Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Paris Porte de Versailles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

I haven't found a separate thread for this hotel so I thought I would start one. I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend (2 nights) and had a very positive experience. I think it's a highly rated Courtyard for a reason.

Getting here via train/metro from CDG:
Take RER B from CDG to either Les Halles or Cite Universitaire. If you get off at Les Halles you will take Metro 4 eight stops to Montparnasse/Bienvenue. Transfer to Metro 12 for six stops to Porte de Versailles. Take exit 2, cross the street by the tram and walk to the right. The hotel is a 5 minute walk down the street, under the highway, and across a side street.
Alternatively, get off at Cite Universitaire and transfer to Tram 3 to Porte de Versailles.

(Note: I did the train/metro both ways and it took 1hr15mins from Terminal 1 to the hotel, door to door. CDGVAL is required to transfer between Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 where RER trains depart.)

Check-in:
I had inquired about early check in and an upgrade via chat the day before. They were responsive on chat but I got the normal response of "your requests are noted but not guaranteed". Sometime in the evening the day before arrival the app was showing an upgraded room to a Junior Suite while I had booked a basic twin room high floor. I arrived at the hotel at 9am and they had no problem checking me in. The agent working the desk was polite and their English was good enough (I don't speak French).

Elite recognition:
I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (as mentioned above).
Arrival gift was offered as points, 10 euro F&B or breakfast. The FDA said the breakfast amenity was new. I chose breakfast.
No lounge at this hotel. No evening canapes/drinks that I'm aware of (they weren't mentioned, I didn't ask)

Room:
The room I was given was only on a middle floor but still facing the city. While I could mostly see the elevated roadway and cranes, I did also have a view of the top half of the Eiffel Tower. Still great!
The room was large with a king bed, a sofa, a desk, a refrigerator and a bathroom that was large enough.
The shower had two shower heads - one a rain shower from the ceiling and the other a hand-held nozzle that you could move around.
The windows were soundproof and definitely worked well. I couldn't hear the elevated roadway that's right near the hotel, nor could I hear the tram that runs right near the hotel as well.

Breakfast:
The spread was large and plentiful.
My second day I did hear people ordering omelets which were accommodated. Unfortunately, as in most hotels, they don't tell you this is available as there was no menu. I still found plenty of decent food to eat.

The 1:15 from CDG with two transfers isn't awful.
The 20-25 minutes via Metro to get into the heart of Paris is a breeze IMO

All-in-all, a great hotel in a not-so-busy part of town. It's right next to a convention center which might work for people. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Paris.

-RM
RK23 and rhg247 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
I have had great experiences at every Courtyard I have stayed at, even the ones in the US. The ones internationally are probably the best value too. Thanks for the review.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:58 pm

Thanks

i am considering this for an upcoming stay so it’s nice to get a first hand report
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Did you use any SNA for the upgrade?

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I haven't found a separate thread for this hotel so I thought I would start one. I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend (2 nights) and had a very positive experience. I think it's a highly rated Courtyard for a reason.

Getting here via train/metro from CDG:
Take RER B from CDG to either Les Halles or Cite Universitaire. If you get off at Les Halles you will take Metro 4 eight stops to Montparnasse/Bienvenue. Transfer to Metro 12 for six stops to Porte de Versailles. Take exit 2, cross the street by the tram and walk to the right. The hotel is a 5 minute walk down the street, under the highway, and across a side street.
Alternatively, get off at Cite Universitaire and transfer to Tram 3 to Porte de Versailles.

(Note: I did the train/metro both ways and it took 1hr15mins from Terminal 1 to the hotel, door to door. CDGVAL is required to transfer between Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 where RER trains depart.)

Check-in:
I had inquired about early check in and an upgrade via chat the day before. They were responsive on chat but I got the normal response of "your requests are noted but not guaranteed". Sometime in the evening the day before arrival the app was showing an upgraded room to a Junior Suite while I had booked a basic twin room high floor. I arrived at the hotel at 9am and they had no problem checking me in. The agent working the desk was polite and their English was good enough (I don't speak French).

