Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Reserve - New Benefits and Redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver

I just received an e-mail that I imagine many, if not most, of you have. From the FAQs-

Can I Earn and Redeem Marriott Bonvoy® Points when staying at Ritz-Carlton Reserve Properties?

Yes, we are pleased to announce that you can Earn and Redeem Points for Stays at all Ritz-Carlton Reserve Properties commencing April 14, 2022. Terms and Conditions apply.

Will I earn an Elite Night Credit for every night of my Stay?

Yes. Members will receive one credit for every Night of the Member’s Stay.

samosa likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Minimal benefit... there are only 5 Ritz Carlton Reserve properties in the world. If one is staying there, they are likely not concerned with credit for status.
Still no elite benefit for room upgrades or suite nights either.
samosa and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Also got the same email. Happy to see this and a step in the right direction for the Bonvoy program overall. Definitely makes me more likely to book one of these properties in a given locale.

Would be nice to see Bvlgari also be brought fully into Bonvoy as I think it was/is a mistake to allow some brands/hotels access to the reservation system without requiring at least some kind of baseline participation from them in loyalty program.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by rylan
Minimal benefit... there are only 5 Ritz Carlton Reserve properties in the world. If one is staying there, they are likely not concerned with credit for status.
Still no elite benefit for room upgrades or suite nights either.
Disagree. Many of the Reserve properties already provide upgrades for elites despite this not being required. I am someone that has not yet stayed at a Reserve property because I don’t see the point if I don’t earn credit towards Ambassador for it and will just book a Four Seasons / whatever instead currently. This may change that.

Don’t really get why everyone has to be so negative all the time when this is quite clearly a positive change.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Personally I am very happy with the inclusion of RC Reserve.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Always great to have another way to earn points. I remember when the Ritz Reserves started, bloggers wrote that they are so exclusive that people who stay there aren't going to worry about petty things such as points.

Though I gotta save a ton of money to be able to stay at one, even for just 1 night.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Point redemption rates seem in line with other high end properties, except Ritz Dorado's standard rate appears to be 220K/night. The others mostly looked around 100-120K/night. It's an OK deal for holiday periods, but pretty terrible value during the rest of the year.

On the bright side, availability seems to be great for now. They haven't learned from other Ritz properties (looking at you Ritz Kapalua) how to completely block standard award redemptions yet.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:43 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Elite benefits at Ritz Carlton Reserve

Just had an email from Marriott stating that elite members will now receive benefits at the Ritz Carlton Reserve hotels. Searched the email for further details but found none. Does this mean being entitled to upgrades, breakfast etc, or is it just the possibility of earning and redeeming points. Also would this mean that benefits are applicable at normal Ritz Carlton’s. I know currently that only titanium members are entitled to an upgrade. All a bit vague!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Basically just earning and redeeming at this point (no breakfast and no guaranteed upgrades). Platinum and above receive 1,000 point welcome amenity and ambassador guests receive $150 resort credit.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:16 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
To be honest much as earning points would be nice ( am looking at RC Krabi) which is about $700 per night so points will add up. Disappointed that no upgrades or breakfast welcome amenity offered. I can still book via Amex platinum program which will give me continental breakfast and upgrades plus a resort credit. I just don’t see why Marriott can’t convince this group to at least offer the same benefits.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fdem
To be honest much as earning points would be nice ( am looking at RC Krabi) which is about $700 per night so points will add up. Disappointed that no upgrades or breakfast welcome amenity offered. I can still book via Amex platinum program which will give me continental breakfast and upgrades plus a resort credit. I just don’t see why Marriott can’t convince this group to at least offer the same benefits.
I wonder if FHR credit stacks with $150 Ambassador credit? I see this as a positive change as $150 credit pays for breakfasts for short stays.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, AC 25K, UA Silver
Doesn't seem like the The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore has any dates available for points redemption?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TerryK
I wonder if FHR credit stacks with $150 Ambassador credit? I see this as a positive change as $150 credit pays for breakfasts for short stays.
What's the $150 Ambassador credit?

BTW, there's no late checkout elite benefit either, but I would guess that these properties are classified as resorts.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bpatient
Doesn't seem like the The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore has any dates available for points redemption?
Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore is a Ritz Carlton, not a Ritz Carlton Reserve and has nothing to do with this change. Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore does not participate in Bonvoy.
bpatient and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.