Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

If I choose my 5 elite night credit on Jan 3 2024...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2023, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Will it count towards 2024? Or be retroactive?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
2023!
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium United Silver
It will count for your 2023 total.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Very clear in the T&Cs as well when you are choosing them.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, they warn you that the nights would be for 2023 credit before you proceed to finalize your choice.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Yeah saw it but didn't think their sketchy IT would backdate it.

sigh. Thanks all.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Only useful if you're a 70 nights (or 95 with lots of spend), or need them to get to lifetime status faster.
SPN Lifer, jtwiz, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tbuff
Will it count towards 2024? Or be retroactive?
No, sadly it'll be for 2023.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by littlevoices
And yet I predict on January 5th, this forum will be flooded with people complaining that they got "bonvoyed" because the EQNs will post to 2023.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and JayeJ like this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
And yet I predict on January 5th, this forum will be flooded with people complaining that they got "bonvoyed" because the EQNs will post to 2023.
I think this happens every year...
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Ok, just for simplicity, Marriott is trying to be very clear and leave no ambiguity here. Clearly too many people think that their IT isn't that sophisticated (perhaps not without reason, e.g. I can vouch from having a minor problem as the China bonus nights credit was taken based on my status on 31 December, rather than 3 January, when my final night of the year posted), but it seems like it has been a very clear requirement for a while.

Originally Posted by Marriott elite night T&Cs
Five Elite Night Credits
  • Upon an eligible Member (Platinum Elite or above) selecting five (5) Elite Night Credits as the Annual Choice Benefit, the five (5) Elite Night Credits will be credited to their Member Account; these Elite Night Credits count toward earning Elite Status and Lifetime Elite Status. Elite Night Credits and Elite Status are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in section 4.2.b of the Program Rules.
  • The five (5) Elite Night Credits will be reflected in the Member Account within forty-eight (48) hours of receiving confirmation of the Annual Choice Benefit selection.
  • Elite Night Credits that are awarded to an eligible Member (Platinum Elite or above) as the Member’s Annual Choice Benefit will be awarded in the Eligible Status Year (as defined in section 4.2.e of the Program Rules) for which the Elite Night Credits were earned, regardless of when the Member selects five (5) Elite Night Credits as the Annual Choice Benefit. For example, a Marriott Bonvoy Elite Member who qualifies for an Annual Choice Benefit in 2023 and selects five Elite Night Credits in 2024 before the January 7 deadline will have those nights credited to their 2023 total.
Originally Posted by Marriott elite night FAQs 1
Please Note: If a Member selects the Elite Night Credit benefit, their Account will reflect the Elite Night Credits within 48 hours of the receipt of the confirmation of the Annual Choice Benefit selection.
  • Elite Night Credits count toward earning both Elite Status and Lifetime Status.
  • Elite Night Credits count towards the year the Annual Choice Benefit was earned regardless of when they were selected as the Annual Choice Benefit.
  • Example: If a Member qualifies for the Annual Choice Benefit in 2023 and selects the five Elite Night Credits in January 2024, the Elite Nights will count towards earning an Elite Status in 2023.
Originally Posted by Marriott elite night FAQs 2

What year do the five Elite Night Credits count for?

The five Elite Night Credits count for the year in which the Annual Choice Benefit was earned, regardless of when the Member makes the Annual Choice Benefit selection. For example, a Member who qualifies for an Annual Choice Benefit in 2023 and selects Elite Night Credits as the Annual Choice Benefit on January 2, 2024 will have those Nights credited to the 2023 total.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, just for simplicity, Marriott is trying to be very clear and leave no ambiguity here. Clearly too many people think that their IT isn't that sophisticated (perhaps not without reason, e.g. I can vouch from having a minor problem as the China bonus nights credit was taken based on my status on 31 December, rather than 3 January, when my final night of the year posted), but it seems like it has been a very clear requirement for a while.
Trust me on this, someone will ask this exact question again in 2024.
Jiatong likes this.

Last edited by lsquare; Aug 15, 2023 at 3:11 am
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
Tryst me on this, someone will ask this exact question again in 2024.
Just after they've asked whether the night of 31 December to 1 January will accrue to 2023 or 2024.

Every year.
TerryK, SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Just after they've asked whether the night of 31 December to 1 January will accrue to 2023 or 2024.
I think lot of the confusion is largely due to Hyatt's policy of crediting the nights based on checkout date and people not knowing which other chains use the same method.
SPN Lifer and yscleo like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:38 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Yet, if I’m remembering correctly, waiting for the new year extends the expiration date of a 75-night free night coupon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.