Elite recognition:
I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (as mentioned above).
Arrival gift was offered as points, 10 euro F&B or breakfast. The FDA said the breakfast amenity was new. I chose breakfast.
No lounge at this hotel. No evening canapes/drinks that I'm aware of (they weren't mentioned, I didn't ask)

Room:
The room I was given was only on a middle floor but still facing the city. While I could mostly see the elevated roadway and cranes, I did also have a view of the top half of the Eiffel Tower. Still great!
The room was large with a king bed, a sofa, a desk, a refrigerator and a bathroom that was large enough.
The shower had two shower heads - one a rain shower from the ceiling and the other a hand-held nozzle that you could move around.
The windows were soundproof and definitely worked well. I couldn't hear the elevated roadway that's right near the hotel, nor could I hear the tram that runs right near the hotel as well.

Breakfast:
The spread was large and plentiful.
My second day I did hear people ordering omelets which were accommodated. Unfortunately, as in most hotels, they don't tell you this is available as there was no menu. I still found plenty of decent food to eat.

The 1:15 from CDG with two transfers isn't awful.
The 20-25 minutes via Metro to get into the heart of Paris is a breeze IMO

All-in-all, a great hotel in a not-so-busy part of town. It's right next to a convention center which might work for people. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Paris.

-RM
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ktjan
Did you use any SNA for the upgrade?
No. Upgraded based on status (AMB).

-RM
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
No. Upgraded based on status (AMB).

-RM
Does this property provide slippers for guests?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another update as I stayed here again on a recent trip to Paris.

The views of the Eiffel are gone as there is so much construction in the area (both on the Paris side and the Issy side of the border). Note: the hotel is on the Issy side less than 100 feet from the Paris city line. Both sides have large buildings being constructed.

I was pre-upgraded to a junior suite about 4 days before arrival which was nice. There was a small box of choco covered nuts waiting for me in the room with a handwritten note. I went back to the front desk to ask about an Eiffel view as I had it the last time and that's when they told me the construction killed all their views.

The check-in agent just automatically gave me breakfast and didn't ask about my welcome gift. I didn't push it as breakfast would have been my choice anyway

All in all, another fine stay. It's not the center of Paris but then I'm more of a no frills hotel kind of person and would rather save the money and commute into the city via mass transit if it's easy enough and spend the money on adventures.

Yes, they provide slippers and robes (at least in the junior suites which is all I've ever had in this hotel).

-RM
CrossTravel likes this.

Last edited by RobOnLI; Feb 22, 2024 at 11:47 am
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:19 am

Just FYI, if you plan to arrive by car, there is a very cheap and safe parking garage only a few hundred meters away:
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/parkings...orentin-celton

While the hotel charges EUR 30 per night, I just scored three days of parking for EUR 33 in total. Unlimited entries and exits included.

Going there in March for a long weekend. I chose the Courtyard based on a very attractive rate (less than EUR 200) and the proximity to the Metro. All other fine options (Renaissance) are almost EUR 150+ per night. I would rather use that money for food and activities as I'm in a city anyways.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by CrossTravel
Just FYI, if you plan to arrive by car, there is a very cheap and safe parking garage only a few hundred meters away:
https://www.indigoneo.fr/fr/parkings...orentin-celton

While the hotel charges EUR 30 per night, I just scored three days of parking for EUR 33 in total. Unlimited entries and exits included.

Going there in March for a long weekend. I chose the Courtyard based on a very attractive rate (less than EUR 200) and the proximity to the Metro. All other fine options (Renaissance) are almost EUR 150+ per night. I would rather use that money for food and activities as I'm in a city anyways.
My daughter and her friend have reservations at this property in May 5 nights on points). Looks like a nice property based on the ratings.

Was wondering if they should change over to the Courtyard St. Denis, or Arcuiel or the Renaissance Hippodrome?

Never been to Paris so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.