Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can I book ITC properties in India using ITC points and get Marriott benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2023, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium

I was checking the point pricing of some ITC properties and figured that if I pay with ITC points, the pricing is a little less than 1/3 of what Marriott charges for the same property as Bonvoy points.

For example ITC Mughal in Agra is 5075 ITC points and 15,500 Bonvoy points on the same day. Cash price is ~7K INR

As ITC is a Axis Magnus transfer partner, I was wondering if I can book using ITC points and then add Marriott Bonvoy Number to the reservation to get my Titanium benefits like breakfast and happy hour.

​​​​​I know I can do Magnus > ITC > Marriott but even then I will be paying double points as 5075 ITC will convert to about 7600 Bonvoy points (0.70 INR per Magnus point vs 1.4 INR per Magnus point)
Old Jul 9, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
That's interesting to know. A good way to optimize points.

Perhaps call the front desk and ask if you can add your MB to your GP booking. I think they should be able to do it. But check.

Otherwise create a dummy cancel-able booking at check if you can do it online or over the phone.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
As ITC is a Axis Magnus transfer partner, I was wondering if I can book using ITC points and then add Marriott Bonvoy Number to the reservation to get my Titanium benefits like breakfast and happy hour.
Yes you can at check-in
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
That's interesting to know. A good way to optimize points.

Perhaps call the front desk and ask if you can add your MB to your GP booking. I think they should be able to do it. But check.

Otherwise create a dummy cancel-able booking at check if you can do it online or over the phone.
Originally Posted by Anish
Yes you can at check-in
Thanks a lot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.