Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Grosvenor Square, London UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor SQUARE
Grosvenor Square,
London W1K 6JP
United Kingdom

Phone:
+44 20 7493 1232

Official website
https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...svenor-square/

Not to be confused with the similarly named JW Marriott Grosvenor HOUSE (also in London, but in Park Lane)

Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

I'm surprised there is no thread at all on the Marriott in Grosvenor SQUARE in London.
Perhaps some have confused it with the JW Marriott Grosvenor House in Park Lane.

Has anyone stayed at the hotel in Grosvenor Square and can report ?
Does the hotel have an executive lounge ? (I didn't see any rooms that include lounge access so it might not have one).
How modern or old fashioned are the bathrooms ?

Last edited by est-gratuite; Aug 31, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I've added the thread to the Wiki for Marriott hotels in London.

My last London stay at this property was about 1987, so I'll not post a delayed trip report.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Had a great stay here in May. There is a lounge... I was able to use an SNA to upgrade to a room with a balcony and garden. It was really lovely and quiet too. Modern furnishings which looked to have been recently renovated.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Staying here now for two nights. Booked an executive room on,points. Room is comfortable with a separate sofa and very quiet as it faces the back street. Lounge has full breakfast and drinks/appetizers in the evening along with two good Gordon Ramsey restaurants.

I’d recommend without hesitation to stay here again.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Had a horrible incident with this hotel during the summer.

Booked a room here during the last week of June but cancelled on time and opted to stay at the Park Tower. 2 weeks after staying in London I received a charge of around GBP 2.5K and I received the folio of the stay which is in line with what I have cancelled and extra nights as well (It was for 5 and I believe the folio is for 12 or so). I emailed the hotel who investigated it and refunded the full amount.

they claim that their systems didn't cancel the booking. However, I don't buy that as if that was the case it would've been for the same number of nights.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Stayed here recently and was thoroughly disappointed in basically everything.

Booked a superior room with a Grosvenor Square View and was "upgraded" to a junior suite on the GROUND floor facing the inner courtyard with a private outside table and 2 chairs.
Once I saw the room it didn't feel like an upgrade at all.
Apart from the fact that there was no view at all, the room was dark at all hours of the day because there was only 1 small door style window in the corner of the room and not much sunlight got into the inner courtyard anyway. Also I could not have the door window open while I was sleeping or when I left the room unattended as it opens onto the inner courtyard which anyone can access.
The actual room doors are all old and thin and you hear everything and everyone from the outside hallway.
The "do not disturb" sign is written in english on one side, and in arabic on the other, which gives you an idea of who this hotel caters to.

I don't know if I insisted on keeping my original "Grosvenor Square View" superior room it would have been better or not as I have no idea or large or small it would have been.
I did notice when outside that rooms facing the square are all covered in scaffolding so not sure if I would have gotten a view anyway.

The club lounge was another huge let down.
Situated in the very deep basement with no windows or natural light, you either have to walk down (and back up) over 25 steps, or take a lift (elevator) which during my stay was not working at all. Food in the lounge at both breakfast AND for evening canapes was some of the most average and tasteless drub I've had in a long time. Also, no chance of substituting it for dinner as there isn't much except some fried items and salad...I left hungry and went to a restaurant in the evening. No strong alcohol spirits either....just 1 type of beer and some wine.

Platinum members (and up) can only have breakfast in the dark and deep basement lounge.
Eating breakfast in the regular restaurant (as plat and up) means paying the full breakfast charge.

Considering this hotel charges minimum 350 GBP per night for the most basic small rooms, I feel that overall it's a massive rip off.
The only thing it has somewhat going for it is the location.
For this kind of money you can get a lot better in central London.
Give this hotel a wide miss, and a hard pass.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I recently had a terrible stay at this hotel and this was, for year, my go-to hotel in London. Just to highlight the issues:

-I booked a park view room to avoid the courtyard. A few days before arrival they actually downgraded me (in the app) so I reached out to the hotel where they proceeded to argue with me that I was wrong and I did not book what I said I booked. They forced me to email them my reservation confirmation and asked me to bring it with me for checkin as well.
- First morning I walked out of the bathroom to get dressed after a shower and saw a man staring at me from the window (I am on top floor). It was a construction worker...there was another one at the other window so basically I had to keep blinds closed
-I complained about the issue and they moved my room. How I was never notified that workers are going to be there is shocking
-A colleague was with me and the next day had a similar but different experience...walked out of the bathroom after a shower to window washers outside her room. She was unimpressed also by no notice.

My biggest pet peeve though is the mattresses need complete replacing. They sink so much it feels like you're lying on the floor. Marriott Park Lane has similar issue as well with mattresses.

This is not an issue exclusive to Marriott Grosvenor Square, but I am sick of seeing chargers that are USB 2.0 instead of USB-C. Just swap out those alarm clocks or something that have the proper ports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.