Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Do Noncommissionable Rates on Marriott own site earn credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am browsing local properties because I most likely would be 2 nights short for this year's requal on Plat, with only one trip in Oct/Nov where I already try my best to use BonVoy. Since the rates in Sept here would be much cheaper than in Dec I plan to do the mattress run in Sept.

Here comes some "Package Rates" found on a local property - the Package Rates are all the same, with categories of Member Exclusive Rate, Exclusive Offer Rate (the offers are WiFi and an "upon availability" but no description on what that would be, Long Term Stay Rate.

In the Rate Details, Member Exclusive Rate is not commissionable, while Exclusive Offer Rate and Long Term Stay Rate are commissionable. They are all cancellable with 48 hours before arrival.

The oddity is, they are 6% cheaper than the Senior rate which I know for sure, is eligible for earning all the credits.

Have anyone used those "package rates" and still earn the elite qualifying nights? These rates are all available on Marriott own site, listed under Deals and Packages.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Non-commissionable rates still earn elite nights and points. But if that rate was booked through a travel agent, the agent would not get a commission.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
Agreed. I have stayed on a Member Exclusive rate several times, and always got my points and elite nights.
Happy likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Same as above, pretty much any booking I make with my corp code is "non-commissionable" but earns nights/points.
Happy likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for DPs. So I will book the Member Exclusive rate and save 6% on the cost then.
still curious on what the "Exclusive Offer" means when it just stays free wifi and then "upon availability" without any description.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I'll add to the chorus that Member Exclusive has never given me an issue. Also, XML BreakAway is listed as non-commissionable and has never given me an issue (and is the majority of my bookings).
Happy likes this.

Last edited by ElevatorEnthusiast; Aug 30, 2022 at 6:58 pm Reason: Can't spell "commisionable"
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The only rates that won't give you the night credit is like airline crew rate, Travel agent rate, Marriott associate rate, wholesale rate...basically if you put in those codes and get a room for $29 a night you know you won't earn point/elite night.

It's pretty safe to say you are definitely get the night and points if you book direct without using any code.
Happy likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by bjdj94
Non-commissionable rates still earn elite nights and points. But if that rate was booked through a travel agent, the agent would not get a commission.
You can’t receive cash back if you book through a cash back site. I used to do this through my work discount scheme, but this ended years ago.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:45 am

When you book on IHG.com it tells you how many points you will earn on the stay...its a really nice feature I wish the other chains would do. It takes all the guess work out of these things
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:22 am

Marriott Associate rates (MMP) does earn elite nights, not sure of the other rates.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stuartpig
You can’t receive cash back if you book through a cash back site. I used to do this through my work discount scheme, but this ended years ago.
Are there still cash back sites that would earn you cash back if book thru them? Years ago I tried that but often forgot. I did not even remember such scheme this year when I did the double elite nights promotion in March with several pay nights on a reluctant road trip. LOL.

Originally Posted by Phreal
Marriott Associate rates (MMP) does earn elite nights, not sure of the other rates.
This is interesting. you would think it wouldn't earn anything.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nacho
The only rates that won't give you the night credit is like airline crew rate, Travel agent rate, Marriott associate rate, wholesale rate...basically if you put in those codes and get a room for $29 a night you know you won't earn point/elite night.

It's pretty safe to say you are definitely get the night and points if you book direct without using any code.
So I do stay with these rates quite regularly, and I was told that I can append my number for the benefits and I'd only get points and the night counted if I purchase something on the property e.g. a bottle of water.

Is that the case or because the rate no matter how much I spend I don't get the night.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by stuartpig
I always book through a cashback site, and almost always BRG the rates, and every time I get points and nights credit and also cash back from the site (except in the rare circumstance where the original rate booked was noncommissionable to start with).
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by YYZtoHKG
So I do stay with these rates quite regularly, and I was told that I can append my number for the benefits and I'd only get points and the night counted if I purchase something on the property e.g. a bottle of water.

Is that the case or because the rate no matter how much I spend I don't get the night.
Really? I was told that I got nothing at a Sheraton in Istanbul. They said my T status gives me nothing for the rate like this, no lounge access either. I tried using my SNA and it didn't work. I got nothing during the stay.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nacho
Really? I was told that I got nothing at a Sheraton in Istanbul. They said my T status gives me nothing for the rate like this, no lounge access either. I tried using my SNA and it didn't work. I got nothing during the stay.
i'm actually not sure, i've been told different things. Some properties corroborate the "if i buy something i'll get the points and night for that" bit and some say i get zilch. Thats why i'm reaching out there to see if someone knows the actual answer.

The stay shows on my app as getting 1 night but i obv didn't get credited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.