Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Coral Gables, FL (near Miami)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

Here's our dilemma.

Staying a the Colonnade will deplete all our points.

Staying at the Aloft will not.

Both have reviews that say "noisy", but the Aloft in general has more negative reviews.

The Colonnade is described as "pretty"....but do we care when our eyes our closed?

Conversely, the Aloft is described as everything from "fine" to "a dump"

The Colonnade is 2 blocks closer to the restaurants we want to go.

Aloft is 2 blocks further.

I don't want bugs, dirt, and whatever, but to be able to have Marriott points for another stay?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I've stayed at the Colonnade 3 times and only considered it noisy once, so it depends on your room location. You may want to consider the Courtyard Coral Gables. It is definitely not as nice as the Colonnade but is clean and I've never had noise issues (4 stays). It is a further walk to the restaurants, but not that far. Also, if you are driving, check out the parking rates. The last time I stayed at the Courtyard, it was $10 or $15 for self-parking while the Colonnade is ~$35 for valet (ie you'll be adding tips) which adds up.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
No car.

I am leaning more towards the Colonnade, just seems nicer and better located (and pricier, or course). It will be midweek and I think a lot of the noise comes from weddings, etc. on the weekends?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.