I still use it sometimes. After the merger was complete, they sent me a new package containing a metal Bonvoy LTP card that I didn't have to ask for (but no bathrobe that time ).
Jiatong likes this.

Last edited by tjk1976; Sep 30, 2023 at 10:26 am Reason: Added a detail
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I earned lifetime Marriott BONV°Y™ Platinum Elite status in January 2023, and never received a physical membership card.

I still carry around my 2017 MarriottRewards Platinum Elite card. The number is still the same, though I have it and my wife's memorized.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Ambassador here, and no cheeseboard since the great plaque hit
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Today I received a fun gift from Ambassador team. It was a box that included a dog toy, travel bowls and gift certificate for grooming. Was unexpected and impressive.
ewh9 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by puntamita
Today I received a fun gift from Ambassador team. It was a box that included a dog toy, travel bowls and gift certificate for grooming. Was unexpected and impressive.
I hope you already have a dog
Old Oct 5, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by KingCanute
Ha, good question. Ambassador level has a questionnaire you fill out which includes do you have a dog. etc.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
They send a dog when you hit the new status above Ambassador that they're planning to add. Qualification criteria will be 500 nights in a calendar year.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by tjk1976
They send a dog when you hit the new status above Ambassador that they're planning to add. Qualification criteria will be 500 nights in a calendar year.
OK. Based on last year's promo - 365 nights plus 75 promo nights plus 5 at each of reaching platinum and titanium plus 25 from each of 2 credit cards equals 500. It’s achievable! They really know how to woo us...
tjk1976 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I was trying to figure out how they knew I had a dog and forgot about that questionnaire a while back. I'd like to imagine someone got the box days after they put their dog down lol.
tjk1976 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by cubeman
I'd like to imagine someone got the box days after they put their dog down lol.
The same thought occurred to me.

"Here's a toy for your dead dog" is not exactly the heartwarming experience they're shooting for.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 3:08 pm

The dog will come with the box next year.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by KingCanute (Post # 9)
OK. Based on last year's promo - 365 nights plus 75 promo nights plus 5 at each of reaching platinum and titanium plus 25 from each of 2 credit cards equals 500. It’s achievable! They really know how to woo us...
A business and a personal credit card earn only 15 Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) each, except 25 EQN solely for the (personal) Marriott BONV°Y™ Brilliant AmEx card. So the 40 EQN from credit cards only brings you to 490.

I want my lifetime Marriott BONV°Y™ Platinum Elite physical membership card!
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by puntamita
Ha, good question. Ambassador level has a questionnaire you fill out which includes do you have a dog. etc.
My wife also got the dog box today. It is actually pretty nice. We have never had a dog, though.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by ewh9
My wife also got the dog box today. It is actually pretty nice. We have never had a dog, though.
Former Ambassador member here. How much do you want for the unwanted dog merch?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.