Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sanasaryan Han, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Istanbul [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:33 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for the first Luxury Collection hotel in Istanbul now that the property page has come online at the attached link.

Looks to be quite a nice property - no doubt a premium addition in Marriott's sprawling Istanbul portfolio.

khabah
Old Nov 14, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA/Marriott
In for 5 nights ahead of a safari next year. Current point redemptions are offering very strong value for anyone looking to book in advance. If reviews disappoint it looks like there are plenty of other high quality Marriott hotels in the city to switch to.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:38 am

Dang!

I have a 5 night points reservation at Sanasaryan Han in a couple weeks. I just received an email from the hotel that they are delaying opening until January 1st.

Oddly, the Marriott website is still accepting reservations from 5 December onward. My dates are no longer available on points, though I can book a cash rate for my dates through to the 'Complete your Booking' page. Further, the lower category rooms are 'Almost Sold Out'.

Is this just glitchy Marriott system or is the hotel trying to get rid of me (Titanium)?

Update:
Marriott website now shows the hotel as back to opening soon.

Last edited by NotJustDreaming; Nov 29, 2023 at 12:23 pm
Old Dec 5, 2023, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
Dang!

I have a 5 night points reservation at Sanasaryan Han in a couple weeks. I just received an email from the hotel that they are delaying opening until January 1st.

Oddly, the Marriott website is still accepting reservations from 5 December onward. My dates are no longer available on points, though I can book a cash rate for my dates through to the 'Complete your Booking' page. Further, the lower category rooms are 'Almost Sold Out'.

Is this just glitchy Marriott system or is the hotel trying to get rid of me (Titanium)?

Update:
Marriott website now shows the hotel as back to opening soon.
I just received an email from the hotel notify me they could not open until 1 Jan. my origin booking was from 22-27 Dec and now they just simply ask me to change it to 1 Jan or cancel it.

they refuse to provide any alternative options or compensation as most of the hotel normally does.

for the rest of the hotels had already increased their room rate compare to when I reserve this booking. I am still looking for a proper way to complain this issue, anyone had similar cases or where should I escalate it?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
If anyone has managed to stay here since its opening recently, please do report back!
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Very little info about this location and even fewer reviews. Looks like it was a former police station. Took a page out of the 4S book. Very tempting to make a res--would love to hear some experiences first.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dcislander
Very little info about this location and even fewer reviews. Looks like it was a former police station. Took a page out of the 4S book. Very tempting to make a res--would love to hear some experiences first.
Will be there early April - Will report back.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by JCT001
Thanks! Looking forward to it!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:49 am

If anyone has managed to stay here since its opening recently, please do report back!
Opened as of today, March 18, 2024, per their instagram post.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:59 am

Super curious to see how it compares to Orientbank in the Autograph Collection
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Dcislander
Super curious to see how it compares to Orientbank in the Autograph Collection
Perhaps a more fair comparison would be with the newer and seemingly more luxurious Orient Occident, also Autograph Collection.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:15 am

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
How was your stay? I’m debating trying this hote at 40k/night using FNAs or staying for free at Marriott Sisli through Turkish airlines’ free stopover.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by silverferrari
How was your stay? I’m debating trying this hote at 40k/night using FNAs or staying for free at Marriott Sisli through Turkish airlines’ free stopover.
Just started my stay at the property. Have mixed feelings so far but will report back after stay has completed.

If you can get a room for 40k/night, it’s not bad at all. Current cash rates are close to 600 euros/night.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 4:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Just started my stay at the property. Have mixed feelings so far but will report back after stay has completed.

If you can get a room for 40k/night, it’s not bad at all. Current cash rates are close to 600 euros/night.
How was your stay if you don’t mind me asking? If you have status, were you upgraded at all?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Quarantine
How was your stay if you don’t mind me asking? If you have status, were you upgraded at all?
Still travelling for another week - sorry don’t have a lot of time to write about my experience at the moment. But will quickly comment about your upgrade question. I am titanium / life time platinum, and did not get upgraded. It is my understanding that the owners of the hotel requested staff to save upgrades for their own families and friends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.