Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

No upgraded status during status challenges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC

I'm lifetime Gold, have some trips coming up and figured I'd go for a Platinum status (16 nights by the end of June should be no problem). Talked with the person over the phone, confirmed enrollment, and hung up. Two days later, status still showing as Gold. Talked to someone today who said the first person was incorrect in suggesting that I would have Platinum for the duration of the challenge. He read the terms and conditions which apparently state that I will not get upgraded status until I meet the challenge requirements. Until I hit 16 nights, I'm still Gold.

This is different from every other status challenge I've ever done with Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, American, and United. Is this a thing now, or was the second person incorrect? He seemed to be reading from a policy document, so I'm inclined to accept that, but wondering if others have different experiences.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's been quite awhile since the major hotel chains regularly let you enjoy the status during a challenge.

It was too easy to request a challenge ahead of a week's holiday - to enjoy the status without ever having any intention of completing the challenge...
MSPeconomist, SPN Lifer and KRSW like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's been quite awhile since the major hotel chains regularly let you enjoy the status during a challenge.

It was too easy to request a challenge ahead of a week's holiday - to enjoy the status without ever having any intention of completing the challenge...
Thanks, it has admittedly been quite a while since I've done a status challenge (probably at least 4+ years, now that I think about it).
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Yep, I can confirm this is how the challenge is currently working (I'm nearly complete on a Platinum challenge, and the lack of breakfast makes me sad and hungry until it's complete.)

I asked about a match to other hotel status in the interim, but that didn't seem like an option the agent was able to currently provide.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
There are actually two different Platinum challenges now: the standard one that requires 16 nights in 90 days to get platinum status and doesn’t provide status during the trial and “Taste of Platinum” that gives platinum status during the trial and requires 15 nights in 90 days to keep the status. “Taste of Platinum” is only available to employees of select companies (e.g., consulting firms), and you have to email from your work address to sign up.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by merrickdb
“Taste of Platinum” is only available to employees of select companies (e.g., consulting firms), and you have to email from your work address to sign up.
I knew Hyatt offered this. I’ve never heard of Marriott offering a similar program. Is this new?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I knew Hyatt offered this. I’ve never heard of Marriott offering a similar program. Is this new?
does Hyatt offer status during the globalist challenge?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by myperks
does Hyatt offer status during the globalist challenge?
No, they only give you Explorist right off the bat and you have to stay a certain number of nights for Globalist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.